test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1v1 PvP solo que - where's details???

dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
Anyone else see the event 1 v 1 solo que touted on ARC loader? I cannot get any news on it.. 9/8-9/15 Anyone?

I clicked on the link for it, and it was invalid.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10142243

C'MON! This means less co-ordination in Icewind PvP areas. Solo que! Get Glory for your guild/alliance coffers!

Where is the news on this? Please?
" I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon

Comments

• Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Okay nm, I had a problem with the Browser linking via the ARC Loader.

Nobody got hurt so feel free to point and laugh.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    The link works for me. It says in part:

The PvP Solo Queue will only run from 9/8-9/15 on PC! We decided to run the event for a week to collect data from matches that happen during this time so we can determine our next steps. Please help us spread the word to all PvP fanatics in helping us test this new feature. We can’t wait to see the new strategies that will take place.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Could you please transcribe the dates for me in normal format dd/mm plox ty.

How many months are there where you come from etelgrin? :P

Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    grimah said:

etelgrin said:

How many months are there where you come from etelgrin? :P

It's a month very big leap year, this is the first time it will happen, and will include 16 months this year. One of the additional months will be named Etelgrinuary and will come after February.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    etelgrin said:

Really? You can't do that in your head? Given that is the "normal" format in the US and Cryptic is a US-based company, you're asking for something abnormal, on top of it being quite the princess request....
    9/8-9/15 --> 8/9-15/9

Anyway - this is awesome. I'm glad to see them doing this. It won't help with the gear deficit, but I hope it will help out those of us really just looking to get a daily win and some AD out of a few matches. I would hope those of you who do typically run with a premade team continue to do so rather than change your habits during this period of time. It would be best if this test reflects typical behavior so that we can set proper expectations. Otherwise, if everyone who normally runs in a pvp premade stops doing so for this short period of time, it could seriously effect the results (depending on what they're looking for).

The downside I see here are for folks that typically run in partial premades. Probably will make queuing pretty difficult for them when there aren't individual folks to fill spots automatically.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Kudoos for the request. I've always found that asking something honorable from a PvP community is like wishing it would rain only when the crops need water and only on those crops. But it can't hurt to ask. Let's hope they listen :)

Oh, the pvp community isn't all bad. The problem is that premades don't always fight other premades - they end up rolling team after team of pugs, so when this happens and pugs are all solo-queuing premades (all, not just partial, now that I think about it) will end up mad that the queue is taking so long and just solo queue instead.

I hope this behavior can be tracked because it's important for everyone to understand if this is happening. The reason is - for Premades - those "elite" folks need to understand that while they moan and groan and hate on "noobs" and pugs, if most of their matches are actually against pugs (and the absence of said pugs means they don't actually get to play PvP), hopefully (beyond hope...) it will temper some of that hating... I wouldn't be on it, but maybe.

Then again - the opposite could prove true. Without pugs in the queue, the premade "elites" maybe very well find PvP massively more enjoyable because most matches will not be completely lopsided anymore, while solo queue matches will still be rife with solo-monster domination, but perhaps such things would be less of an issue with premade rolfstomps no longer in play - meaning pugs can get their AD matches and wins in, hopefully, faster.

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    micky1p00 said:

moan and groan and hate on "noobs" and pugs ... Then again - the opposite could prove true. Without pugs in the queue, the premade "elites" maybe very well find PvP massively more enjoyable

Some elites get that way because they enjoy the challenge of matching wits against other players, figuring out the intricate details of the combat system and systematically improving their toon to optimize their chances at a win.

Some elites get that way for ego gratification.

You'll see both reactions.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

..snip

Indeed. Anyway - cultural considerations aside, I think this is a positive step for PvP in the game. There's a lot more changes that need to be made, but at least there's some attention being paid to an aspect of the game that's been broken since the very beginning.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

moan and groan and hate on "noobs" and pugs ... Then again - the opposite could prove true. Without pugs in the queue, the premade "elites" maybe very well find PvP massively more enjoyable

Some elites get that way because they enjoy the challenge of matching wits against other players, figuring out the intricate details of the combat system and systematically improving their toon to optimize their chances at a win.

Some elites get that way for ego gratification.

Hehe, while I fully agree, it's not my quote.
    But I don't mind to claim it. No refunds, and no returns !
  • Options
    bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Because this is a short lived event. The PVP guilds will be trying to skew the numbers by using coordinated queing over Team Speak to enter solo que as a team. They have been already discussing it. This comes at a time when the PVP guilds have been out in force to obtain the new fancy gear.

I love the idea of solo que, but there should also be rainbow teams only.

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

Because this is a short lived event. The PVP guilds will be trying to skew the numbers by using coordinated queing over Team Speak to enter solo que as a team. They have been already discussing it. This comes at a time when the PVP guilds have been out in force to obtain the new fancy gear.

I love the idea of solo que, but there should also be rainbow teams only.

they cant. they will be spread into both teams. i hope
  • Options
    trying to sync queue with 10 people and get everyone into the same instance? Maybe... but what's the point of that? They can do it easier and faster with two teams instead. Trying to sync-queue with 5 in an attempt to get all 5 on the same team *may* work, but there's a much higher chance that those 5 will be spread across both teams or in another instance entirely.

Seems to me trying to screw up the test numbers is pointless and mostly just small-minded. Hopefully Cryptic is smart enough to filter out the matches that are clearly skewed when they do their analysis. (right @panderus?)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    kvet said:

Seems to me trying to **** up the test numbers is pointless and mostly just small-minded. Hopefully Cryptic is smart enough to filter out the matches that are clearly skewed when they do their analysis. (right @panderus?)

Not trying to dash hope here, but take a look at the poll here.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1219085/how-about-a-solo-queue-system-for-neverwinter-pvp/p1

Notice a trend with the people voting against it? And I'm not just talking about a full third of them in cages. But the repeated names, actually trying to skew the vote with alt accounts and sockpuppets. Do you honestly expect people who have clearly demonstrated that they CANT behave...to behave?
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Am I the only one who read this as a One verses One PvP, therefore solo que system. And not a solo ques for team play?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    PvP guilds are not beyond simply camp sitting when they see they've been set against their guildies. Far from it. You should actively expect it. Seen several of the top tier PvP guilds do this. And what's really hilarious is when the camp sitter tries to complain about his team and act like he's actually doing something.

So, yeah, they can totally exploit solo queues by synching up and just having the ones who get on the "wrong" team just do nothing.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Did they say anything about 1v1 PvP? I enjoy sparring but not Domination.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    null
    Solo questions does not mean 1vs1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!