test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth grinding out for an Intellect Devourer?

Is it worth the time to run the CTA until one drops? Just got to level 70 tonight so wondering if I should spend the rest of the night trying to get one to drop.

What are the odds of it dropping, anyway?

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    It's getting nerfed so it's not worth upgrading anymore. The skirmish is a pain too because the mobs take so long to get into the area where you can kill them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    just wait until price drops low enough and grab one from the auction, got one for 47k yesterday.
  • terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I think I did about 10-15 runs over the weekend. It didn't drop. Got bored after that as it doesn't look that special anyway.
  • darkcult#2246 darkcult Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    One dropped for me last night, on my very last run.
  • animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    i ran 70 times got my gwf weapon skin, and got a few refiner's cache i never got one so i gave up

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
    edited August 2016
    I ran about 18 times, went for weapon skin. Companion is just luck, very tempted to put it up for sale...
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    My friend and I ran CTA about 20 times over the weekend to get the skins for our weapons. I wanted the companion but knew I never get good drops.

So between the 6 of us that ran 20ish CTA's each - Only one person got the companion drop and it wasn't me.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Drop rate is probably about 1 in 100 then.

It's difficult though, because if everyone gets the drop the item becomes worthless. It only feels like something worth having if it's rarely seen. Same issue with getting a Griffon mount from the lockbox
    If I didn't have to work today, I would be grinding to get one - though to be honest I'd rather have some of the companions from the other CTA's
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

i ran 70 times got my gwf weapon skin, and got a few refiner's cache i never got one so i gave up

same here i easily ran it 40 something times by all the dye i got but didnt see the companion drop once what a jip
  • seirnoseirno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah, I never did end up getting one. Friends and I ran it about 10-15 more times after I started the post and nothing. Ah well, guess it's back to grinding for the air motes.
    There's few of them up for sale now, mine included... It wasn't an easy decision, but diamond greed prevailed :dizzy::D
    Dang, I'll probably end up buying one from the market. The next CTA I'll grind until they give me the mount/companion

• ragingfurry#2099 ragingfurry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I got lucky... I got two of them just trying to do my 2 daily skirmish.
  • bomber#0573 bomber Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I ran it 36 times on my main and a handful of times on a few alts without getting one to drop. My guildmate ran it once with me and got it...