test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are dragon hoard enchants buggy?

I had 4 on and th drop seemed normal enough...throw on #5 and a few hundred mobs and 2 campaign zones later nothing at all... guess it could be a terrible streak of luck but it is startin to feel broken at this point...

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    All of the utility enchants have soft caps on the number of drops in a certain amount of time. This drop cap resets after some time too (I only play once a day, and it's always reset by then).

I'm not informed about the exact reset time and cap numbers, but Dragon's Hoard, Fey Blessing, Quartermasters, etc. all stop dropping after a certain amount of drops. Which means for many situations, slotting more/higher utility enchants simply serves to reach that cap faster (which might make sense if you have a lot of characters you want to cap each day, but not if you are going to be playing a long time on one character).

On a somewhat tangential note, Quartermaster (QM) enchants are a little special because the % chance helps you get drops, but also determines the quality of items inside the Spoils of War when you open it. However, the quality of the drops inside is evaluated when you open the Spoils not when it drops, so it's most effective to collect Spoils with fewer QM slotted and slot up a high % when you're ready to open bags. With some inventory gymnastics, you can spread your QMs around many characters and then consolidate when opening bags on one of them.
  • demonicdraco#5598 demonicdraco Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I don't even know what qm is.. does ps4 (mod 9) have it? i only have lesser hoards atm... should I maybe get a few fey blessings and replace say 2 of em?
  • shyuuga#2380 shyuuga Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    You could just sell them. They are making bank on the AH atm. Just sold a few for 50k+ per.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I don't even know what qm is.. does ps4 (mod 9) have it? i only have lesser hoards atm... should I maybe get a few fey blessings and replace say 2 of em?

Quartermaster Enchants will come later for you on PS4, they are tied to the Siege of Neverwinter event that will come up at some point. Sorry for the (currently irrelevant) info, hope it didn't confuse.

As far as how to distribute, it really depends on your play style and preferences. You could slot a mix, or even change them out once they cap (although switching enchants costs gold, it's also pretty much the only thing you'll ever spend gold on).

At this point, I usually slot just one type of enchant per character, because my routine involves shorter bursts on more characters and I don't want to bother with swapping them. For you, it might make more sense to splash or swap.

Another tangential note: Wanderer's fortune insignia bonus works similar to the utility enchants (with a cap etc.). It's separate though, so you can slot it and the utility enchants at the same time. The wording (4% drop chance) sounds kind of meh, but in reality this is a really great source of RP. Also, if you have enough mounts, it's pretty easy (and free) to swap out an insignia bonus for one in the stable once you cap out.
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Ah agreed on wanderers fortune.
    Though it seems it might be hugged slightly.

It'll proc, at least the words will pop up, and I won't get anything.
    Not all the time. But fairly often.

Or is this just the intestinal cd reseting and it noting it?
  • vahrin#4407 vahrin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    U think its dumb you only get the stones when you land a killing blow in a party. As a healer i almost never get stones from the enchatments.