test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When Neverwinter is down should we be compensated?

You get home. Get settled in. Grab your favorite beverage, some snack food. You're ready to relax and get some Neverwinter playtime in. You try to log in but nope. No shards. Offline. You raise your fists to the heavens and exclaim, "Curse the Neverwinter Devs. Damn you!" Wouldn't it seem fair to give a little something back to loyal players who support and love this game? A boost in any kind of rewards, xp or currency? Something.

Comments

• indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Free to play... Compensated..
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I could see if the game is down for over 24 hours - then them compensating all VIP's with a double pack on the next day (since they paid for it) or extending their VIP for an additional day or two. But no need to compensate people for something free.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    No.
    Things happen.
    I doubt they'll ever take it down just to shift us.
    If it's down, it's for a reason.

So, no.
  • xxxorcistxxxorcist Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Good points. We are getting our money's worth from free to play. Although....I'd be content with an increased drop rate from CTA's. Hehe
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I could see if the game is down for over 24 hours - then them compensating all VIP's with a double pack on the next day (since they paid for it) or extending their VIP for an additional day or two. But no need to compensate people for something free.

Pretty much this.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah if it was a subscription game you'd have a case but it's not. Go do something else!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    As long as they credit you your lock box & dungeon key credit an additional day if they are ever down for an entire day if you're vip, I'm cool with it as is.

Don't think they have ever been down an entire day though
  • mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    People do pay a subscription service for that benefit & while I realize you have to claim it & it doesn't stack.....if it was ever down an entire day that would be no fault of ours...they'd owe us a few cents, lol.

A dime at least!
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    They'd probably just mail us a coalesent ward with an apology....
  • derio#3255 derio Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Read the TOS that you agreed to. They don't have to compensate you anything
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    xxxorcist said:

You get home. Get settled in. Grab your favorite beverage, some snack food. You're ready to relax and get some Neverwinter playtime in. You try to log in but nope. No shards. Offline. You raise your fists to the heavens and exclaim, "Curse the Neverwinter Devs. Damn you!" Wouldn't it seem fair to give a little something back to loyal players who support and love this game? A boost in any kind of rewards, xp or currency? Something.

LMAO....NO....and let me state it again if you missed it the first time, NO!

The game is 100% F2P and therefore no compensation of any kind should be award. Stop being foolish and thinking you should get something when something is 100% free.

Even as a VIP I think I should get no special type of treatment. If I log on 8 days a month I paid for my VIP by receiving 8 keys.

People need to stop thinking they should get stuff for free when things don't go their way. Now if you worked your butt off for a company for a pay day and they give you nothing, than yeah you have a right to complain. Or if you are paying for an agreed upon service such as with your ISP than yes, you have a right to complain.

When the ToS clearly allows a company a way out, you have no ground to stand on when trying to get something for free.

• drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Although I'm not going to expect anything or ask for free stuff in a free to play game. Sometimes offering up little bonuses and apologies for extended/frequent down times can go a long way showing goodwill for the community.

This table top event seems like a bonus to me and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.
    Post edited by drbubbles#2158 on

Although I'm not going to expect anything or ask for free stuff in a free to play game. Sometimes offering up little bonuses and apologies for extended/frequent down times can go a long way showing goodwill for the community.

This table top event seems like a bonus to me and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

You don't know down time. The down time here is nothing compared to what DCUO customer has suffered over the years.

June and July 2014 I was without access to the game and paid for a 3 month membership early June prior to the game going down. Game went down for many players because DBG did not update their info and it took a while to fix. In July there were server issues impacting various players but not all players. By the time I got back on the game I lost roughly 7 weeks of playing time during those months. You know what they gave me, 25 replay badges for my loss. LMAO, I lost basically $30 from subbing and I got an item worth $2.5. I than proceed to follow up with a ticket and you know what, still waiting.

Also, DCUO refereshes the server daily, that is 7 hours down every week vs. NW average of 2. Along with that DCUO was doing monthly updates, which typically made the server down the day the update went live and possibly the next day.

PW maybe not perfect, but so far down time has been minimal and customer service has been 100% better than what I got from DBG.

• drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I played DCUO and stopped. It wasn't nearly as fun as this game for me. That really sucks and I hope this game never has outages that long.

I played DCUO and stopped. It wasn't nearly as fun as this game for me. That really sucks and I hope this game never has outages that long.

Realize this, not all players were impacted just certain areas on the east coast, which is where 90% of my leagues was from. So a majority of my league was offline at that time. :(

I logged in yesterday and ran some stuff in DCUO and 20 minutes later the game was off, ran all I needed for the week in that game. 20 minutes and that was two of the newest raid people. 10 minutes in each of the newest raids. I'm like cake walk. Also, very boring.