test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Preview Patch Notes: NW.65.20160801c.9

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Storm King's Thunder
  • The blizzard VFX in Bryn Shander has been updated in attempt to address motion sickness and headache issues raised by players.
Combat and Powers
Classes
  • Guardian Fighters, Hunter Rangers, and Scourge Warlocks created before the release of Storm King's Thunder now have a free respec available.
Items and Economy
General
  • Ostorian Resin is now properly given out by the Ostorian Relic introductory quest.
    • We are currently looking into ways to award Ostorian Resin to players who had already completed the quest prior to this patch.
  • Badge of Glory now properly requires 60 Seals of Triumph, increased from 1.
Localization
Audio
  • Localized voice-over now properly plays in Storm King's Thunder.

Comments

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Terramak - some of the new Insignia bonuses do not seem to work. Combatant's Maneuver is not procing and there is no icon for it in the character's buff bar. Another user reported Victim's Preservation (I have not had a chance to test this one yet).
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Bug reports:
    GF's Steel Defense does not protect against Everfrost damage.
    SW's Soul Sparks are bugged (not healing SW).
    Quest Guard Duty seems to be bugged. At least 1 door is outside of quest blue circle on the map. Combine it with Blizzard and it gets realy annoying.
    There are still fe frozen figurines moving around Bryn Shander.
    Dwarven beards went white (my friends character got black one b4), might be dwarves getting older...

fixed misspelling
  • Options
    sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    @terramak as many people say the borrowed time problem is a really huge issue, at the moment all the good efforts on SW rework are trashed. Hope you can fix it soon, SW is not viable at all in PVP as long as we have this bug :)
    Scarecrow
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    @terramak I thought temptation capstone was going to be reworked. Anything in regards to either that or lifesteal for the healock in general? Also Vampiric Embrace is still STILL a joke. You guys need to either give it a dps boost, or lower the icd or anything other than what it does now.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I'm glad you are trying to do something about the blizzard vfx, but so far your efforts are without success. I managed about 30 minutes in Bryn Shander before I had a headache and wanted to leave the game.

Not very happy with this given it was reported in the first week of testing for the zone.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
This discussion has been closed.