test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF damage after the patch

just wondering if anyone noticed DPS loss after the patch. before the patch i was questing in fiery pit and things were going OK, the pace was decent enough considering damage isn't our specialty. after the patch it was shockingly horrible, like long and painful horrible. my item level didn't change, it was 1400 before and after. so im just wondering why, what changed? a friend of mine who plays a CW was also struggling with some DPS loss. any thoughts and/or input on this one people?

Comments

• superxmario128#6678 superxmario128 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Considering i play a cleric healer who has awful DPS i couldn't say. My DPS seems to be the same as in it takes me 2x longer to do solo dungeons compared to how fast all the other classes can melt mobs. I didn't notice any other classes struggling during group runs
  • derio#3255 derio Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Depends if you are dpsing? Tank side received a damage buff assuming you are using a good loadout. However ps4 hasn't received class changes yet so you might be in the wrong forum
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Are you sure it's not because you went into a harder area? Go back to the easier areas and see if they are as you remember them.

If you want to have effective damage then you need more armor penetration.

Edit: and as someone else said, the GF changes haven't arrived yet so it's not that.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Considering i play a cleric healer who has awful DPS i couldn't say. My DPS seems to be the same as in it takes me 2x longer to do solo dungeons compared to how fast all the other classes can melt mobs. I didn't notice any other classes struggling during group runs

Why do I continue to see so many DC focus on healing. Not sure your level but from level 1-60 build your character as a DPS. Dungeons from level 1-60 are a joke. From 60-70 you slowly start to fine tune your build.

I can heal and DPS just fine. Ran some content with a guild mate that typically out DPS other players by 5-10 million. He beat me by 500K, mind you I was the healer and had over 3 million in heals and was 2nd on the DPS board behind him.

DC are not horrible if you find a build to do both DPS and healing. I also do buffing and debuffing as well.

DC are not OP imo but very well balanced due to how you can play it.

I'm IL 2500+ and I have 40 AC, around 100K HP, and I heal, buff, debuff, and DPS with 1 type of loadout. Minor adjustment cost me around 25% of my damage, but my healing more than doubles. One more healing tweak and my damage drops by 50% and I increase my healing by 25% again, which I try not to do as my damaging ability is also a crowd control ability and 3 second stun helps many groups out.
  • lullafrylullafry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have noticed some mobs randomly getting stronger in fiery pit it could be that
  • firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User

Why do I continue to see so many DC focus on healing. Not sure your level but from level 1-60 build your character as a DPS. Dungeons from level 1-60 are a joke. From 60-70 you slowly start to fine tune your build.

I can heal and DPS just fine. Ran some content with a guild mate that typically out DPS other players by 5-10 million. He beat me by 500K, mind you I was the healer and had over 3 million in heals and was 2nd on the DPS board behind him.

DC are not horrible if you find a build to do both DPS and healing. I also do buffing and debuffing as well.

DC are not OP imo but very well balanced due to how you can play it.

I'm IL 2500+ and I have 40 AC, around 100K HP, and I heal, buff, debuff, and DPS with 1 type of loadout. Minor adjustment cost me around 25% of my damage, but my healing more than doubles. One more healing tweak and my damage drops by 50% and I increase my healing by 25% again, which I try not to do as my damaging ability is also a crowd control ability and 3 second stun helps many groups out.
    erm some people like playing pure healers....

(i'll never understand this healer/dps stuff...)

• evan1921evan1921 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    I am guessing you don't understand this game bc there isn't being pure healer game play on neverwinter.

This game has a different system on like other mmo where healer play style is wack the mole.

Is about dealing damage while healing players. Healers on this game are support/dps
  • firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    evan1921 said:

null

I am guessing you don't understand this game bc there isn't being pure healer game play on neverwinter.

This game has a different system on like other mmo where healer play style is wack the mole.

Is about dealing damage while healing players. Healers on this game are support/dps

actually most mmo do the healer dps thing :) but there is a nich who like to purely heal.

And im still new to the game, but i can see people building pure healers (to a degree)

And I apologise for not stating a complete thought, I meant the pure healervs dps healer debate you see.

I hate pure healing actually its very dull and boring. My erm wasn't suppose to be rude either my apologise to that, It was a quiziting questions like er..... i don't know with a puzzling shrug.

like erm some people like pure healing? I have bad typing skills, and come out wrong because of it. Honestly i found dc honestly plays like sorcery in dcuo a tad minus the pet aspect.

My alt is a dc and i really enjoy the hea;/damage system. My only grip is the heal/aoe knock back is annoying.
  • rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    And here I thought I was going crazy!!!! They definitely changed something with the patch. I am a TR and I noticed a HUGE decrease in my dps, specially in the icewind dale area. For instance, before the patch my smoke bomb crits were around 7k+ to yetis and now they barely crit for 5k. I havent changed anything in my gear nor skills so yeah this is really weird. I'm pretty surr more people were affected but perhaps they dont pay attention to the numbers as I do. It would be nice if a dev/mod or whatever could take a look into this issue.
  • I realise there is no mention in the patch notes, but maybe damage output / resistance has been re balanced against higher level enemies? I mean as @rukia mentioned above his / her damage has lowered against level 73 enemies, it is possible that this has been done and forgotten to be addressed in the patch notes. Yet this is all just speculative until a member of either the community team or dev team respond about this situation.
    Officer of DARK AURA GAMING GUILD (PS4)

Part of DarkAura gaming community with members in Warframe, The Division and Destiny

L70 TR - MrDrinkington
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    lullafry said:

I have noticed some mobs randomly getting stronger in fiery pit it could be that

That's a longstanding bug from PC. Some mobs in Fiery Pit spawn as heroic level (silver bar around HP meter) mobs even if there's no HE in the area.

Unfortunately at last check, the devs still hadn't been able to reproduce the bug with any consistency so a fix remains elusive.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com