test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
PvP solo event is quite good, going on strong as you are granted that there won't be any premade met on both sides which doesn't actually protect against meeting matchmaked players from same guild on the opposite team. After many games I fought against some guilds duos trios cause there were many of them queueing at the same time, I had some of mine guildies on my side as well as on the opposite site it was very similar experience to normal dom match, just without full premades. This is something good to start with as usually there is something going on, however one BiS player among lowbies makes the team whoever gots that player matchmaked a win unless the other group is rotating really well and your team is not then its still possible to lose and I did lost match a few times due to situation mentioned. This I believe had happened because there are no que requirements to enter this Domination Solo Queue. I sugest that likewise PvE players needs ER to enter FBI, there should be Tenacity requirement to enter PvP (can be same as is on Burning Gear) and an TIL requirement of at least 2.5k would be great. I'd personally prefer a 3.3k TIL req or so cause this is the point where you have some strong enchantments on gear and if you notice it well enough you can reswitch them to defensives to get a bit more survivability as usually people upgrade their offensive enchantments first. Back on the topic, my team usually lost cause they had no tenacity, 1.7k gear score and died as soon as they left campfire the other team weren't any superb they had similar gear range but players had tenacity and rotated quite well, they sent enough people to hold a node to node.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Hell no.
    Are you gonna give us gold everytime we need to switch enchants from our PvE to PvP gear to get that IL?
    And we finally have a decent amount of players running Domination. Would you like to cut that down again to maybe 10-20 (2.5k+) players depending on the time of the day? And mind you that this would mostly be exclusive PvP players.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I still think most of the issues brought up should be fixable by a decent matchmaking +population. Plus: How are you going to get Tenacity without the ability to queue for PVP?​​
  • jahrynjahryn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    One of the most absurd things I did see in PvP solo is people actually found a way to cheat the system... I watched two people 4k+ slowly kick out lesser members, I can only assume by manipulation and voting, until they had near a full group of 4k + ... I wish they would make various pvps based on item level... if you're 3k - 3.5k for example, you're in one que.. 3.6 - 4k another... 4k+ another... that would keep things a lot more balanced and keep cheaters from doing this. I really wish I could include the names of these people here so people wouldn't fall for their little trap.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Tenacity should again be removed from the game.
    It is a very high entry barrier.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No tenacity would today turn pvp in to a one-shot mayhem. Removing it from gear, and adding a set amount directly to your base stats, would be a far better option imo.
    There's just something that is so incredibly unsatisfying with popping all my buffs while rushing mid node, and then one-shot the first two people I attack, because they don't possess the defensive stats to survive it.

Edit: or perhaps cut tenacity down to 1/4 or so on gear, and add 1k or so as base stat. That way it would be slightly easier to get started with pvp gear up, and it would be a little harder to build that indestructible character some people seem to enjoy so much. I think.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    They added tenacity with IWD so you need to buy yet another bag for items to carry around, and probably let you make a few other R10s (back then) and pay for them so you dont need to switch around all the time.
    They could have added tenacity to every gear available or to base as suggested so that players are on a more equal level.
    Putting a non-tenacity player in a match with a tenacity geared player is just nonsense. And that is what is happening now.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Amen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    This is just lame, while seperate tiers are acceptable, not this... Kicking is indeed a problem, not being able to kick is a problem too. If you seriously feel so elite, don't come into solo queues. Face you other elite friends in a regular queue and let us play freely.
    FrozenFire
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

And no it wasnt make to made so stupid money, it was to provide defense.

I woud disagree. It would be easy to give everyone Tenacity. Tenacity is a "magical" stat, like a puff of wind. Arpen and DR are visceral--they make sense. What is Tenacity supposed to represent--padded walls? Why are the walls more padded for some??

Tenacity does give us whole new sets to farm....