test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please no more 2x RP events, just double the amount of RP permanently instead

zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Well, pretty much everything in the title already, my reasoning for this is, that people which know about 2x RP events only refine when they're active anyway. So instead of saving up for 2x RP, with that change you could refine when you get RP which probably would be appreciated by a big part of the player base.

Comments

• Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Events are fun! Anticipation makes the reward feel awesome. It also gives people a reason to grind the Dread Ring and Sharandar.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Events are only "fun" when they are unexpected and unique. Double refinement weekend announced months ahead of time doesn't make me giddy. I agree with the OP, this is just feeding the mouse some cheese. "They" should make a few changes, but it won't happen. The boys in charge don't read the forum. I have made my suggestions known by mail. They are too numerous to list here, but I sent letters to both D'Angelo and Overmeyer over a year ago and they went unanswered. I guess they are too broke to buy a postage stamp.

I assume Overmeyer is no longer with Cryptic? As both his name and photo no longer appear as being in charge of Neverwinter on the company team information.

"They" may not care for our suggestions @zurimor , but I always keep both my mind and ears open. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    In mod 2 there were 3 artifacts and in total you needed about 12 millions RP, and it was already hard. Now you need 60 millions ...

x5.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    2x RP events are a thing because they increase impulse spending. They're not going away.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kingramzekingramze Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    2X RP exists for many reasons. It's not going away. Be grateful they made weapons always 2xRP to refine into other weapons.

Like any event, it rewards those who plan ahead. It also happens to reward those who have extra storage which might have been purchased with Zen... and that helps the company make actual $$$.

Asking for always 2xRP is silly... like asking for always 2xXP or anything else from the events. Play how you want, but I'll be hoarding my RP for the event, and likewise, my alts will wait until 2xXP before I bother to level them much either.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    2xRP doesn't bother me when I plan for it. 2xXP always bothers me when I have a leveling character because it is too easy to miss content and pre-70 is a good game itself. It helps to learn how the character plays and how things interact with them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    the waiting for double rp events isnt the issue.
    inventory hell is the issue.
    i actually think that the argument about selling bags and bankspace is exactly the reason, why permanent double rp will never happen.
    think the 8745687465827367536 different types of refining mats are the main reason to get more inventory slots
  • Options
    imp#2982 imp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @zurimor said:
    > Well, pretty much everything in the title already, my reasoning for this is, that people which know about 2x RP events only refine when they're active anyway. So instead of saving up for 2x RP, with that change you could refine when you get RP which probably would be appreciated by a big part of the player base.

Probably not that cool. They do the double AD event and then the double RP event to drive up the price of zen (on the astral diamond exchange). This also drives up the price of items. I mean, depending on whether you spend hundreds of dollars on this game to pay to win that's either a great thing or not....
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Really? And when was the last 2xAD event? And I don't know why people say "pay to win". Pay to win what, exactly?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    If you have enough inventory/ bad space, then it's ok as It is. I can upgrade my alts playing the main toon.
    If you don't have enough space, invest on It.That's the main reason why It won't change.
    Buy zen, farm AD, farm Tiamat to find a bag. Inventory space is the only thing that deserve an effort. At the beginnig you use It for yourself, at the end to sell RP and pay back the investiment and more.

They already made the artifact weapons permanently 2x RP: don't expect more imo.

Knowing the date of the event makes me organize: not bad

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF