test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod10 Hunter Ranger - Trapper

xxxskywolfxxxxxxskywolfxxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Hey folks,

you may have allready noticed that there're some issues with the cooldowns on your Trapper-HR.
After some tests on the preview as well on the live, i didnt found a solution for this problem and it seems cryptic want us all to play the archer build.
But that's something i will never ever do. Playing the Hunter without it's class mechanic is just absolutly illogical to me.

Currently im going with
  • fox's cunning
  • constricting arrow
  • hindering shot
  • ------------------
  • aimed shot
  • hunter's teamwork
  • ------------------
  • crushing roots
  • aspect of the serpent
  • -----------------
  • slasher's mark
  • seismic shot
Even when using at-wills i have massive trouble with cooldows and overall my DPS went down since Mod10.
My question to you is: Do you have any tips/solutions yet? (PvE only)

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I hear Careful Attack multiprocs Swiftness for Pathfinder. How come you are not using that?

Also don't Dailies and At-Will's proc Swiftness of the Fox now?

If so switch from Seismic to Disruptive... I can shoot a DS in nearly every rotation I do. In fact I can generally fire SM and DS in every melee and ranged rotation respectively. I also have 5 points to make SM 75% AP cost, works well with DS on the ranged side.

I am on Xbox only so I wish I could play around and test a load of things... I have to wait longer for the changes :(

Anyhoo maybe post your stats etc as well... Fox's Cunning is not really needed at all unless you have a lot of trouble surviving? Only time I use it is during PUG fights against Orcus and possibly some of CN if the going is rough.

PC guys will be able to help you more :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    PC Trapper here. I run Longstrider/Constrictive/Cordon as in mod9 in most cases. SM and Disruptive. AotP and AotS. Aimed shot and Hunter's teamwork. Even if Longstrider still procs Swiftness of the Fox only if fired from a distance I have no rotation issues.
    DPS on dragons seems a little bit lower but everything else looks fine.
    @wdj40 is right. Disruptive makes a difference. I have 5k recovery for reference.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

PC Trapper here. I run Longstrider/Constrictive/Cordon as in mod9 in most cases. SM and Disruptive. AotP and AotS. Aimed shot and Hunter's teamwork. Even if Longstrider still procs Swiftness of the Fox only if fired from a distance I have no rotation issues.

DPS on dragons seems a little bit lower but everything else looks fine.

@wdj40 is right. Disruptive makes a difference. I have 5k recovery for reference.

Yeah Recovery will make a difference, I have 3k and then boosted some from Companion's Gift. I don't really need it yet but I trying to work now on the X1 with changes that are going to happen :)

Best I could do is reduce Swiftness of the Fox to 3 points (with 3k Recovery) and pretend my At-Will's and Dailies give me Cool Down boosts... have to admit it does not really mimic the changes and bit of a waste of a Respec token a while back lol.

I hope someone has submitted that Longstriders bug, I use it in my rotations and sometimes just do not require jumping back into the correct distance for the Damage proc, it still hits fairly hard on its own. It is a bit poo to hear that it will not proc SotF from close range :(
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ellixcoellixco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey, another PC trapper here.

First things first, the multi-proc of Careful Attack is now fixed. The cool-down issues belong to Swiftness of the Fox, because it cannot multi-proc anymore if you hit more than one target.

I use Fox's Cunning, Constricting Arrow and Hindering Shot - Slasher's Mark and Seismic Shot. My Slasher's Mark needs 100% AP to cast. I have almost 2k of recovery.

Since Mod 10 is released i have to use an at-will every time I'm in "range combat" (?) and I will test out, which one has the most dps. By now I am using Aimed Shot.
    I don't want to use Disruptive Shot because the most targets are control immune and it cannot be used in every pass of the rota (for me it has 9 sec of cool-down).
    Also, I don't want to use Cordon of Arrows because the cool-down issues increase to 4-5 sec though I use at-wills and recovery won't fix this problem.

With my rota now I have almost no cool-down issues, unless it performs not as much damage as it could (because of the Aimed Shot). At a certain point I must use a daily power so it has to be up. All in all I am not as flexible as before because the rota has to be strictly casted.

Additionally:
    I'm using Fox's Cunning with pleasure because I'm playing a little tanky. You're immune while it is casting and it is an outstanding saver of live for the group, considering low-equipped tanks and dc's fighting in "close quarter combat", as well as CW (de)buffer with HP troubles (;

Through this I am not sure by now how I should set 2 explicit heroic points. Either in +6% HP or in +6% damage through at-wills. I am sure that I have to use at-wills if I want to keep the encounters and dailies I am using by now. But I don't want to pass on neither of them. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! c:

p.s. Why using Longstrider if you're not fully into (de)buff? You have to get 30 feet away from target and this costs lots an lots of time. Isn't it possible to make more damage yourself through roots in this interval than you're able to buff?

Greets! (:

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In solo just open with Longstrider, then Constrictive, then move on and use Plant Growth and everything melts down. In group 40% damage for the whole group is simply too much to look for something else (especially if you run with GWFs... :wink: ) . The only cases when I switch to Cordon/Constrictive/Hindering are in solo when I face control immune monsters (say when I want to solo No Sympathy or the Beholders at the Stronghold) or in group when I'm the highest dps by far (happens sometimes if I PUG or when I'm helping less geared guildies).
    It takes a bit to adjust to Longstrider (you have to look for ranged mobs usually as targets except for the opening one) but it's great. But they should fix the fact that it doesn't proc Swiftness at short range as it may mess your rotation.

By the way, when I say "especially with GWFs".... Somebody in the preview forum tested DPS on a dummy and the GWF came up at almost three times the HR Trapper so boosting a GWF by 40% is like adding a copy of yourself and some more, not to mention there is a third dps in the group...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Trapper here with 14 points in archer to get longshot (going to test if its the best later) and have no issue with cooldown with 3k recovery.

I dont use longtrider unless in group for buff only, set up solo is thorn - hindering - cordon with aimed and hunters for at will and disrupt - forrest ghost/seismic for dailies.

Using dread everything just melts and thorns is a very nice suprice how much damage it does now..
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    It seems we have been changed some. Im running 2 builds to see which will be best full trapper and trapper with 1st 3 of archery for longshot bonus. As full trapper base damage has went up a bit so in fast quick fights we are at our best. Soloing should be much easier at lower level. But end game content with extended battles Over all damage has dropped a good bit.

TIA consistently got 150 mil damage with CA, AOTP, AOTS and reg encounters now im seeing a good big damage loss from COA and PG. They are down from 570k per pop to 262k per pop Sizmic is down from 600k per shot t0 250k so over all dps is down to around 85mil

Dragon flight always top 3 around 600 mil now best was 282mil and 6th place this is due to same loss as above

In CN with same party as usual strange things are happening @ beholder boss I get one shotted now. There is no warning or red just boom all HPS gone and go from standing to flat on my stomach. IN CN over all dps is much lower also. Issue is in longer battles non of the buffs are stacking and damage is just weak short battle and with bonding every thing melts I died 11 times in CN yesterday on full trapper BIS setup. I rarely never die in CN at all. So im puzzled and working thru changes trying to figure next step. will try yeti companion over Shadow demon next and run longshot build thru week end
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    what change was made that would effect our vulnerability??

if we are stronger during quick fights, i wonder if taking skirmisher's gambit is now the way to go, since in mod 9 it excelled at that.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Im on ps4 now. reading thru this makes me nervous. PC people. is the HR still a valid thing to play? I've been levelling my enchants rather than artis so far. Of course, all the other toons are so nerfed too that maybe it doesn't matter. lol. I don't like the GWF playstyle and that's the only big hitter out there still.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    There is absolutely no reason to be nervous about how the Trapper HR plays since these last changes. People who were relying on Blade Storm for their burst might've taken a big hit, but I'm seeing a good improvement over-all. The flow of the class+feat tree is still there, and many of the encounters we use have seen a boost in damage. All in all, I'm content.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm pathfinder not stormwarden so no worries I guess. :)
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Just learn to use your at-wills and dailys with your encounters, i mostly just spam at-wills and roll my encounter rotation. I can still get permarotation with my trapper, unless i mess up and dont hit a mob, but at-wills have to be in your rotation or youre gonna get pauses.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong getting the permarotation work with Mod10 trapper, be you PF or SW.

• Options
    Trapper PF now working correctly above I reported issues that were correct but it was due to when changes live it bugged my character. I was not producing any good dps on encounters they were 1/2 to 1/3 of what the were and everything was killing me left and right. It was like my feasts and heroics were not working at all. I respect to hybrid everything became better and survivability was better but was still not what I wanted so respect back to trapper and everything is now working correctly. So something in my build was bugged because on preview all was fine. My dps is back up and lifesteal is now working correctly where as with act before I was barely getting any Lifesteal til I respeced
  • Options
    littlebiblittlebib Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So based on these comments, it seems that HR isn't being really badly affected here correct? I have both an HR and OP and have been using the OP as my main, but since the nerf, it isn't "quite" in demand any longer so I've been considering switching my efforts to my HR as my main and don't want to get burned by another major crippling of the character. Thanks.
  • Options
    littlebib said:

So based on these comments, it seems that HR isn't being really badly affected here correct? I have both an HR and OP and have been using the OP as my main, but since the nerf, it isn't "quite" in demand any longer so I've been considering switching my efforts to my HR as my main and don't want to get burned by another major crippling of the character. Thanks.

No idea :(

Unfortunately I personally have to wait, as do many others, until the changes hit the console (X1 for me)... Then I can do load of testing myself. No idea when the changes will actually hit the X1 yet either :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    With mod 10 in the end trapper is smoother and better all around you can run as buffer/debuffer or just total blow out dps in TIA and DF if i chose to I can be top damage dealt. IN CN I go for Buffer debuffer and with 3 HRs a GF and Dc we clear orcus in 30 seconds or less. PVP is better now from pugging I get close or double digit kills now before You were luck to kill any one other than pugs
    Ara