test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Luck of the Draw - Lockboxes

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
Has anyone had any good luck with these things? I seem to only get Marks and Stone for refinement.

How do you feel when you open the LB and getting nothing but the same stuff you have seen time and time again.

I know for me I don't want to open any more Lb or any pack that comes in a LB as I am tired of only seeing the same thing. I may just start selling the packs in my LB as luck is not on my side with these things.

Do you think they could improve our chance of getting something better by creating a counter of sorts monitoring what you got vs. what is available.

For instance if you opened 50 Wanderers pack and still have not received the Elemental Weapon Pack, should that player have an increasing chance to get it vs. a player that already has gotten it?

Let's discuss, how do you feel about the items in the LB and your odds at getting a good item from them.

Comments

• terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Selling the lockbox contents on the AH, should more than pay for another month of vip....isn't that the point?
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    It is disappointing when you get the same exact things every time. So I'd be all for some kind of chance to get better stuff increase every time you open the box. Then the increased chance percentage can reset once you've gotten something good. I've opened over 100 boxes and haven't gotten anything I was excited for. It seems like something valuable would have a better drop rate than 1 out of 100
  • yorgoth#9648 yorgoth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    in one of my first boxes i was rewarded with 2 blue items; lvl 70 orb and lvl 70 artifact. Ill guess i am lucky then :-) After that indeed stones, marks etc etc. But so far so good i am happy
  • troncq#8687 troncq Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Boxes are one the reason why "developers" earn money, They never will do a system where you lucky can be incremented by opening a new box.

So if you are not vip dont waste your Zen buying keys, save your zen for vip or other secure item.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I got the artifact daggers out of one - everything else seems to be the riders pack, day after day I get the riders pack lol
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    got profession packs and 3 bars from my last 4 daily chests in a row, RNG my butt the game just hates me :(
  • darkandsinfuldarkandsinful Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    i bought the early play pack and got the 20 keys, that and what i find on normal play has payed for 10 to 20 keys a day, rank 4 v.i.p a tiger mount couple companions and random stuff, i've actually got real lucky on lockbox content, two 30 companion tokens 3 100 trade bars around 10 panther/moon bear mounts, numerous artifacts, a few good enchants, and 3 days ago got the burning epic weapons set which i currently use. I havent put anything into the game other then the initial early play
  • darthtrev#6997 darthtrev Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm curious as to the chance of legendary mount drops, I've opened around 200 boxes and zip. I agree, with your chances should increase until you get that drop, even if slightly.
    That's crazy you got so lucky. Makes me hate the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I've gotten even more lol
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

i bought the early play pack and got the 20 keys, that and what i find on normal play has payed for 10 to 20 keys a day, rank 4 v.i.p a tiger mount couple companions and random stuff, i've actually got real lucky on lockbox content, two 30 companion tokens 3 100 trade bars around 10 panther/moon bear mounts, numerous artifacts, a few good enchants, and 3 days ago got the burning epic weapons set which i currently use. I havent put anything into the game other then the initial early play

You are a very luck SOB.

A guild mate follows your flow of luck.

1st lockbox he got the Griffon mount. His second he got a the armor enchantment. His third he will probably get an artifact item or burning artifact weapon. LOL....

I know another guild mate got burning artifact weapon, 4 artifact belts, various other items as well. I have not been as lucky. In fact, other than the 1 LB where I got a diamond I have been very unlucky with the LB. Same thing day in and day out. Mark of Potency and some refinement stones.
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I never get jack "HAMSTER" but my luck is always terrible with things of this nature
  • darkandsinfuldarkandsinful Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hell opened up 10 last night got 2 lame artifact belts and forgot the name stone of Baal or something like that and another panther mount
  • blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    XB1 player here...

Not to be mean, but its something you PS4 players will get used to (not winning anything good). Ive been playing since it came out on XB1, & it took me 15 months to finally win the legendary item from the respective lockbox. Ive opened thousands of lockboxes beforehand, & for it to take 15 months to finally get a legendary lockbox item is insane. Funny thing is that 5 days later, I got the same legendary lockbox item...lol. In terms of epic lockbox items (where your name pops up on the screen), Ive received maybe 5 (I'd have to look at each lockbox to be more exact, but its a good estimate). So in 18 months, my name has only popped up on the screen 5-10 times, & having opened thousands of lockboxes. Yet, some ppl can get their name to pop up constantly. If your not winning anything, blame the RNG...lol. Im already pretty sure mine is defective...lol

Hell opened up 10 last night got 2 lame artifact belts and forgot the name stone of Baal or something like that and another panther mount

OMG...I just got another professional pack. I get the nice artifact packs but never anything good in them, just marks or I get professional packs.

I have never seen anything with mounts or anything like that. I have now opened up my 200th LB over all.

I sold all of my excessive LB as I have no reason to keep them. I made a few AD off of them. Knowing my luck if I could give the key away, the person I give it to would get something I would want. LOL...

Did anyone notice if time of day impacts their luck. I usually open my LB first thing in the morning, around 7-8am.
    I open mine early too with my VIP key. But yesterday I opened 20 in the afternoon and ten in late evening and didn't get anything new. Never seen a mount or anything epic from the lockbox.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The lockboxes are, and have always been, a gamble. Usually you do not earn enough money from the items inside to pay for the key that you used to open them. The odds of getting a legendary item are extremely small. Even the players who win the legendary items are usually just about breaking even, with all the money invested in keys before they win something awesome.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I bought 20 keys and have used 7 since being VIP and have gotten only Rare items. Not even one epic! I would get vip and just do the one key a day. Epic fail on my part thinking I would get several Epics!
  • mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

XB1 player here...

Not to be mean, but its something you PS4 players will get used to (not winning anything good). Ive been playing since it came out on XB1, & it took me 15 months to finally win the legendary item from the respective lockbox. Ive opened thousands of lockboxes beforehand, & for it to take 15 months to finally get a legendary lockbox item is insane. Funny thing is that 5 days later, I got the same legendary lockbox item...lol. In terms of epic lockbox items (where your name pops up on the screen), Ive received maybe 5 (I'd have to look at each lockbox to be more exact, but its a good estimate). So in 18 months, my name has only popped up on the screen 5-10 times, & having opened thousands of lockboxes. Yet, some ppl can get their name to pop up constantly. If your not winning anything, blame the RNG...lol. Im already pretty sure mine is defective...lol

Reminds me of Destiny and the Gallajorn! Impossible to get, but once you had one, they would drop left and right!

XB1 player here...

Reminds me of Destiny and the Gallajorn! Impossible to get, but once you had one, they would drop left and right!
    It also reminds me of DCUO. I never got any OP items. Than within 2 months I had all but 1 of the current OP items.

Luck may not favor me right now, but who knows if it will favor me tomorrow, next week, or a month from now.

I will continue to open the LB up as a VIP but no more extra keys, unless I need some bars for something. :