test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rogue question

neophyte1983#9951 neophyte1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Im a sun elf rogue. Is it worth the money to change my race for better stats? I also didnt roll for the highest stats when i made it.
What are the best artifacts to get and what to use as main. I now use trickster sigil as main.
Is feytouched enchantment any good besides vorpal to start with? And whats a good armor enchant?
Playing only pve
edit: should i use underdark rings or normal rings.

Comments

• raonser#6535 raonser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    feytouched is pretty good besides vorpal, and i don't think you ''need'' to change race or anything its really only for min/max'ing if you are going to change orc/human/drow would be pretty good
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I've been trying to find a good endgame dungeon dps build on the trickster, the ones I've found online are all over the place. Where can I find a good one that is current and applicable to the PS4?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Yeah I know all that - we were toasted on the epic dungeons from the missing AEO, then got lucky on one and made it through. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep working at getting my rogue set up for when it's fixed. I just don't seem to have the DPS that I feel like a pure DPS character should have. I feel like I'm missing something either in play style or build. I shouldn't be getting out DPSed by the tank.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I've been trying to find a good endgame dungeon dps build on the trickster, the ones I've found online are all over the place. Where can I find a good one that is current and applicable to the PS4?

Create your own. I started reviewing online various guides for Cleric and found one I like and modified a few things and now I play it my way and a few minor tweaks and the power is working just great for me.
    I would love to build my own - Actually that is what I am working with now, but I just feel like I'm missing something that is causing me to have HAMSTER DPS in comparison to other characters/people. I figured if I looked over some successful builds and did some comparisons that I could figure out where I went askew.

• neophyte1983#9951 neophyte1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    null
    Im always first or second in skirmisch. Or a rogue of higher item lvl outdps me or a gsw. So its decent. But ... im using black dragon ioun stone.
    Which dungeon works then?
    The first two epic dungeons on the list work fine for us, though neither of them have the dungeon chests to use keys on

Hello, any information is welcome.
    im using first strike and skillfull infiltrator. I tried oppressive darkness instead of first strike but dont see the combat advantage. What are good passives. Some using invinsible and skilllfull infiltrator. A few people using first strike. It do decent damage. I dont know whats best to use as passive. I also using smoke bomb, lashing blade and dazing strike.
    My power is 12448, crit 6848, arp 3325
    Crit chance 53,1 and 85 crit sev
    any tips are welcome. Im on ps4
  • rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Check
    ravenskya said:

Yeah I know all that - we were toasted on the epic dungeons from the missing AEO, then got lucky on one and made it through. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep working at getting my rogue set up for when it's fixed. I just don't seem to have the DPS that I feel like a pure DPS character should have. I feel like I'm missing something either in play style or build. I shouldn't be getting out DPSed by the tank.

Take a look at Sunny's TR build. I followed that one (changed minor things) and it is awesome. Most of the time im 1st in dungeons and Skirs. I currently have 1800 Item level and I have done more damage than people with 2.5k. Heck, even killed a 3k CW 1vs1 in Icewind. I feel like TRs do so muchh dmg if you know how to use it, we are just underrated
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    +1 on Sunnys guide.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I play on xbox but noticed this thread and thought I'd offer my 2 cents. I've found that for end game dps, it's best to go MI Executioner with Smoke Bomb to proc Shadow of Demise, and then properly time Lashing Blade. Use Impossible to Catch for bad mobs and those red splat moments. Make sure you know how to use Whirlwind and Lurker's correctly. Invest in Life Steal for survivability and then you can use another encounter instead of ITC. Also, get a good companion that will add to your stats quickly. Striker with bondings and double slotted rings works well. That being said, sometimes you need to be the debuffer rather than top dps and that's ok. Topping the paingiver shouldn't be as important as clearing content fast and efficiently.

You'll find plenty of info on the main page's class forum (Thieves Den). Might want to check there for more specific help.
    Thank you spelldazer.
  • sarges24#0702 sarges24 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I don't have a problem as a Wood Elf TR Infiltrator. Guess it's not saying much but I usually out DPS other characters in Skirmish and Epics... Recently I was looking around for a build and came across this one.

//mmominds.com 2016/04/06/ mod-8-master-infiltrator-pvepvp-tr-build-caap/

It's actually extremely close to what I went with with a few minor exceptions. At some point I might use a token to retrain but but for so few changes I'll stick with what I've set up for the time being.

Personally I'd say stick with your race unless you feel you absolutely need to change it. Though you'd probably be better off finding a build that fits you and rolling with that. A good build, right powers and equipment you should be fine.
    I found my build on a you tube movie from 2016. Didnt copy everything. But i do fine solo with a ioun compagnion. Anyone know how its going on with the bonding runestones? I read somewhere that its going to be fixed or something? Im a better of with a mercenary than a ioun? Using black dragon ioun with 3 bondings. Just for the power stat. I know compagnion gift dont work on ioun
  • shanx989#1017 shanx989 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    With the companion bonding stone fix coming along next patch i think.

The bonding stone will be even better as you will get full effect of bonding stones with just 1 proc so fast attacking companion won't be required. Focus on companion that give you good active stats. Here is a list of good ones.

Fire Archion ( summoned )
    the one you get from sw pack forgot name
    siege master
    dancing blade
    Boar ( will change later but still 1.5% extra crit severity is good )
    Figured out my problem - turns out I'm too heavy on being a de-buffer rather than straight up DPS. Makes it way easier for others in my group to get massive damage, but I'm just stripping buffs and my dmg is lower than most rogues. I may stick with it though now that I realize what kind of monster I've created because it actually is quite a help in groups.