test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2042 gs Gwf What to do now?

Question is at the bottom, but a little background if you want it.

Every day I log in to do my dailies in every campaign which takes about 3.5-4ish hours to complete. I have rank 1 vip already. I am wearing 3 alliance assault and one drowcraft vambrace with rank 7 enchants in all of my slots except utility which all have a lesser dragon's hoard. I also have the 100 fire mote quest greataxe and knot, and I am following Lia Knowles gwf destroyer build.

When I finally hit 2k gearscore about 3 days ago, I was excited to actually do epic content that was not bugged besides Kessel's over and over again. On 3 different occasions I tried temple of the spider assuming that since it is listed first under the 2k required gs, that it would be the easiest to complete. However, I keep getting oneshot by the blademasters and any of the Synd's attacks whether they are red circles or not. I see in LFG that people are looking for 2500 gs for these dungeons, and I don't understand how I can reach that without being able to do any tier 2 dungeons for protector seals. I public que for demogorgon (which I looked on youtube for the mechanics of each phase before I did it the first time) when its up at each 30 minute mark and that is my only source of protector seals at the moment. This is insanely slow and annoying because sometimes I don't even get a queue pop when I start immediately at the 30 minute mark and wait the whole five minutes. I gave up on Tiamat because I haven't seen more than 1 and 3/4 of a 2nd head die in the 6 or 7 runs I did of it.

If you bothered to read my mini-wall of text thank you.

TLDR: I hit 2k gs a few days ago and the difficulty spike from kessel's to the tier 2 dungeons is staggering me, how can I gear up outside of waiting for demo fights for protector seals or the weekly drowcraft parts with ichor?

PS4 Astrid Stormfury 2631 GWF

Comments

• drackonautdrackonaut Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Work on your boons? Upgrade your enchants to rank 12? Level up an alt? Lol
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    get yourself a mount with wanderers fortune asap, so you can start accumulating refining stones, and work on refining your artifacts first, they will give the best stat boost, and also the best item level boost....at 2k your gonna need a balanced group with a cleric and decent tank to beat T2's
  • krenj#2826 krenj Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    ghostim said:

Question is at the bottom, but a little background if you want it.

Every day I log in to do my dailies in every campaign which takes about 3.5-4ish hours to complete. I have rank 1 vip already. I am wearing 3 alliance assault and one drowcraft vambrace with rank 7 enchants in all of my slots except utility which all have a lesser dragon's hoard. I also have the 100 fire mote quest greataxe and knot, and I am following Lia Knowles gwf destroyer build.

When I finally hit 2k gearscore about 3 days ago, I was excited to actually do epic content that was not bugged besides Kessel's over and over again. On 3 different occasions I tried temple of the spider assuming that since it is listed first under the 2k required gs, that it would be the easiest to complete. However, I keep getting oneshot by the blademasters and any of the Synd's attacks whether they are red circles or not. I see in LFG that people are looking for 2500 gs for these dungeons, and I don't understand how I can reach that without being able to do any tier 2 dungeons for protector seals. I public que for demogorgon (which I looked on youtube for the mechanics of each phase before I did it the first time) when its up at each 30 minute mark and that is my only source of protector seals at the moment. This is insanely slow and annoying because sometimes I don't even get a queue pop when I start immediately at the 30 minute mark and wait the whole five minutes. I gave up on Tiamat because I haven't seen more than 1 and 3/4 of a 2nd head die in the 6 or 7 runs I did of it.

If you bothered to read my mini-wall of text thank you.

TLDR: I hit 2k gs a few days ago and the difficulty spike from kessel's to the tier 2 dungeons is staggering me, how can I gear up outside of waiting for demo fights for protector seals or the weekly drowcraft parts with ichor?

Leveling your enchants and artifacts will get you there.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I think you need to explain how to upgrade enchantments.

1) Upgrade enchantments require refining it.
    2) You need the same level enchantment when the enchantment level is 7+ to upgrade to the next level (this means if you want to upgrade an enchant to 9 you need two level 8 enchantments.
    3) % of success, LMAO, you need the ward that ensure 100% or you will waste your marks and those are 1,000 a pop.
    4) IL increase is good as well as the stat boost

To really get anywhere in this game you need AD and lots of them. You need AD to get zen to buy the wards or to buy the wards from the Auction House. You need AD to upgrade companions, etc...You need AD to get boons, etc...

All players needs lots and lots of AD.

If you are F2P, play 2 character and play all dungeons and skrimishes to maximize your daily AD and convert the alt AD to zen for you main. If you have multiple character slots, do this on as many characters as you can get to as much AD over to your main. Or if you are rich, buy a bunch of zen.

To convert my weapon enchantment into one I can use will cost me 1,000 zen and the same holds true for my armor.

Now if you are lucky with lockbox you may get epic weapons, armor enchantments, mounts, and artifacts etc...

I know one player that got these with their first four LBs.

1) Griffon
    2) Epic Weapons
    3) Armor Enchantment
    4) Artifact Belt

I have yet to see any of those in my LB and I have opened 1 a day since 7/13 along with an additional 40 from buying 20 keys and having 20 keys from the early access pack. I also use alts daily to convert AD to Zen and use the zen to buy additional keys.

I saved up a bunch of the Wanderers LB and opened them all at once. I had around 50. I got only refine stones and marks, which are good to upgrade the standard Artifact Weapons but the one I really want is the Fire one for the extra AP build up that it provides.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    As far as item level goes you should focus on artifacts, and also get some high level pants and shirt (an easy way to gain 80-100 IL), I would focus on enchants last, as the item level gain is insignificant per enchantment level....I don't know if reinforcement kits are available on PS4 yet but those also increase IL, also join a guild and start running dragon flight
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I think you need to explain how to upgrade enchantments.

1) Upgrade enchantments require refining it.
    2) You need the same level enchantment when the enchantment level is 7+ to upgrade to the next level (this means if you want to upgrade an enchant to 9 you need two level 8 enchantments.
    3) % of success, LMAO, you need the ward that ensure 100% or you will waste your marks and those are 1,000 a pop.
    4) IL increase is good as well as the stat boost

You don't need to use a coal ward on enchants until the cost of preservation wards would be more than 1000 zen. So basically pres 100 wards. It's not worth using a coal ward unless it's a 5% or worse chance of success.

Although honestly seeing PS4 players complain about ward prices is kind of hilarious. With the zax at 172 the main cost of refinement is going to be RP and marks.

I8r4ux9.jpg