test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demogorgon

I've been having a very hard time getting into this for the last week or so... The first day I tired it I got it with no issue. If I do find a match someone normally doesn't ready up and I get kicked from quies all together... Can we get a longer time or something for this? It's so frustrating... I haven't been able to find a match for like 4 days at this point.

Comments

• reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Are you talking about reg demo or epic demo?
  • krenj#2826 krenj Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Alot of people failed at mechanics and simply stopped doing it, once more people get geared I'm sure it will pick up.
  • krenj#2826 krenj Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Demo has the same mechanics , for the most part, as madness throne. I routinely watch ppl fail them both when I farm +4 rings. Demo requires 2k ilvl so I'm sure that very few of them are actually "Fresh" 70's...they just suck. Alot of ppl can't evaluate themselves and realize that they need improvement, but not only that, they don't try to improve. They just play.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Forget Demo for a minute. Kessell dungeon is just as bad. I was in a run yesterday with a GF and OP and neither one could tank, both were IL 2200. What gives with that. Add to it I was using 3 healing spells just because the group was that bad. I was top in damage, top in damage in, and top in heals.

I had over 10 million damage out before the last boss, around 3 million in damage in and close to 5 million in healing out.

The only spell I had that did damage was divine glow. No idea how a pure healing DC build out DPS players with similar IL that were mainly playing as a DPS. I left right before the last boss.

Best run in that dungeon for was with a OP that knew how to play their role. It worked great, he tanked, I healed and the DPS did their job. Run was completed in about 15 minutes.

I think the devs should fix the IL requirements to 1800 and 2200 for the dungeons.

As for players just playing, yeah I see that all the time. Players not willing to take time to learn how to play their class to its potential or not playing the role designed for the class.

Seen OP trying to top DPS in content, act a a leader or tank, not a DPS please. Seen and talked to GF who were spec for DPS without anything focused on being a tank.

Que system also needs to be tweaked so that players pick the role they plan to play.

For instance: I can be a controller or leader/healer. Let me pick one to run a dungeon and not assume I will be a leader every time I run content.

• mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Forget Demo for a minute. Kessell dungeon is just as bad. I was in a run yesterday with a GF and OP and neither one could tank, both were IL 2200. What gives with that. Add to it I was using 3 healing spells just because the group was that bad. I was top in damage, top in damage in, and top in heals.
    >
    > I had over 10 million damage out before the last boss, around 3 million in damage in and close to 5 million in healing out.
    >
    > The only spell I had that did damage was divine glow. No idea how a pure healing DC build out DPS players with similar IL that were mainly playing as a DPS. I left right before the last boss.
    >
    > Best run in that dungeon for was with a OP that knew how to play their role. It worked great, he tanked, I healed and the DPS did their job. Run was completed in about 15 minutes.
    >
    > I think the devs should fix the IL requirements to 1800 and 2200 for the dungeons.
    >
    > As for players just playing, yeah I see that all the time. Players not willing to take time to learn how to play their class to its potential or not playing the role designed for the class.
    >
    > Seen OP trying to top DPS in content, act a a leader or tank, not a DPS please. Seen and talked to GF who were spec for DPS without anything focused on being a tank.
    >
    > Que system also needs to be tweaked so that players pick the role they plan to play.
    >
    > For instance: I can be a controller or leader/healer. Let me pick one to run a dungeon and not assume I will be a leader every time I run content.

Same thing here. I am a 70 low ilvl player. i knew my run would suck when I keep taking aggro from a tank that is like 400 ilvl higher then me. you can tell when a person does not know how to tank. Everyone was pulling mobs becasue they would just stand there Stoney_D. Got to find others to play with in a manual party. The LFG will always be terrible. You will have those that paid to be their ilvl, like me and want to improve. Then there are others that just play. But I care about how I play. I want to be top damage. When I am not I push myself to get better equip.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Same thing here. I am a 70 low ilvl player. i knew my run would suck when I keep taking aggro from a tank that is like 400 ilvl higher then me. you can tell when a person does not know how to tank. Everyone was pulling mobs becasue they would just stand there Stoney_D. Got to find others to play with in a manual party. The LFG will always be terrible. You will have those that paid to be their ilvl, like me and want to improve. Then there are others that just play. But I care about how I play. I want to be top damage. When I am not I push myself to get better equip.

I am the same way. I was over 2k IL day one when I hit level 70. One thing I did when I hit level 50 is I came right to the forums and did some research.

1) I respected my character and it has been the best thing I did
    2) I completed all of the EE campaign as the boons and gear helped
    3) Level 70 I got the dusk set from the trade bar merchant
    4) Used real world money to buy the companion to get extra ichor - got the Drow Pants and Shirt (great for a healer)
    5) Play as a healer in content
    6) Using my saved up ichor to buy gear for alts so they start off just as high as my main

Overall I give the game high marks just for the solo content. The group content adds further value to the game; however, I'm not impressed by the gaming population when running epic dungeons. Most players don't use mic or know how to text chat. Ugh...

It is very ugly when that happens. I usually jump ship if the group has issue son the first set of adds.

• excat56#5321 excat56 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

Overall I give the game high marks just for the solo content. The group content adds further value to the game; however, I'm not impressed by the gaming population when running epic dungeons. Most players don't use mic or know how to text chat. Ugh...

It is very ugly when that happens. I usually jump ship if the group has issue son the first set of adds.

The gaming population will never get better if everyone "jumps ship" at the first sign of trouble. All you are doing is hurting an already lacking community more. It's one thing if you are wiping over and over just at small groups of adds, but sometimes things get to a rocky start, especially in pugs.

Second, most players don't use mics or text because they are either in a party chat with someone else, and have in game chat disable because of the gear bug while it is enabled, and/or the text chat is just too cumbersome to try and use, especially when you are actually "playing". The communication options for console players is lacking horribly, and it's exacerbated by a very poorly implemented text communication system.
  • dearayndearayn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    If only they could implement a matchmaking system where you could assign your role. No one wants a full team of DPS which happened yesterday and we had to just leave. If I had an AD for all the times a tank class wouldn't/couldn't tank. It's just sad at this point, and I'm a dps who knows how to do actual damage, so I usually have everything on me and end up dying when a tank can't keep their attention. My item level and gear suck for the most part.

http://imgur.com/1MmUKKA

http://imgur.com/CXL9SFK

http://imgur.com/iGoBrZs
  • stuntzeroiiistuntzeroiii Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My bad for the delay, it's for regular Demo. I get the mechanics just fine, I just can't flipping get into it most of the time... It's soi frustrating to me. I'm not sure if the window for joning is to small or what, but I can't find any matches most of the time. The guilds I've been in never wanted to do... ANYTHING (High iLvl or not, didn't matter) Thus far that's my biggest annoyance with the game, minus some of the crashing and such.
    dearayn said:

If only they could implement a matchmaking system where you could assign your role. No one wants a full team of DPS which happened yesterday and we had to just leave. If I had an AD for all the times a tank class wouldn't/couldn't tank. It's just sad at this point, and I'm a dps who knows how to do actual damage, so I usually have everything on me and end up dying when a tank can't keep their attention. My item level and gear suck for the most part.

http://imgur.com/1MmUKKA

http://imgur.com/CXL9SFK

http://imgur.com/iGoBrZs

I've done a Skirm with nothing but TR's and I think a CW or something, can't remember what the last guy was, but oddly enough it was like the easiest run I'd ever had.,