test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cert process

I have a question about the cert process and the state of the ps4 game in general. I understand the reason why its taking so long to get some things fixed right now is due to the cert not being done. My question is -will Sony have to approve every patch after this one? Or will we be able to get fixes quicker in the future? Will there ever be a point in time where we are caught up with the pc game in terms of mods and updates etc, or will we forever be behind?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I do believe that yes, Sony will have to approve every patch. I'm not 100% sure though, that's just my assumption. Xbox is not caught up to PC either, and I do not think that either console will ever be on the same build as PC.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    lullafrylullafry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thats disappointing
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    lullafry said:

Thats disappointing

Not really, Xbox is only about 6-8 weeks behind on Mods. PS4 with likely reach that same point in 6 months or so. It gives a chance to identify major bugs and get them pached before the Mod goes live on consoles. It also gives console a chance to learn about the new things and adjust/plan for them with more advance notice.

Other items (companion, mounts, etc)may take longer to get parity.
  • Options
    ragunanoone#0985 ragunanoone Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

lullafry said:

Thats disappointing

Not really, Xbox is only about 6-8 weeks behind on Mods. PS4 with likely reach that same point in 6 months or so. It gives a chance to identify major bugs and get them pached before the Mod goes live on consoles. It also gives console a chance to learn about the new things and adjust/plan for them with more advance notice.

Other items (companion, mounts, etc)may take longer to get parity.
    I came from ESO and if this company is anything like Zenimax they will push new content anyways like 3 days later it will get sent to sony bugs and all PC is not the bug tester. Besides once they send it for certification they can't change it a bug may be found after it is sent in and they have to PAY to get things certified and I am not sure if you can call it back. also the only hotfixes they can legally push are server side issues and a select few things internally IE infinitely respawning skill nodes can probably be disabled or an abnormal status disabled (only 2 hotfixes I ever saw in ESO).PC does not have the certification issues and from what I heard Sony is slower than Microsoft to certify.
  • Options
    firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    its how free to play mmo seem to work on consoles. ff14 is cross plateform same servers, but patching comes out the same time with ps3 ps4 and pc. this might be a resource thing, as in to push the process you need the cash. Free to play games don't require any sub fees and cash shop money is up and down. Infact naoki yoshida the director/producer of ff14 explained it best. Sating free to play ga,es don't have stable income and are up to the whims of the community, and cash shop items bring bought. this is why free to play mmo tend to become pay to win because the need of money to help make content. With the zen/AD trading buying zen isn't required.

again yoshida explains it better if you wanna dig around the net for pre launch ff14 dev posts.
  • Options
    superxmario128#6678 superxmario128 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    PC will usually always be more updated than the consoles since they don't need to wait for any approvals from both Sony and Microsoft and can just update their game whenever on PC
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I came from ESO and if this company is anything like Zenimax they will push new content anyways like 3 days later it will get sent to sony bugs and all PC is not the bug tester.

It is not like Zenimax and here, PC is certainly the bug and beta tester for new mods.

The preview server for testing new mods only exists for PC, there is no open testing done for consoles. In addition, they have consistently waited to release the console version of a new Mod until after the first patch, sometimes two, fixes bugs found on PC release. Which is why console (Xbox) gets the new Mod 6-8 weeks after PC release.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It's better to be a couple of months behind pc - it lets them test it for us and iron out a few launch bugs before we get mod 10
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

It's better to be a couple of months behind pc - it lets them test it for us and iron out a few launch bugs before we get mod 10

So true