test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The cleric build I am using that rapo973 asked me to post. Please feel free to RESPECTFULLY comment

candadianprincecandadianprince Member Posts: 20 Arc User
unfortunately I don't have access to a computer, even with this I am using the xbox one with microsoft edge. So basically I made a quick video of my current build on Xbox one.

The main objective I had was a cleric that could perma cast empowered astral shield, and gets full divinity with only 2 blessing of battle. I used an old outdated guide about something called a sentinel cleric as a mold. So basically I am going for deflect, recovery and finally power. No, I am not into pvp, probably won't ever be, yes I know this isn't a true tank. I wanted something that could be helpfull if the tank went down, and couldn't get back into the fight, but could still dish out healing.

Here it is:

http://youtu.be/HeJFwgFOqWY

Thanks

Comments

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Just a first impression.
    Your target should be something like this:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218938/my-dc

Unfortunately the player didn't show his/her build completely, probably because she's in beauty contest mode.
    However there are some useful information you can get.
    Your build should be based on recovery / char. As you can see in the linked page, that cleric has class armor 46. That means that she has anointed armor (passive) maxed out and probably the legendary greater seldarine cloak on. (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_the_Seldarine).
    Generally speaking, I think she has at least 2 pieces of the Seldarine set (belt/cloak) because it gives power/deflection + con/dex. This is what you should go for.
    To have the perma astral shield you have to sit on ~15k recovery (or close to). The overall effect of char/recovery can be appreciated looking at the amount of AP gain she has (+75%).
    The race plays a role. She's a halfling and that means:
    +2 Dexterity
    +2 Charisma
    Nimble Reaction: grant +3% chance to Deflect incoming attacks.
    She also has a good defense stat, but it's likely that the value is influenced by the stronghold guild boon.

Your gear set, campagin boons (here you've to stack defense, deflection, recovery, and so on) , artifacts, mounts insigna, companions and enchantments should be selected to increase the stats/features you want. I suggest your to increase you HP as well (she has 155k HP).
    Some artifacts you may want (examples, list not complete):
    - Apocalypse Dagger: Deflection Power
    - Symbol of Water Critical Strike Deflection Stamina/Guard Gain
    - Forgehammer of Gond Deflection Power
    - Heart of the Green Dragon Deflection Regeneration Incoming Healing Bonus
    - Bloodcrystal Raven Skull Regeneration Recovery Stamina/Guard Gain (from PvP)
    - Sigil of the Hunter Power Recovery Stamina/Guard Gain
    (list -almost- complete here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact)

Enchantments: You should slot mainly silver and radiant enchantments + some azure to calibrate if needed (at the beginning you will not have high deflection, so you have to stack HP/defense).
    Silver enchantments: Offensive slot: Recovery Defensive Slot: deflection
    Radiant enchantments: Defensive slot: HP (as alternative Azure on defense)

Divinity regeneration: when you have divine fortune, bountiful fortune and gift of the gods maxed out, that's the best you can do. If you read the guide from jazzfong, you find what you need to know there.

That's all for the moment.
    Build to be checked later (but I can tell you that domain sinergy is not the best choice. The amount of recovery you get is useless. Put your points on waepon mastery instead). The faithful path with a bit of virtuous is the right choice imo.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Defense>Deflect unless you are Defense capped in all situations in PVE. HP>Deflect until you have millions of HP. This is a fact. Stacking deflect is inefficient.
  • lifeofrisklifeofrisk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    this build is interesting. it doesnt have much buff (only a 7k power from anointed army) but you’re sure that your party dont die.
    which passives you use? i see you put 4 points on hastening light, but you regret it and you prefer high recovery for permanent astral shield. and you want to put 4 points on anointed armor, so with the deflect that it gives you can survive one shot hits.
    i know some dc that use ring of charging bull to generate threat and tank, but i dont know if it works.
  • candadianprincecandadianprince Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Just a first impression.
    Your target should be something like this:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218938/my-dc

Unfortunately the player didn't show his/her build completely, probably because she's in beauty contest mode.
    However there are some useful information you can get.
    Your build should be based on recovery / char. As you can see in the linked page, that cleric has class armor 46. That means that she has anointed armor (passive) maxed out and probably the legendary greater seldarine cloak on. (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_the_Seldarine).
    Generally speaking, I think she has at least 2 pieces of the Seldarine set (belt/cloak) because it gives power/deflection + con/dex. This is what you should go for.
    To have the perma astral shield you have to sit on ~15k recovery (or close to). The overall effect of char/recovery can be appreciated looking at the amount of AP gain she has (+75%).
    The race plays a role. She's a halfling and that means:
    +2 Dexterity
    +2 Charisma
    Nimble Reaction: grant +3% chance to Deflect incoming attacks.
    She also has a good defense stat, but it's likely that the value is influenced by the stronghold guild boon.

Your gear set, campagin boons (here you've to stack defense, deflection, recovery, and so on) , artifacts, mounts insigna, companions and enchantments should be selected to increase the stats/features you want. I suggest your to increase you HP as well (she has 155k HP).
    Some artifacts you may want (examples, list not complete):
    - Apocalypse Dagger: Deflection Power
    - Symbol of Water Critical Strike Deflection Stamina/Guard Gain
    - Forgehammer of Gond Deflection Power
    - Heart of the Green Dragon Deflection Regeneration Incoming Healing Bonus
    - Bloodcrystal Raven Skull Regeneration Recovery Stamina/Guard Gain (from PvP)
    - Sigil of the Hunter Power Recovery Stamina/Guard Gain
    (list -almost- complete here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact)

Enchantments: You should slot mainly silver and radiant enchantments + some azure to calibrate if needed (at the beginning you will not have high deflection, so you have to stack HP/defense).
    Silver enchantments: Offensive slot: Recovery Defensive Slot: deflection
    Radiant enchantments: Defensive slot: HP (as alternative Azure on defense)

Divinity regeneration: when you have divine fortune, bountiful fortune and gift of the gods maxed out, that's the best you can do. If you read the guide from jazzfong, you find what you need to know there.

That's all for the moment.
    Build to be checked later (but I can tell you that domain sinergy is not the best choice. The amount of recovery you get is useless. Put your points on waepon mastery instead). The faithful path with a bit of virtuous is the right choice imo.

lol I actually misspoke in the video, the defensive slots are actually Radiant rank 9, the offense are silvery for recovery. Will probably look at changing the stats so I focus on Constitution as well as charisma. Maybe do a split between cha and wisdom.

I was trying to purposly shy away from crit, but after trying to do some solo stuff I see that I do need a little bit of damage, and also that crit does affect any heals I might use. I will definately change that feat.

As always thanks for the advice

Defense>Deflect unless you are Defense capped in all situations in PVE. HP>Deflect until you have millions of HP. This is a fact. Stacking deflect is inefficient.

I was thinking deflect was better than defense due to piercing damage, but I can change it so defense is before deflect. Also I just realized in the video, I said the defense slots where gems that give deflect, I misspoke there, it is actually radiant rank 9's there for more HP.

Thanks for your help.

this build is interesting. it doesnt have much buff (only a 7k power from anointed army) but you’re sure that your party dont die.

which passives you use? i see you put 4 points on hastening light, but you regret it and you prefer high recovery for permanent astral shield. and you want to put 4 points on anointed armor, so with the deflect that it gives you can survive one shot hits.

i know some dc that use ring of charging bull to generate threat and tank, but i dont know if it works.

Hi thanks for replying, the power does need work, the class features I am using are anoited armor as well as divine fortune. (not sure if that is what you meant by passives). Obviously this is highly experimental right now and so don't recomend this to anyone yet, but I did find that I don't die as offten during phases 2 and 3 of normal demogorgon. The only problem I really have is keeping track of my madness stacks and possitioning during phase 2 so that I don't accidently aim goristro into a black portal. Definitely wanna get the charging bull ring, but the drop rate is ridiculous
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I was thinking deflect was better than defense due to piercing damage, but I can change it so defense is before deflect. Also I just realized in the video, I said the defense slots where gems that give deflect, I misspoke there, it is actually radiant rank 9's there for more HP.

Thanks for your help.

Monsters don't deal piercing damage (with the exception of the damage in FBI, but that cannot be deflected either), they do have resistance ignored however the values aren't particularly high. In PVE, there is no reason to stack deflect at all.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Thanks for your help.

Monsters don't deal piercing damage (with the exception of the damage in FBI, but that cannot be deflected either), they do have resistance ignored however the values aren't particularly high. In PVE, there is no reason to stack deflect at all.
    Unless he goes PvP. A defensive build should be "extended" to support PvP as a node defender, taking out the max from it. The vanguard banner is something that every cleric should have imo o:)

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF