test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recommend Healer

brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Hey Guys Ive Been Thinking About Getting A Healer For A While Because I Take Some Damage, Can Anyone Recommend The One I Should Get Thanks In Advance :)
Brad

Comments

• pawkoom#5678 pawkoom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I use a devoted cleric for my healer. Has Very good buff and debuff skills along with large heal bombs. Their feat endgame skills are devastatingly effective in the healing department. Check it out.
  • maxsan#8194 maxsan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I heard that an OP Devotion Paladin has the best "Raw" heals for endgame (I have one right now) I never ran a DC before but when I run dungeons with them I always come in 1st for heals (the DC isn't really far behind in heals, just not were I'm at lol). I'm a hybrid DPs/Healedin aha 1-70 is a joke for leveling btw
    I've crawled through this dimensional portal as well. I'm here Just for you.
  • kostam#8045 kostam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have almost 3k item level DC. It was hell on earth to finish the elemetal campaign, as well as Dread ring, Sharandar, Icewind Dale till I leveled up to 2300+ gear level, and after 2500, everything is a breeze. With 3000 almsot, there is no enemy that can hurt me with exception 4 epic dungeons of course. I was so squishy because I built support healer, heal, heal and heal, and buff/debuff, so dealing dmg, or at least enough of it in Pve solo play was a pain, but in any group content, you will always be welcome. I know friends of mine are having trouble for example getting into the regular Demogorgon, so I whenever i can que with them, and we always get in - its simple - not many people want to be a non dmg dealing class, so there is always place 4 one everywhere. Got of the course a bit - your lack of dps if you build a DC, you can always compensate with a good companion. I solved my problem by getting my Shadow demon to purple, and putting 3 rank 10 Bonding runestones into him. He now deals crits every 10 seconds 100k and over + the regular lets say at will attacks. Regarding Paladin, that Maxsan mentioned - good Healadin can always outheal almost any DC, but then he cant tank as good as he could, but the most important thing about Healer are Buffs/debuffs. Your level 4 Hallowed ground is a game changer 4 your team, dmg and defense wize + empowered Astral shield over it, and you are making your team demolition team + buffs and heals with at wills and encouters that you can pop basicly all the time swithching between divinity and regular + when you get Symbol of the Devoted to Mythical - you and your team are set. You ll be able to pop artifact every second, basicly resulting in having your Daily all the time. If you want to build healer, my reccomendation is Drowned set, then Twisted when you progress enough, and Tiamat set for 5% in and out heals. Do not forget about mount insignia bonuses, they are significant, and you can get early ones from the horses bought for gold, and later on progress and make them better and stronger - https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-insignia/. Companion wise, I still dont have the resources to get all of them that i want, but i got so far - Shadow demon, my summond dps striker companion, Fire archon for active bonus (5% more dmg on enemies under 50% health), Siege master (3-4% increased dmg, 7-8% while in stronghold map), green slime (reduces controll effect - good for e Demo and Demo) and an Illusionist that i will eventually replace. Stats related - for healer, i always go with Power (more dmg and Heals 4 DC), recovery and Crit, then defense. Deflection and life steal are not important, if you are getting hurt a lot in dungeons and other high end content, you are not doing something right there. You shold almost always be out of harms way, buffing/debuffing and healing your team, not dealing a lot of damage yourself, but making your team a killing machine. if i missed something, i would be happy to reply.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Wait - are you playing a healer or are you looking for a companion to heal? - If it's a companion you are looking for, what are you playing?

If you are looking for a companion to heal you - start with the free cleric, if you didn't pick him/her at the beginning for the companion quest, you can go back and buy it for a few gold.

There is also a dread warrior that people seem to really like for his life steal (which he shares with you).
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• kostam#8045 kostam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Lol, when i read it again, i think that he asks for a healer companion. All that i wrote about healer is in vain, darn.
  • brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User

Lol, when i read it again, i think that he asks for a healer companion. All that i wrote about healer is in vain, darn.

Aha I Was On About getting A Comapnion
    Brad
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I think he ment companion, the base one that cost 2 gold works really good if you need a healer.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I have almost 3k item level DC. It was hell on earth to finish the elemetal campaign, as well as Dread ring, Sharandar, Icewind Dale till I leveled up to 2300+ gear level, and after 2500, everything is a breeze. With 3000 almsot, there is no enemy that can hurt me with exception 4 epic dungeons of course. I was so squishy because I built support healer, heal, heal and heal, and buff/debuff, so dealing dmg, or at least enough of it in Pve solo play was a pain, but in any group content, you will always be welcome. I know friends of mine are having trouble for example getting into the regular Demogorgon, so I whenever i can que with them, and we always get in - its simple - not many people want to be a non dmg dealing class, so there is always place 4 one everywhere. Got of the course a bit - your lack of dps if you build a DC, you can always compensate with a good companion. I solved my problem by getting my Shadow demon to purple, and putting 3 rank 10 Bonding runestones into him. He now deals crits every 10 seconds 100k and over + the regular lets say at will attacks. Regarding Paladin, that Maxsan mentioned - good Healadin can always outheal almost any DC, but then he cant tank as good as he could, but the most important thing about Healer are Buffs/debuffs. Your level 4 Hallowed ground is a game changer 4 your team, dmg and defense wize + empowered Astral shield over it, and you are making your team demolition team + buffs and heals with at wills and encouters that you can pop basicly all the time swithching between divinity and regular + when you get Symbol of the Devoted to Mythical - you and your team are set. You ll be able to pop artifact every second, basicly resulting in having your Daily all the time. If you want to build healer, my reccomendation is Drowned set, then Twisted when you progress enough, and Tiamat set for 5% in and out heals. Do not forget about mount insignia bonuses, they are significant, and you can get early ones from the horses bought for gold, and later on progress and make them better and stronger - https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-insignia/. Companion wise, I still dont have the resources to get all of them that i want, but i got so far - Shadow demon, my summond dps striker companion, Fire archon for active bonus (5% more dmg on enemies under 50% health), Siege master (3-4% increased dmg, 7-8% while in stronghold map), green slime (reduces controll effect - good for e Demo and Demo) and an Illusionist that i will eventually replace. Stats related - for healer, i always go with Power (more dmg and Heals 4 DC), recovery and Crit, then defense. Deflection and life steal are not important, if you are getting hurt a lot in dungeons and other high end content, you are not doing something right there. You shold almost always be out of harms way, buffing/debuffing and healing your team, not dealing a lot of damage yourself, but making your team a killing machine. if i missed something, i would be happy to reply.

As a DC I want companions that boost my three primary stats: Power, Recovery and Critical Strike. Boosting these improve your ability to heal and refreshes your encounters faster.

As for Damage wise as a DC I use Chain, DL, and DG.

As for the Paragon Path I went with AC over DO. AC is a buffing/debuffing but it buffs yourself. With BoB buffing me I get around 18K in power from my companion and self buff. Not bad IMO.

Also, if you are having issues damaging enemies, increase your Armor Pen to improve your resistance ignored up to 40%. I'm at 30% and I have no issues. Level 1-60 were not bad, level 60-70 were a bit of a challenge. I had all the gear I needed at 70 so when I hit 70 my IL jumped up to 2200 and things were pretty easy. Most important thing is your Feat Allocation and making sure you get the right gear.