test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holy ZAX batman

I predicted high 180s as a peak like last 2x ad.
And it started to recede the following Thursday.

Today, Wednesday, t's at 196 and appears to be rising.
Gonna break 200 tonight if I had to guess.

Any thoughts on why such an aggressive swing compared to last time and when it might retreat?

Two weeks ago it was low 140s.
I mean, wow, what a change.

Can't fathom why people are so willing to pay such high prices.
If they don't buy then zen sellers are forced to lower prices and visa versa.
That said, I suppose zen sellers set the market being that zen will always be in more demand.

Personally, this means my AD are worth a quarter less than what they were barely two weeks ago. Ouch.

Comments

• drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    This morning it was over 200 for me. I have been waiting for it to fall back down as well.
  • bagofcrazy01#1129 bagofcrazy01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm betting that it has to do with the fact that there was a mass ban that went out last week that I'm thinking hit the AD farmers pretty hard.Possibly that had something to do with it? It was nice to not have MMO tank spam for a couple days though!
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    When ever there is a higher demand for AD, it goes one way. When the demand for Zen is higher, it swings the other.

Double AD devalued AD causing an increase, it did not drop because double RP creates a demand for AD to buy items for refinement. There are some Zen items for refinement, but more AH AD related causing the increase. As the AH gets depleted, Zen RP with seem a better bargain causing the exchange to reverse. This may not happen this time due to the high surplus in the AH, but should for future RP weekends.
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

When ever there is a higher demand for AD, it goes one way. When the demand for Zen is higher, it swings the other.

Double AD devalued AD causing an increase, it did not drop because double RP creates a demand for AD to buy items for refinement. There are some Zen items for refinement, but more AH AD related causing the increase. As the AH gets depleted, Zen RP with seem a better bargain causing the exchange to reverse. This may not happen this time due to the high surplus in the AH, but should for future RP weekends.

That makes perfect sense

Should have seen that coming. Thanks.
  • daimon15#2536 daimon15 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I Buy Zen for 128 Ad each, i take note, not long time ago.
    But i was seaching, and pc is like 380~400+ Ad each Zen.
    I bet this is becouse the 2X AD Event on consoles. I did 1.000.000 AD, at least, in these 5 days of event.
    I Dont spend any AD, in this rates, so i belive many still have the AD, to when the price realy come down.
    We have to many people buying low, seling high, so they force price up, sell, then force price down, to buy again.
    Is just wait... but at some point, maybe we have like PC, at 400AD/Zen.
    Just before the 2X event, was 158, then some hours before start, comes to 180, and now close to 200, after.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    lol PC is 490-500. Even with 2x tomorrow it's 498. I really doubt that PS4 will ever have the same problem because it won't have all the exploits and bots that PC does/did.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dalrosstheuncleadalrosstheunclea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The other thing you have to take into consideration is that three weeks ago there was a (non advertised 15% PSN) sale on zen. People were buying it like crazy so it drove the price down for the following weeks. However after the double AD weekend the number of people with excess zen is low so the price is high.
  • daimon15#2536 daimon15 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    urabask said:

lol PC is 490-500. Even with 2x tomorrow it's 498. I really doubt that PS4 will ever have the same problem because it won't have all the exploits and bots that PC does/did.
    Then maybe i found some old information.
    I belive 500 is the max limit, right? I only know, "50" is the minimal, i test in the PS4.

I really dont belive, all that Zen, we buy with AD, its only from other players. At least 50% must be from the Arcgames, or more. Becouse, from cash, is to spansive buy to change for AD, dont make much sense to me.
    Even if was 1/500, still dont make sense to me, buy Zen then change for AD.
    I am new in game, but the best things, we get using Zen, until i see now.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    some definitely is bolstered by arc. the first couple weeks this game was out there were money walls in place in the market. but I don't think they tamper that much with it as a general rule.

things that drive up price traditionally. key sales, new lockboxes, 2xrp 2xad

I Buy Zen for 128 Ad each, i take note, not long time ago.
    I bet this is becouse the 2X AD Event on consoles. I did 1.000.000 AD, at least, in these 5 days of event.
    I Dont spend any AD, in this rates, so i belive many still have the AD, to when the price realy come down.
    We have to many people buying low, seling high, so they force price up, sell, then force price down, to buy again.
    Is just wait... but at some point, maybe we have like PC, at 400AD/Zen.
    Just before the 2X event, was 158, then some hours before start, comes to 180, and now close to 200, after.

There's a far cry difference between ps4 and pc, or even Xbox.
    Both had exploits or ways to earn massive amounts of ad, like leadership.

Ps4 hasn't had those, so really, there is no reason for our market to ever get that crazy.
    Unless, tin foil hat time, there a large enough group or entity, working the market to drive the ad up over time. To you know, get people more likely to buy zen, making it self feeding at some point.

I don't see our current Zax staying.
    Will it drop back down to the 140s before the next 2x ad?
    I doubt it.

But perhaps, that's the reason why with in the first two months of launch, there will be three 2x ad weeks.

Ad won't have a chance to fully recover.
    But we'll see
  • You guys are all wrong... There is a bug preventing new players exchanging ZEN to Astral Diamonds that`s why there are so litte Zen on ZAX now so it reqires more AD to buy zen. My buddy just started 2 days ago and got this when try to trade zen for Ad

The exact error message is "unlock use of the currency exchange by completing three of the following quest chains. Return of the Crown, Tower District, The Plague Tower, Blackdagger Ruin, and Neverdeath. I already did 4 of them but I still coudlnt trade :( anyone know how to solve this problem?

He did as requested and complete 4 out of 5 tasks but still couldn't trade zen for AD. One of my other frd start after this recent patch also have this problem. It`s stupid bug because new players are more likely to make zen purchase to get ahead. They wrote support but still haven't heard anything. It`s like a scam because perfect world didn't say anything when they made the purchase -__-- Now I am getting blamed by them.

You guys are all wrong... There is a bug preventing new players exchanging ZEN to Astral Diamonds that`s why there are so litte Zen on ZAX now so it reqires more AD to buy zen. My buddy just started 2 days ago and got this when try to trade zen for Ad

The exact error message is "unlock use of the currency exchange by completing three of the following quest chains. Return of the Crown, Tower District, The Plague Tower, Blackdagger Ruin, and Neverdeath. I already did 4 of them but I still coudlnt trade :( anyone know how to solve this problem?

He did as requested and complete 4 out of 5 tasks but still couldn't trade zen for AD. One of my other frd start after this recent patch also have this problem. It`s stupid bug because new players are more likely to make zen purchase to get ahead. They wrote support but still haven't heard anything. It`s like a scam because perfect world didn't say anything when they made the purchase -__-- Now I am getting blamed by them.

If that's legit, and not doubting it, it's NOT a bug.

It's a anti third party AD seller effect.

They are doing this to slow down and or stop third party sites.
    I'd say that's a good amount of time to complete them.
    Now, it not letting you after you meet the criteria might be a bug.
    Or could be an additional time delay.

Typically the first purchase new players make is VIP, not AD.
    So, yeah, they actually figured out a slick way to slow third party sites down

But, in typical fashion, it greatly effects legitimate players.

Oh, and we're not wrong.
    What you say, if wide spread, is likely intensifying the issue, but it's not the source.
    Not by far.
    There are not that many new players buying that much zen trying to exchange to have that great of an effect.
    It's because everyone is flush up on diamonds after this past week.
    I made roughly 150k a day with my mains, add in rough diamond bags and some 600 waukeen purses I saved, and I ended up with over a mil in AD.
    And that wasn't super abnormal play.
    3.mains, each run 2x daily trio, plus some extra pvp and cta runs.

That's why.
    And the 2x refine starting tomorrow probably is making a big difference as people are probably after wards and bloods.
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    When I saw zen for 135 AD when there was a discount on zen, guess what I did? When I saw that double AD was coming and then x2 refinement, guess what I did next?
    Ill give you a hint: I did the same thing with pounds on Brexit..
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    also there is a sale going on zen. 15 percent for the next 5 days that will do it.

also there is a sale going on zen. 15 percent for the next 5 days that will do it.

Not on my ps4....
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Prices are like the stock market, they go up and down based on other factors such as double AD, Zen sale, double RP, etc...

I'm still refining AD as I still have over 100K rough. I imagine I'm not the only one with still plenty of rough diamonds to refine. Players like myself with a high value of rough can impact the market.

At one point prior to the new companion pack I had over 5K in zen. I was going to flip that for AD and than buy more zen when the prices came down. Instead I bought the new companion and now whatever I have for zen I used to convert to AD for refinement items for this weekend before those item pricing went up.

I'm sitting on about 100K AD and about 100K rough AD. If I would not have sold my 5K zen I would be sitting on over 1M in AD.

Oh well, I like my new companion.

As for those that question AD vs. Zen.

I spent 2.5K zen to acquire my new companion. If I used that to buy AD I would have 500K AD now, roughly. The new companion pack last time I checked was selling for around 450K AD. Using Zen to buy AD sometimes pays off vs. using zen to buy an item you want from the MP. It all depends on the market and the pricing of goods and the exchange rate of Zen to AD or AD to Zen.

Best of luck to everyone playing the market. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I had around 3800 right before this.
    To control my AH spending, I convert all my AD to zen at the end of the dsy
    Well, I did, when it was below 160.

I ended up buying the new mount and a coal ward to make a soulforged for my 70 main.
    Used coupons I found in celestial bags with both.
    When I did that, it was at 180.
    Lsst night when I went to bed, it was around 250.
    So yeah, I would have made a good deal of ad had I waited.

By that soulforged has already saved my bacon a couple times.

And the new mount is awesome.
    My GWF Battlerager Dwarf rides it and it looks the part.

And my main, along with my two primary alts, run the Insignia bonus from it.
    I've gotten stacks of refinement stuff for myself so far.
    So no regrets here either.
    Though, I am really surprised how high people are willing get to pay for zen.

Side note, wanderers fortune is more then worth the effort to get the bonus.
    Highly recommended.
    Though, sometimes when it pops up that it procd, I don't get anything.
    Not sure what's going on there. But in one quick cloak run, I managed to get a good half dozen stones, 20 ish pearls, half dozen peridot, and an aquamarine. Not too shabby.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Yeah, I had around 3800 right before this.
    To control my AH spending, I convert all my AD to zen at the end of the dsy
    Well, I did, when it was below 160.

I ended up buying the new mount and a coal ward to make a soulforged for my 70 main.
    Used coupons I found in celestial bags with both.
    When I did that, it was at 180.
    Lsst night when I went to bed, it was around 250.
    So yeah, I would have made a good deal of ad had I waited.

By that soulforged has already saved my bacon a couple times.

And the new mount is awesome.
    My GWF Battlerager Dwarf rides it and it looks the part.

And my main, along with my two primary alts, run the Insignia bonus from it.
    I've gotten stacks of refinement stuff for myself so far.
    So no regrets here either.
    Though, I am really surprised how high people are willing get to pay for zen.

Side note, wanderers fortune is more then worth the effort to get the bonus.
    Highly recommended.
    Though, sometimes when it pops up that it procd, I don't get anything.
    Not sure what's going on there. But in one quick cloak run, I managed to get a good half dozen stones, 20 ish pearls, half dozen peridot, and an aquamarine. Not too shabby.

Did you buy the mount in the AH or Zen store? Mounts bought in the zen store can used on all characters.

edited September 2016
    Zen.
    Talking about the Lord's armored polar bear.
    And yup, knew that.

But visually, each of my toons rides a different mount.
  • This has already gotten out of hand on ps4. Over 250 when I last checked and I will never buy it at that price. I'll just play what I can and wait for the next MMO.