test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fresh 70 advice needed.

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
edited August 2016 in The Guard Barracks
So I got my GF to 70 this weekend. I spec'd him into TACT, even though I plan on going for CONQ in MOD 10.
I skipped stacking defense and started gearing straight to offense so that I don't have to switch gear later. Stacking crit, arm pen, and power. I can tank just fine right now with Shield Talent and Steel Defense.

So my question is should I stick to Tact in now and switch in MOD 10 or just go straight to Conqueror now? How much harder will it to be to tank CN and eLol if I switch to Conqueror? Im 2700il now.

Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• Options
    Do I need to learn a special hand shake key phrase? lol
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    sorry, I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you :)

Fresh lvl 70 and 2700il ???

Anyway I haven't played Conq for like 8 mods, so I'm not 100% sure about the pro's and cons of that path, I've been Tact now for a long time. But to me the only tankiness that Tact adds would be increased AP gain when you are getting hit, and therefore being able to proc fighters recovery more often (against Orcus I can keep FR going constantly if I wanted to). So I'd say if your not needing FR a lot (and the SD that goes with the daily), then I don't think you'll find tanking with conq any harder.

not sure if that helps, but at least someone has answered :)

• Options
    Yea I need to stop relying on Steel Defense, I won't be able to spam it if I spec into Conq
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    pr3stigex said:

So I got my GF to 70 this weekend. I spec'd him into TACT, even though I plan on going for CONQ in MOD 10.
    I skipped stacking defense and started gearing straight to offense so that I don't have to switch gear later. Stacking crit, arm pen, and power. I can tank just fine right now with Shield Talent and Steel Defense.

So my question is should I stick to Tact in now and switch in MOD 10 or just go straight to Conqueror now? How much harder will it to be to tank CN and eLol if I switch to Conqueror? Im 2700il now.

I was tanking CN as a conqueror 2,7k IL in mod 9 just fine. Old steel defense really made it easy even as a conqueror, I had 2 elemental lionsmane executioner and 2 dusk pieces and items were generally offense oriented.
    Post edited by cilginordek on
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

Of course you can still talk it as conqueror. Guard accounts for so much damage mitigation. The idea here of course is if you can keep your party alive. Often, conqueror's don't slot KV because your DPS potential is wasted if you sacrifice your encounter slot for defensive purposes. Tacts on the other hand still do alot of good for their party. You get an additional 5% Damage boost for your ITF and your capstone recharges AP really well. That's a lot of dps boos for everyone (of course, nothing compared to the old mod).
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I just tanked CN with my 2.8 SM Conq 20 minutes ago. I did swap in Shield Talent to keep my stamina up.