test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current pvp build?

twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
Just what the title says. What is the most viable build for dc's in pvp? At-wills, encounters, paragon path, the whole shebang. I found some old builds in the forum, but I don't know if they are current or not.

I've heard DO faithful is the best, but I want to make sure before I use an extra respec I have laying around.

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    faithful, it has the most to offer for clutch healing. HoTs are not as effective in PVP because of burst damage. With decent gear a faithful DC can basically become immortal. Hiding inside their empowered Astral Shield.
  • Options
    Thank you! Do you happen to if DO or AC would be better as well?
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    There are two types of build in pvp for DC, one is the casual righteous pve DC who use empowered AS to stay alive and heal/kill in the circle. Another one is the classic sentinel tank DC, with high healing ability as long as crazy amount of deflect. Both share the same playstyle actually: Cast and stay in circle, recharge divinity, use encounters, rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    FLUFFY the circle, hahahaha

anyhow AC is king for dc competitive PVP. You likely won't find a published pvp dc build anywhere. Those DCs tend to keep their secrets to themselves.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    Guess I'll have some trial and error until I figure out what works best for me then :) thank you!
  • Options

Guess I'll have some trial and error until I figure out what works best for me then :) thank you!

A sample for u:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3305:1u00000:1z055zv:1000000&h=0&p=anc&o=0
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Here is my recommended PvP build.

For the other stuff...

Stat wise you'll want to prioritize in the following order, Tenacity>Recovery>Hit Points>Deflect>Control Resist>AP Gain>Stamina Regen> Control Bonus>Power>Defense

Encounters: BoH, BtS or Sunburst, Astral Shield
    Passives: Divine Fortune, Anointed Armor
    Dailies: Anointed Army, Hallowed Ground

You'll want to use the Drowned artifact weapon set and set up all your mount insignia bonuses to proc bonuses that heal you. Trans Fey weapon enchant would be ideal not for the damage it could give you, but for the damage it takes away from the people hitting you. Armor enchant wise Trans Elven is ideal but trans negation will work too.

Playstyle: The idea is to just spam heals and stuns in divinity mode and then hide in your fully empowered Astral Shield of broken OPness. The idea being that if you have enough stacked into Recovery and divinity gain that you can have the fully empowered yellow circle of cowardice on the ground permanently. If you ever get caught out of the golden sphereical shape of NeedsNerfing then just spam dodge as it gives you damage immunity. If the other team starts to stun lock you spam your AA daily and then dodge, heal, and hide back into your yellow circumferenced shape of SeemsLegit . The ultimate philosophy behind such a build being not to get any kills, but rather, to become an unkillable sack of hit points and undeserved ego that just sits on top of a node or near enough to a siege capture point that it can't be captured, until the game ends, while resting assured that everyone calling you mean names is just mad that you're so good at this game and has absolutely nothing to do with unbalanced PvP mechanics.

Have fun! ;)
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i have a general question why a healing ability like bastion store heal overtime in gift when you heal for 0 your full health allies and yourself? IT Should give 0 to gift no?
  • Options

i have a general question why a healing ability like bastion store heal overtime in gift when you heal for 0 your full health allies and yourself? IT Should give 0 to gift no?

The capstone basically store 25% of your heal as gift of faith first and then apply the rest 75% as normal heal to your target. If your target has no missing hp, then 75% of original heal heals none, but the 25% from it is already stored as gift.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I play righteous on pvp, but if you want a tank cleric i believe this is the best

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g5-G8TPucW4

It starts showing the build after 5 mins
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    hi i wish DC dps for pvp and i see someone builds that have much life steal but others not. Wich stats focus if i want do pvp being dps ??
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Max Power and arp, Max HP and get some deflect. Lifesteal is useless unless you are facing no-tenacity pve ppl. Get at least 33% crit chance if you can but if you cant, at least have higher than 25%. Trans feytouched, trans dread and vorpal is your fren, and also trans elven battle, negation and also shadowclad.
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    ok :)
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

Max Power and arp, Max HP and get some deflect. Lifesteal is useless unless you are facing no-tenacity pve ppl. Get at least 33% crit chance if you can but if you cant, at least have higher than 25%. Trans feytouched, trans dread and vorpal is your fren, and also trans elven battle, negation and also shadowclad.

I was thinking in getting lifesteal, but i play at level 60+, is it the same???

• Options
    lifesteal is probably near useless against high end pvprs. Your basically counting on your dps out pacing theirs in order to keep you standing, meanwhile dc isn't a great dps. If you thinking about something to heal you up between fights, well we already got tools for that.