test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Filling Bellies' quest is awful

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
The quest takes too long, is burdened by the always-obnoxious RNG, is no fun, has only three available spaces to fish that are not always up, and is in sum the kind of thing that absolutely does not belong in this game.

Comments

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There's a much larger set of fishing spots to the south. Check your full map and you'll see there are two areas highlighted.

However, the quest path should maybe be prejudiced towards the southern one.

The only thing I didn't really like about it was how aggressive the quest is with inventory space, since you can get all of the simril fish plus old boots and you need an inventory space for them all. Plus you can get an optional crab meat quest along the way, which takes up two more inventory slots.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    And you can use the Winterfest rod and get rid of the new one.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    it's a bit long for sure. my major complaint is how god awful and glitchy the fishing is. it may well be the least satisfying mechanic in the history of gaming. not to mention the 5 second respawn timer on crabs. how did they ruin fishing? even torchlight has better fishing. just rip wow's model. that may be the only thing i miss about that game.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

And you can use the Winterfest rod and get rid of the new one.

But for those of us who said "man, I don't want to waste a bank/inventory slot on this for an entire damn year", we don't have that.

I am also now updating my opinion on this quest, as it has a repeatable version, to "pretty sucky given the super fast crab spawns, the low fish supply at any spot, and that fishing is competitive so the more people that are doing it the longer and more miserable the experience will be."
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    This thread makes me sad. I thought it was the best quest on the map. Relaxing, no need to run around a huge area looking for some hard to see something, no competing with other players in a trash mob hunt, plenty of fishing spots, and most importantly, free new worn out BoP boots.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    zibadawa said:

But for those of us who said "man, I don't want to waste a bank/inventory slot on this for an entire damn year", we don't have that.

I am also now updating my opinion on this quest, as it has a repeatable version, to "pretty sucky given the super fast crab spawns, the low fish supply at any spot, and that fishing is competitive so the more people that are doing it the longer and more miserable the experience will be."

I got my rod to epic. I wasn't going to toss it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

That's more or less what I was thinking. Why are the residents living north of the Spine of the World at all?
  • Options
    Why did American settlers head west?
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Why did American settlers head west?

To escape the frigid northeast.
  • Options
    And to be independent.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    "Baywatch" ads, definitely.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    wolfmanscwolfmansc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can't get this quest to work at all. Can't get a single node to spawn a fish or a boot... and you are supposed to catch 200 fish??!!! They need to fix the nodes so that fishing from them is possible.
  • Options
    wolfmansc said:

I can't get this quest to work at all. Can't get a single node to spawn a fish or a boot... and you are supposed to catch 200 fish??!!! They need to fix the nodes so that fishing from them is possible.

The fish are all worth more than 1, thankfully, so it's a little misleading. Some (all?) are worth 20 or more.