test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best companion for a Control Wizard?

I've been using the healer as my companion for my Control Wizard primarily b/c I wear cloth. I'm level 70 and group and solo play. Is it worth the 250,000 astral diamonds to upgrade the healer from the 25 max or is a Control Wizard better off with a different companion? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I use a tank as a companion for my CW. I find he takes enough damage for me that I don't need a healer. The healers never healed me enough and they went down too easily.
  • rust1npiecesrust1npieces Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the faithful initiate. Seems to be a better healer than apprentice healer. I was using the mercenary but Faithful initiate helps more.
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Run the war dog from the first time pack on mine.
    Does a good job actually.
  • aurelia#4512 aurelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hi mdman,

I would work towards getting the following which also works great in end game.
    1. Big DPS boost: Con man is great for procing companions gift, the insignia bonus Protector's Camaraderie, and the like if you load him up with bonding rune stones. Buy the 3 highest levels you can afford and stack him with with the best offense slot rings you can get and get some level 7+ radiants and put them on him. For example I run 10/11/12 to get maximum proc chance.

When PC procs you can get up to 265% of your pet's stats which will massively raise your dps which is awesome for soloing. He will also proc this when he auto rezes once you get him to gold. And even better is this guy is dirt cheap from the newbie companion vendor.

Important: When you get really big shards or a ring of brutality or sudden precision your first of those kinds of rings (or in general your best rings) should go on your Con-Man because the benefit gets amplified 2-3x.

2. Personal Tank: Young Yeti which is a bit hard to farm or Galeb Duhr which costs zen but you can use a coupon to make that suck less. The Yeti has a nice blue effect that will give you an average 10% dps boost.

Level up one of these and put some decent gear on them. At gold this guy can off tank a scorpion in Lostmauth.
    3. Eyrines of Belial 15% critical severity at gold says it all
    4. Intellect Devourer and Blink Dog These two combo to give you really nice combat advantage bonus
    The later 3 are more personal choice like flame archon is also really nice and so is the siege master.

–Narria [LGPG]
    Post edited by aurelia#4512 on