test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power point chance increased?

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Maybe I just missed this in a patch notes somewhere, but it seems to me the power point chance has increased vastly. I have 20 toons - they're all more or less on the same level XP-wise (except one newer one) since all but only a few do anything other than pray and run professions. This means most of them end up with the XP box more or less within days of each other.

All them (well, except one that isn't lvl 70 yet) have hit that threshold over the last two weeks, and ALL OF THEM - 19 in a row... all of them... have gotten a power point. I suppose that could just be a run of incredibly good luck, if so, that's great (though only a very few have use of power points and of those that would, all of them already have rank 4 in all the powers they actually use... but that's an aside).

I'm all in favor of it if the chances were increased - I feel strongly that the XP box should ALWAYS drop a power point if the toon isn't already at max in addition to whatever other reward, so if this was a ninja update, thank you Cryptic! If this was just extraordinary good luck on the RNG... bah!!! I'd rather that luck find me when I'm opening lockboxes rather than XP awards.......

EDIT: My main got another power point in the XP box just now. That makes 20 in a row.

EDIT #2: My other main (call it... my mini-main) also got an XP box today, just a minute ago. Another power point... 21 in a row now.
Post edited by kvet on

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Why would they increase the chance to get when they recently set up the option to buy them in Sharandar?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    lollllll 20 times in a row , your luck is now exhausted for next 3 lives man
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Why would they increase the chance to get when they recently set up the option to buy them in Sharandar?

No idea - that's why I'm asking the question.
    vinceent1 said:

lollllll 20 times in a row , your luck is now exhausted for next 3 lives man

Sure hope you're not right :)
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    i have leveled 2 times and i got power points on both
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    pfft...that would have to be a very recent (and unbelievable) development. Only days ago a toon got a heap of companion xp books as a "reward". Given the game designers recent ideas about "fun" I consider myself lucky that those power points I farm in sharandar don´t come with an expiration date...as in: if you want your power points to stay fully charged with the feywild energy of murdered powries you have to keep at it - going beserk on the poor critters... :D
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I thought it seemed like it was more often now but it probably is just normal RNG. I have a had a couple failures in the last week. I doubt they changed it.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    As my latest edit says... I'm now at 21 in a row. (I actually play two toons, so they get XP boxes more frequently - it will be several weeks before my farmers get another box)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i didnt get one
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    wait you said they just hit 70 recently so this would be the first time they had a chance...I don't recall the first time after reaching 70 ever not giving me a power point.
  • Options
    I didn't hit 70 recently. I have 19 lvl 70 toons, all have been 70 for months. One toon isn't quite 70 yet. This isn't the first XP box for any of them.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I got 3 power points out of four experience rewards recently which is unusual.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    That's only tons of luck, i've got more toons than you ,many loyal invokers , but power point rating for me it's still the same, almost none...
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Nope, no PP for me, just XP and companion boosters and the odd 30k RAD.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I was graced with 4, rank 5 enchants......YES!
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    morenthar said:

My main has an absurd amount of power points. Might be up to 95 now.

I went through a very long stretch of not getting any, to the point where I was getting really frustrated. Then I went on a stretch of getting 20 points in around 30 level-ups. I don't have anywhere near enough useful powers for me to use all of those points.

Sure wish I did. I'd be able to super-swap load-outs.

Only 95 PP on your main? Dayum, I thought I was unlucky with my main and he has 101 without the Sharandar aid.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I had 3 xp rewards yesterday and 1/3 was a power point. Buy some keys :)
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    the last 3 times i got no power point... :/ :-))
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    pass on some of that luck of yours to me...got only 1 power point by from 4 toons by levelling up twice....
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    No power points here. But I did get two back to back 30k rAD awards. Only annoying part was it was on a character ive been trying to build up a stockpile of bonus AD on.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    My last 3 rewards have been:
    1. Experience tomes
    2. Power point
    3. 30,000 RAD

Having Sharandar to farm for points, though is a really nice change, and greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Last 4 rewards here were:
    - 30k RAD
    - experience tomes
    - flawless sapphire (wow, gee thanks)
    - companion xp tome

0/4 power points.
  • Options
    spike#5569 spike Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Well bully for you :P My last few have been 1 sapphire or a handfull of r5s....sheesh. Seriosly though, thats a nice stretch of luck!
  • Options
    Ugh. Why am I lucky on something I have no use for, but have zero luck on anything else? double ugh.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Yeah the refinement item drops are just ughhh. The quantities are way too low, and the enchants are laughable, R5's drop at silly rates these days from everywhere.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I got a black opal this week. Bad luck?