test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Workshop Beholder Bug

Can't click to search Beholder at the end of the workshop dungeon. There is no prompt to talk to it.

Comments

• Options
    madeyezmadeyez Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't want to state the obvious, but have you tried standing really close to it? like wearing it as a hat close? I've run that dungeon like 50 times (no I haven't gotten the tank btw) and I've been able to search it every time.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I had that happened to me a couple of times - even waited until everyone else left the dungeon and approached it from every direction. It didn't start happening to me until Saturday night, then seemed to happen more and more often.

I'm sure that one was my Personal Tank... :(
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    i have always been able to search it but it doesn't always drop something.. at times its the blessing and at times the vines or the drink box but every once in a while its nothing
  • Options
    kostam#8045 kostam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It happened to me at least 5 times. It just bugs sometimes. I tried opening chest, coming back, moving away, circling, it just wouldnt let me interact. I have so far 150 dices from that event, no Beholder yet. I know three ppl from my guild that got it from few tries. I will keep trying for sure.
  • Options

i have always been able to search it but it doesn't always drop something.. at times its the blessing and at times the vines or the drink box but every once in a while its nothing

I've had that happen as well, but didn't think anything of it - I was more irritated with the times I legitimately could not interact with the beholder
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    lourdieslourdies Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    It's happened to me to. Thinking my beholder tank is playing hard to get. I've run it over 200 times and it's not let me click it 4 or 5 times I think
    0kqy.jpg
  • Options
    My BF had a run of about 10 in a row where he could not interact with the beholder. He was so mad he left to play Star Trek for a while. He did say he submitted a ticket. Seems to happen to my group of friends about 1/10 times you run it. So that only decreases the odds more. I would be so upset if I was supposed to have been able to loot it for it to glitch out at that moment.

• Options
    priso#7381 priso Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This might happen because either your inventory is full or had item in the overflow bag, check if this it's the cause ,if not the best thing would be sending a ticket n be patience
  • Options
    ck99#5930 ck99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    That's a good troubleshooting tip. However my bag was empty when I started, and there was nothing in the overflow. It seems to be just bugged. It started after my 55th run. I've tried again a few days later to no avail. I guess I'll just keep farming the Apocalypse Dagger.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've had it happen to me 3 or 4 times and no overflow in the bag problems. it just doesn't work. it doesn't seem to work for anyone. I know there was some sort of bug last year on pc where people could somehow go around and talk to the professor early and it caused it to bug out for everyone. I don't think that's the thing but it seems like everyone in the party is standing around it when it's happened to me. normally everyone leaves immediately. in a guild run I wasn't in I heard people talking about how someone left early and it caused that to happen for everyone else. or at least that is where my guild mates were placing blame.

this is a thing. it's real. it isn't bag overflow problems. it's the game.
  • Options
    Problem is, this is how you submit bug reports for the PS4. There is no option like on the PC (which really sucks) and if you submit a ticket, they tell you to submit a bug report. In the mean time, that means no beholder tank for me since it's now glitching every two runs. At least I get my owlbear figuring still.
    0kqy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Now I can't loot the beholder at all and I have no party member tab. Looks like I'm in a party by myself. Done 4 runs like that and was not able to inspect the beholder tank on all 4 runs. I'm done! Looks like this bug is preventing me from even trying to get the tank.
    0kqy.jpg
  • Options
    darthchimaydarthchimay Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Twice now, after finishing the artificer's workshop event, I have been unable to interact with the beholder tank. When I move the reticle over it, there is no prompt and pressing x does nothing.
  • Options
    bigkevib#6069 bigkevib Member Posts: 2 New User
    i had it happen 3 times in a roll with me too also i've done the workshop over 2,000 times and never got the mount. some time i get nothing from the beholder this is if i get to interact with it. i mean is the mount a real drop or is it the game saying it is so you get mad and pay real money for zen to buy one in the trade house???? ive farmed that event since it cameout for the mount and still nothing??? what gives??
  • Options
    statik46312#7590 statik46312 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have also not been able to interact 3 times now with the tank
  • Options
    bigkevib#6069 bigkevib Member Posts: 2 New User
    i,ve done it over 2,000 time and i get that too sometime and i still have not got the mount to drop i dont think it drops i think it a lie they telling us
  • Options
    Last night again - twice I couldn't loot the beholder :(

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    So this is a bug. I have now done close to 3,000 runs and it happens about 33% of the time for me. Roughly 1,000 of my runs has resulted in no loot, give or take. I'm a bit upset and annoyed. Especially if this is a bug. Who knows. Maybe I should have a beholder mount in my inventory. Jeez....

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016

So this is a bug. I have now done close to 3,000 runs and it happens about 33% of the time for me. Roughly 1,000 of my runs has resulted in no loot, give or take. I'm a bit upset and annoyed. Especially if this is a bug. Who knows. Maybe I should have a beholder mount in my inventory. Jeez....

For those of us who have farmed it without getting anything from the beholder, will PW do anything for us?

I would like to know 1,000 runs without a drop. That is a lot of my time wasted in the game to get nothing. Seriously fix this.
  • Options

I would like to know 1,000 runs without a drop. That is a lot of my time wasted in the game to get nothing. Seriously fix this.

Wow, that is a lot of runs

I agree with the approx. 30% not getting a drop, though I didn't run nearly as many as you. Once I realized there was no chance for me I just ran to get the Owl Bear figurine and the companion.

• Options
    It does it to myself also fed up with it devs are staying quiet wonder why
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Yeah, happens to me too, no idea of the rate, probably less than 30%, but in the ballpark. Usually just me, but I've had a couple groups where two or three of us where circling the beholder for a few minutes, obviously all with the same problem. My paranoid side is convinced that one of those times I should have gotten the beholder!
  • Options
    brixunmortar#7292 brixunmortar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    after a couple of minutes u can just open the chest anyway
  • Options
    Seems to be related to the no group sidebar issue. Whenever it places me in the instance but in my own group I have a high chance of not getting to click on the tank. Also on a related note, not having the group sidebar show up in dungeons results in no rough AD after a successful run.