test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alternate to a set bonus

mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
Hello all, I am in the process of creating another rouge and this time I am going Saboteur (not really a fan of this build but hey it is something new and different to me... this game is getting boring). So with my MI Exec rouge (4.1K) I am getting about 3% bonus with my lostmouth set and with the new build I am looking at using a Greater Girdle of Strength and an artifact and cloak of my choosing. From the research I have done with my current rouge, boosting the strength ability by a factor of 4 instead of 2 with golden belt yields about the same damage increase. I saw the Sume (HR fame) ditched his lost belt and went for the dexterity belt instead (+damage bonus). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Ok 3 days and no thoughts on the subject.. how about we discuss weather instead.. what is it like in your area? Hot and muggy here in Georgia.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Cloudy and rainy in Serb Republic, who would think its middle of summer lol.
    On topic, i dont know, no idea how much would u benefit from +2 str more and losing 3% from elol. I am still wearing Elol as well and having doubts about changing at all, even if its Orcus...
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I am going to take the Girdle for Strength path to see where it goes. I have become tired of building characters that follow the masses (MI Exec Rouge (high crit), GwF (high crit, Lazalia build) etc., etc., etc. I chose saboteur for this latest build and am stacking power and recovery like crazy and forgetting about armpen and crit... just to see what the difference will be as I have not done a mega power build as of yet. This will likely be my last character build as I have just started building an airplane and that will consume much of my time. Maybe this will be the most fun character I have created... or maybe this will drive me away from the game for good.. we shall see.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The thing is, with the example you listed above - Sume - Lostmauth did very little for HRs before, and even less now. It only accounts for something like 3% of total dps, generally speaking. So giving it up isn't a huge loss, especially if in the process of giving it up you're boosting something else (in this case, Dex).

For TRs, I can't recall the numbers but it's a bit higher - although how much higher I'm not sure. It's only hitting for about 2k a pop going by my quick observations ingame on logs, so I'd imagine it accounts for very little as well.
    So if you're not keeping Lostmauth, and you're not eyeing up the Orcus set, and plan on mixing and matching.... then pick whatever works for you. Cloaks are all the same for their bonuses, really; it's just the stats that are a bit different, so tailor that to what works best for your build. Artifacts are the same - pick what works for you.
    Belts are the only real choice - and in this case, it's probably a toss up between Girdle of Strength and the Belt of Dexterity. STR is the TR's damage bonus stat; DEX is crit chance + deflection. So, again, pick whatever works best for you I guess.
  • liliadrakon#3570 liliadrakon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The Orcus set is quite good, but it's also a pretty big investment. I struggled with the same choice between the strength and dex belt. Ultimately, I took the dex because it helps over several stats that are harder to stack than strength. I saw a noticeable increase in my dps over the lostmauth set, for what it's worth.