test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the best cheap class to play?

im a casual player who play 3 hours per day. and i dont want spent money to the game. now i currently using GWF lvl 39 but many people told me gwf are very depending on gear and thats very pricey. before its too late , i want to make new toon and isterested to make DC , CW or SW. but as a newbie i need some advide from you guys what class are fit to a player like me?? i dont want to be frustated with the gear that very expensive. i like to loot AD from pvp and skirmish but i dont wanna buy from zen store at all. i know at lvl70 everythings change but im really enjoying the game. thank you

Comments

• derio#3255 derio Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    DC, any dps class is going to be criticized for gear
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    you don't have to spend ANY money on this game. gear is costly but you'll learn how to make ad in game. I've made a number of characters had the best gear and have spent virtually no money to get there. ( I have spent some but it was not in a way that furthered my toon meaningfully and I didn't need to spend it. I have made more ad than I spent by miles) this game has no class that is pay to win to be good or bis. it's gonna feel like ad is rare and difficult at your rank but once you hit 70, gear up a bit, get your boons on and start running content you'll be doing ok. the goals are what keep us going.
  • maxcook996#4790 maxcook996 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Just a tip tanks and healers are always on demand and the gear depends on what class you play and if you are a pve/pvp player too
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2016

im a casual player who play 3 hours per day. and i dont want spent money to the game. now i currently using GWF lvl 39 but many people told me gwf are very depending on gear and thats very pricey. before its too late , i want to make new toon and isterested to make DC , CW or SW. but as a newbie i need some advide from you guys what class are fit to a player like me?? i dont want to be frustated with the gear that very expensive. i like to loot AD from pvp and skirmish but i dont wanna buy from zen store at all. i know at lvl70 everythings change but im really enjoying the game. thank you

As a casual gamer, I would go for a HR. But it all comes down to YOUR! play style. You might have to buy some zen at some point? Unless you grind , to get AD's Or do like you said, previously a CW or SW.

• drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    all things can be worked for in time in the game with out spending cash.. so try not to worry so much about it.. the thing that bothers me is your statement that you dont want to spend any money on it.. its our responsibility as consumers to spend money on the things we like and not on the things we dont so I suggest that if you like the game and enjoy playing it that you do spend some money on it to help support the thing that you like.. how much or how little is up to you, but you should support it in some way.. otherwise they wont keep making good things that you will enjoy
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I second those above who said DC.

Typically, support classes are less gear-dependent than pure DPS classes because the buffs come from powers and feats instead of gear-dependent stats.

The DC has the added benefit of being one of the most versatile classes there is. There are several different builds available, ranging from heal focus to primarily buff/debuff and even a viable DPS build. Sure, the iconic DC is the heal / buff kind, but this game allows quite a few additional flavors.

If you decide to roll a DC, I strongly suggest you focus on DPS while you're leveling, meaning taking mostly feats from the Righteous path. Divine Oracle is better with less gear because it includes Brand of the Sun which is a great at-will with a debuff that is not gear-dependent in the same way that Anointed Champion's power sharing auras are.

My main is a DC, I love it.

• onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Trickster rogue, you can hide and root/stun spam through most of the game and you'll wreck everything except Paladin in PVP.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's if you only want to run PVP. A PvE TR needs much more investment to be good due to the amount of HP that dungeon npc's have.

PvP TR's rely on running around with a stealth ring and 1 shotting everything with SE, you can't do that in dungeons.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • trigga#9279 trigga Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    B) null
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    DC is probably the lone class where you are welcomed to groups that may shout for 3K IL and you can get in with 2K. DC are great due to the buffing and debuffing they can do and it is not gear dependent. :smile:
  • kakarot#9478 kakarot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm new to the game and I've created 2 character from which I can't decide on who to use because I love them both. It's between a Guardian Fighter or Hunter Ranger. Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other in the long run? I'm going for dps for now just to enjoy the game.