test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting owned.

So ever since I hit level 63 I been getting killed non stop. I'm level 67 now and I can't even do quests in fiery pit. I'm a spellstorm control wizard. I use rank 7-8 enchantments. I have a mercenary companion from heirloom pack. I'm just taking so much damage. How do I gear up better? I just can't seem to do anything right now.

Comments

• felonioustub#9502 felonioustub Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm a level 63 guardian fighter and I noticed the difficulty jump after 60. I found that when I'm doing heroics or dungeons, it pays to have a healer as my companion over my normal striker. Plus you have to start playing a lot more carefully and stay mobile.
  • jesusalmightyjesusalmighty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah like my damage is great but I'm just getting wrecked if I get hit once. Maybe I'll get a healer companion. Any good one you suggest?
  • derio#3255 derio Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The starting healer companion helped me get to 70 on my SW. Any healing companion is fine. Or even a tank companion. However I have been grouping with others to level my other characters from 60-70
  • maxcook996#4790 maxcook996 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I didn't find it too hard from 60-70 the only part that probably got a little bit trickier was fiery pit
  • jesusalmightyjesusalmighty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm doing alright now in fiery pits just changed some powers around thanks for replies. I'll keep tryna get gear n what not
  • felonioustub#9502 felonioustub Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Yeah like my damage is great but I'm just getting wrecked if I get hit once. Maybe I'll get a healer companion. Any good one you suggest?

I like the Acolyte of Kelemvor as my healer companion. Once I switched to her, I had a much easier time. I found the starting healer you can redeem just wasn't focusing on healing during combat at all.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The first and most obvious point is to make sure all of your gear is as up-to-date as possible - all should be level 61-63. You should never have anything more than 3 levels below your current.

The second is to make sure you understand your stats. The one most overlooked is armor penetration, which affects your Resistance Ignored stat (scroll down on the stats page). For the 60-70 levelling areas I believe you need to aim for above 30% RI for these areas but post L70 you need to aim for 60% (roughly 100 points of Armor Pen = 1% RI) With insufficient RI you do much less damage - meaning you take a lot more damage as the enemies are still alive.

Scrolling down from there you'll also find you Damage Reduction stat which is mostly made up of your Defence points. Aim for about 10% (roughly 400 points of Defence = 1% DR)

When you get to L70 you should stack lifesteal as this will help the CW a lot more than defence but you should still have about 15% DR so you don't get 1 shot.

Feats - I don't know if you went with a build or are 'playing by ear' but if you are going with the middle path (DPS) you should still aim for 5 points in Icy Veins on the top tree as it makes nearby enemies freeze almost immediately - not only do they take more damage when frozen but they also stop hitting you ;)

Post 70 is when you seriously work on Power, Crit & Lifesteal.

Edit: until your character can handle getting hit you should always have Shield on the Mastery button.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2016

So ever since I hit level 63 I been getting killed non stop. I'm level 67 now and I can't even do quests in fiery pit. I'm a spellstorm control wizard. I use rank 7-8 enchantments. I have a mercenary companion from heirloom pack. I'm just taking so much damage. How do I gear up better? I just can't seem to do anything right now.

Quest from level 1 to 60 are easy. 60-70 in EE are a bit harder and require a bit more tactical planning. Once you hit level 70 if you can get your hands on the dusk gear it will make the game easier for you and if not, you will have a harder time getting through the content. Make sure you finish up your EE campaign as it will help improve your IL unless you have a main that bought most of the drow gear for your alt.

This game is not that hard. Just take your time and enjoy it. I see to many players rushing to dread ring, Sharandur, Wells of Dragon etc expecting these areas to be a cake walk and some of these players are in there at level 60. EE is your 60-70 mission and will give you the gear needed for Sharandur and Dread Ring area. Those maps will give you marks to buy better gear to run Wells of Dragon and Ice Dale.

Just take it easy and try to have fun doing it.

• zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I play as GWF and I completely destroy just about everything in my path. It's all about the right gear and the right build for your class. Some classes just are not meant for soloing.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Speaking as someone who has 6 characters (listed below) I can say it's entirely possible to solo everything on every class.

Some classes need more thought and/or investment though - usually the squishier ones like CW, SW and HR.

The GWF has some very useful advantages over other classes but a badly built one still can't solo anything (I've personally known a few who needed help on the simplest of things).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I play as GWF and I completely destroy just about everything in my path. It's all about the right gear and the right build for your class. Some classes just are not meant for soloing.

Comparing a GWF to a CW is like comparing glass to plastic and throwing them off a building and expecting the glass not to break.

CW are the glass cannon in D&D games, always have been and always will be. CW have low AC and low health but with the right build they can produce massive amounts of damage.

GWF are fighter class and that means more HP, higher AC, and good melee damage. A GWF is a great solo class as it can withstand those stronger attacks and deal high damage back to the enemy.

I played as a cleric as I know from prior D&D games cleric are lower on the damage side but have a decent amount of HP, good AC, and can heal. All of this makes them good for soloing; however due to lower damage output it takes me longer to complete some quest line.

Over all all classes can solo with the right build, companion, and having proper gear. Some classes it is easier than others due to things like AC and HP.

A guild mate of mine was complaining when another guild mate was talking about how difficult things are with his ranger and the guild that was complaining is a Warlock. Well I played all classes up to level 20 now and I can state this with certainty that Warlock is way easier than many classes for soloing content. It hits really hard and does really well for damage. The ranger class I noticed is a threat generating machine, and this means more mobs to deal with and the damage is not up to snuff of the Warlock class, not yet at least.

Finding the right build is very important in this game and it is worth noting that all players are not up to the same level of skill or knowledge for their class.

I know I'm still learning how to be an effective DC.
  • terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Get the two pieces of Dusk gear from the Tarmalune Trade Bar, that will add 25k to your HP right there. It will cost you about 130 or so trade bars to get both pieces.
  • awclin#2506 awclin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    i found it tough around that point.. after looking into things it was then i realised that:

a - i'd done no campaign stuff and the boons really help
    b - i could get a good boost from having multiple active companions (until then i'd just had the one summoned one i had always used)
    c- bonding runsetones proc'ing companion's gift is another great boost
    d - getting the right mount power activated for your build/spec makes a big difference

hope those help.