test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STR = Damage Bonus

coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
What is the Damage Bonus you get from Strength on a GWF?

DEX gives "Critical Chance"
CON gives "Resistance Ignored"
STR gives "Damage Bonus" Where and how is this damage bonus applied ? is this actually "Power"?

Thank you in advance...

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    It's the exact "damage bonus" you get from power, not to be confused with "outgoing damage" bonus - two different things.
    1 point in STR equals 400 power (excluding all the other bonuses you get from STR).
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

@rinat114 can you explain what's the difference between "damage bonus" and "outgoing damage bonus" (which is on Stronghold weapons). And where/how does it apply?

Never bothered about testing that and was planning to get SH weapons some time in the future.

That's a comment I wrote a while back -

"Outgoing Damage =/= Damage Bonus from power. Easiest example to see the difference - outgoing damage will ignore any direct debuffs to bonus damage, hence why for example, Feytouched is a better debuff on mobs than persae a Terror.
    Outgoing Damage is vastly superior to Bonus Damage. That's why the SH weapons are BIS (if of course at least 4/5 people in the party are using the set.)

To clarify the point further - if I tell you I'm debuffing your Defense and then in another instance I'm debuffing your DR? Defense is a PORTION of your DR, it contributes to it directly but is NOT the only component. Hence, in that instance the DR debuff will be more powerful but around twice as much than the Defense debuff."

^ This of course ignores mobs as mobs don't have either defense, deflect or anything, they just have DR. The example was given as if I'm attacking another character rather and debuffing them.

In time I also realized there's a good chance that one of the two applies before the damage itself and the other applies after, I couldn't find a way to properly test it back then though.