test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact belt/neck vs. "other"

speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
Just hoping to start a conversation about the usefulness of Artifact belt/neck if one isn't going to be using the Main artifact.

Having 1 of each character type (8), I started noticing that I was dumping refining into upgrading Artifact belt/neck but did not have/want/need the main artifact so was not receiving any set bonus.

Just curious, are there any sets that are really great that should be invested in or if one was not going for a set, to stop wasting refining on belt/neck and just craft a 2xenchantment versions an roll on?

Comments

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    A little bit or searching on internet should reveal which set is best suited to each class, I do not remember them all but I think it is:
    DPS GWF/TR/SW = Demon or lostmauth set.
    CW = black ice set

Someone else fill rest in or correct me.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The artifact belts and necks provide stats, even when not in a set bonus, that may be desirable for your character. I have a couple characters where the set bonus was not as valuable than stats from other artifacts so they do not use a set bonus, however the ability score increase points on almost every artifact belt are surly worth the effort to refine...IMO And the necks typically give +AC or %AP gain, the crafted ones will not do that. Those are hard stats to make up with the additional defense slot provided by the crafted gear, but maybe that works for your characters.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

A little bit or searching on internet should reveal which set is best suited to each class, I do not remember them all but I think it is:
    DPS GWF/TR/SW = Demon or lostmauth set.
    CW = black ice set

Someone else fill rest in or correct me.

Technically any DPS is prob better off with Demo set.

If Demo is un-obtainable: SW-Black Ice, CW-Valindra, GWF/TR-Lostmauth, HR-Not sure, but I would think maybe Valindra.
  • Options
    thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Im fond of the imperial on my HR
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • Options
    So the general consensus so far is to go artifact set instead of crafted personalized
    double slotted neck and belt?
  • Options
    blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Personally, I say just pick what fits your respective character, regardless of set. If u really like the set bonus, then go for it, but keep the stats of everything in mind. I don't think most of the set bonuses r that appealing, so I pick what suits my character
  • Options
    Thank you. I guess the main purpose for me is deciding if dumping refining points into these items are worth the return... They look pretty all legendary, but geez it takes a lot.
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I have one of each class too (not all at lvl 70 tho) and was wondering this same thing, the hardest for me to decide was my GF's, since everyone I see is running something different D:
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Most of my characters run piecemeal. CW has a Greater Owlbear belt and the Lostmauth neck. TR and SW have Lostmauth belt and neck. GF has the Baphomet neck and Plated CON belt. HR has Greater Seldarine neck and belt. GWF is running demon. DC has the full Tiamat set. My OP has a Plated CON belt and still has the Emissary neck.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    To me the benefit of the artifact items are the +2 to +4 points in your main attribute(s) from the belt plus the AP gain from the neck. This is far more valuable than an extra 2 enchantment slots.

E.g. a CW getting up to +2 INT & +2 CHA & +4% AP gain per 3 secs beats an extra 3.2% crit chance from 2x rank 12 azures.

Another point is the stats at max. A gemmed exquisite necklace of piercing gives 424 power & 443 armor pen compared to 846 power, 530 crit & 530 recovery from a Valindra's Guard belt.

To me the crafted items are at best a temporary substitute until you get a decent set.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You also need to look at item level as they power up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I have one of each class too (not all at lvl 70 tho) and was wondering this same thing, the hardest for me to decide was my GF's, since everyone I see is running something different D:

I run with Lathander Neck and Greater Band of Constitution Waist. So if you haven't seen that setup, add it to the list lol.