test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre Mod 10, Quick Hit List of Things You Should Know About.

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, 1 week to go before mod 10 hits, and we all get busy breaking down a campaign so we can enter new dungeon. A few things are changing and if you haven't bothered reading the preview forums, no worries, I will summarize the things YOU should know right now. There is alot of information, I will not pass on, but this stuff could/will impact you if you dont make plans now.

The biggest change for every player in the game, in terms of QOL of , is salvage values will be changed. This impacts where and how we need to farm, and where they want us to farm apparently.

T1 value salvage (you get from vt, mc, elol and kessells) is being changed thusly: (no VIP values entered on the below)

A. SMALL T1 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 3000 , WILL GO TO 2000.
B. MEDIUM T1 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 4000 WILL GO TO 2500.
C. LARGE T1 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 5000 WILL GO TO 3000.

T2 value salvage (you get from etos, ecc and ewgd ) is being changed thusly: (no vip values entered)

A. SMALL T2 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 3000, WILL GO TO 4000.
B. MEDIUM T2 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 4000, WILL GO TO 5000.
C. LARGE T2 ITEMS NOW CURRENTLY AT 5000, WILL GO TO 6000.

+1, +2 UNDERDARK RINGS, GO FROM 3000 TO 2000.
+3,+4 UNDERDARK RINGS , GO FROM 6000 TO 4000.

WOOOOOOAHHHH , wait a minute, what does this mean please? Well here is a quick synopsis.

1. FINISH underdark campaign on any alts you plan on ever playing, as 100% of all those rings we salvaged from HES and ndemo and edemo, are now worth less, You simply will get less AFTER mod 10 starts doing it , then before. GOOD news, you can do it in about 2-3 days grind of doing all nemos +hes, so its not really time gated per day, just for as much as you can stand doing that content.

2. Its plain that t1s , a farming staple of many up to this point, will not return time invested as t2s will (the one caveat to all of this is GLYPHS will increase in pricing, blacks are up 2k this week, they will probably cap somewhere in the 5-6k PER desirable glyph coming up. Be prepared, ive saved a few dozen this last few weeks of grinding to save them. There is guild glyphs, but they do not cover many aspects of the game, so dragon ones are much more desirable.

3. CN gets a indirect nerf.. since 90% of the time you only get a blue ring or two.. CN actually return less then doing t2s AT any point. (weird I know) CN was always dependent on RNG factor, ORCUS shard will probably go up, if you dont have one and want it, buy it now, people will be busy and CN will be run less in the next few weeks.

4. T2's will be our new bread and butter staple for grinding and farming for multi runinning. Dont panic, we are just getting started!

5. WITH this new value, it may be more worthwhile to empty your bags of salvage NOW, then wait for the ever impending double AD weekend, we may get , at some time, somewhere, in the future, as sort of hinted at. HOWEVER, that is totally up to you, you could wait till the last day just to make sure, or you could hold unto the salvage , it will still be worth more then current salvage in a double weekend, just worth less if you want to convert some salvage to AD quickly.

INVOKE is getting another change... ! BE prepared to adjust your daily routines.

1. Invoke will no longer impart direct rough AD after the first invoke. Instead each sequential invoke, gives you a bonus for AD earned on that toon afterwards, , it appears this bonus doesnt wipe away until the end of the month, but that still seems a little foggy to me.

2. IF you have been invoking on say 20-50 toons, you will probably lose out in the new system, as the sheer # of toons you did, brought back a tremendous amount of rough AD every day, this is simply gone.

3. What the new system does do, say you play regularly 4-5-6 toons, and invoked say up to ten-15 toons daily, well SIR, MA'AM this change actually benefits you! How? Easy, with the daily bonuses you earn more for regularly completing dungeons, once you have a backlog of ROUGH ad on your mains (I have 3-4 now with 100-500k backlogs) you simply TAKE the salvage you get from running t2s and such and put them in your shared bank or mail box, swap out to the ALT toons, take it and salvage it.. you will earn more for each of these then you would invoking in the old system.

4. BUT BUT.. I had one of those 50 invoke accounts.. Well, it wont be worth it , do it once per toon, then do like ten through the invokes, I doubt people will need more then that ever per se. Sorry, there are always winners and loosers in these sort of changes.

WAIT there is more, if you play GF, SW, HR, your all getting major changes, your current build styles are undergoing some changes and most likely what you have today, will not do what you want it to do anymore.

I CANT possible break down these classes, you will have to go to the preivew forums, just some quick hit highlights as such.

GF, ITF is toned down alot , no longer tied to your DR , maximum at rank 4 = 30.
Anvil of Doom, no longer doubles damage below 40% on a burst hit, instead gives you a D.O.T component at full damage again over 5 seconds.

HR, many changes, but the largest is swiftness of the fox feat was "fixed" , this results in much less cool-downs on most typical feats, but frankly I CANT even start getting into the many , many , many changes.. go to the forums if you play this class as your main.

SW, damnation, is damned.. its out, the line offers not much above leveling per se, it wont do enough damage to worry about (pet goes from like 400-500k hits down to 150k or so ). Fury is back in, temptation, maybe. sorta be ok, its not my favorite line in the game though. MF is fixed in terms of bugged damage, TT is being changed, drastically.. to get damage out of this class now it appears to be all about fury capstone.

both GWF gets a few things changed, but its not really balance changes, more things are getting changed that were shared with the GF. None of them impacts the GWF all that much.

DC, weapons of light only shares base power now, no more super looping effects, though whether its toned down enough , we will wait and see.

THERE is new armors coming, IF you were thinking of buying armors this week.. STOP, WAIT, be patient. Dont make decisions until mod 10 roles out, it appears you will need some sort of everfrost (damage component in new area) resistance to play there.

There maybe more, but this WAS supposed to be a quick-hits summary of stuff, you can FIND more by going to the preview server and reading the preview forums yourself.

Mod edited title to remove shouty caps.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Great list silverkelt, thanks for this.

The most important take-aways I see here?

1: Deep Breath
    2: Don't Panic
    3: Be Patient

• Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Thank you Silverkelt--very useful summary.

One thing I think is really interesting with the change to the salvage is the drive towards more difficult content. You mention the dungeons that will take a hit on the number of people running them, and list the T1s and CN as some that will be affected.

Inadvertently (or secretly planned), Tiamat might regain popularity since it tends to hand out T2 items. A '12 minute' skirmish for a guaranteed T2 item the first time you play it that week is a pretty good rate of return. (It might even be a guaranteed T2 every time--i forget).

I agree that this will change the play style of many players, but I believe there are at least two tiers of players out there. The players that play at the level of sophistication of many of the forum posters will most likely gravitate away from T1 dungeons. The casual and pug players will most likely just absorb the 'hit' to their AD source, and continue to play the lower dungeons.

Of course those players that are new and don't have T2 or better equipment will play the T1 dungeons until they are properly geared.

As far as when to panic? Hmmmmmmm. No idea :-)

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Should I salvage the old level 60 T2 armors that I still keep around before or after m10?
    That is, if they are certainly not efficient any more like HV or HP set.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    kvet said:

Great list silverkelt, thanks for this.

The most important take-aways I see here?

1: Deep Breath
    2: Don't Panic
    3: Be Patient

I am not going to panic, I have plenty of shotgun shells and canned food stored away. However no matter how many times we tell players who read the forums ... there are always so many that won't. You know the ones, those who treat the game like a 3D chat room and don't bother to keep up to date on current events. There will be panic on the day of release, and people will flee their homes, and the forum will be swamped with the usual "I quit" or "I don't actually pay anything but I want a refund" topics. Yes good times are ahead. I have a HR and some others I don't have time to play. Lots of work, work, work for this person. Maybe things will slow down again this winter but I doubt it. I imagine the moderators will get a workout on this module's release.

Time to get coffee and get woke up, I forgot to say....

Good Morning!
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    For those of us who had a dozen toons and relied upon invoke AD to save us from spending time we don't have running boring-as-hell dungeons over and over again, this is a sad mod, indeed. Some sort of account wide limit on invoke AD earned per day seems like it would have been a lot easier.
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Do you need any black ice for this new mod?
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Do you need any black ice for this new mod?

No, you just have to farm relics instead. Same mechanism, different name, same additional grind required to maintain your shiny new gear. It hasn't happened on the Preview Server but the Devs have hinted that you will require a certain amount of Everfrost Resistance to enter Fangbreaker Island when it goes live and you may need to have it well charged to survive the fights once you get there.

• Options
    There is no need to salvage the old sets, I would wait on those, they will be worth alot in a double AD event. you have kept them this long.

Im sure, they didnt use black ice, because many of us wouldve prefarmed that HAMSTER and had it over with (gawd I hate redoing this "IWD" redux. )

It is a hit to those who have alot of slots opened.. I had 39-40 opened, however, I only ever invoked on 13-15 at max.. ever. ITS not like manually invoking was FUN either.

I tried to do all of mine once.. got alot of those toons up to like lvl 20 or something.. but quit after that. Just wasnt my thing.

13 toons with invokes + professions is enough in game time for me .. its 20-30 mins as it is.

• Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    THX for destroy last GF's on server -.-
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    With all the class rework, any class getting a free respec?
  • Options
    groglastgroglast Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I've been hording salvage in the hopes that we'll have a 2x AD event before 2017.

Will the salvage value change affect items I already have in my bank right now? Or will the salvage value change only apply to items I acquire after mod 10 goes live?

If it's going to change all the stuff I already have I will go ahead and salvage the items that are going to lose value. Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    groglast said:

I've been hording salvage in the hopes that we'll have a 2x AD event before 2017.

Will the salvage value change affect items I already have in my bank right now? Or will the salvage value change only apply to items I acquire after mod 10 goes live?

If it's going to change all the stuff I already have I will go ahead and salvage the items that are going to lose value. Thanks in advance for any replies.

It applies to everything you already have.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    The final armor you can get in mod 10 is (if charged to lvl 3) more powerful than the masterwork armor, at least for my TR. The stats gets distributed differently, so you might want to hold on to other enchantments to balance out your skills.

Plus, you can start to make enforcement stuff (professions) for the new armor as well, as that still costs a lot (still same price on the preview server).

• Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    Wow thanks for the list! Gonna start hoarding those glyphs then as a certain white and black is my fav lol. Kits aka eggs and unified might spike a lil then too hmm.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Everyone keeps forgetting all the other salvageable stuff....

Stronghold HEs - Companion gear.
    Belts/Rings - Going from 6000 to 4000
    Icons/Talismans/Grimoires/Sword Knots - Going from 8000 to 4000 (yeah, nerf hammer me baby!)

BUT WAIT! Did you read Silver's piece on Invoke changes?

Seriously, did you. Re-read it again.

So, when you SALVAGE on an alt, you get 50% bonus from the AD pool you've created after Invoking in Mod 10. It stacks up to 100k (the AD pool).

When you take all the salvage changes and apply a 50% bonus - you get the following:

T1 Small - 3000
    T1 Med - 3750 (Still lower than Mod 9)
    T1 Large - 4500 (Still lower than Mod 9_
    +1/+2 Rings - 3000

So, your Underdark rings (+1/+2) and T1 smalls (belt, necks, rings) are going to be THE SAME AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW in salvage amounts, ONCE you factor in the invoke bonus.

So - if you have lots of alts, and are going to get your invoke AD by salvaging, don't go an burn through all your stores now. Everyone whinging about the CN drop nerf - you are going to get the same amount with your invoke pool. Calm down!
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    Yeah with new invok system, T1 drops are has actualy the same value and T2 drops valeu has increased. It just more rewarding for playing the game than juste invoking on X amount of chars. CN was quiet a nerf actualy, i hoped they would add new drops to compensate.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Except before you'd have gotten all that invoke AD and the full salvage amount. So it's still a nerf.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Is there a link to see the new armors? There is a post from a developer that they are changing stats on armors i.e. "raid" armor will contain power/crit, assault will be recovery/crit ect, similar how it is in mastercrafting now, correct me if I am wrong. Also, whats the deal with the armors being rechargable? Do the armors have an expiration date or what?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    uzala said:

Is there a link to see the new armors? There is a post from a developer that they are changing stats on armors i.e. "raid" armor will contain power/crit, assault will be recovery/crit ect, similar how it is in mastercrafting now, correct me if I am wrong. Also, whats the deal with the armors being rechargable? Do the armors have an expiration date or what?

I've only the copy for DC armor but if you want i've included the pics below. There is 4 PvE sets (2 of which are from Tradebar/Zen Store similar to the Dusk set we have atm) and 4 PvP sets (2 sets are from Tradebars/Zen Store again). All the info are from preview and are SUBJECTED to change if Cryptic wishes.

2 PvE non-Tradebar Sets: Lighttender Restoration and Raid Sets

2 PvP non-Tradebar Sets: Prestige Medic and Duelist Sets

2 PvE Tradebar Sets: Frostborn Restoration and Raid Sets (I didn't get the pics on the Helm and Arms)

2 PvP Tradebar Sets: Frostborn Restoration and Raid Sets (I didn't get the pics on the Helm and Arms)
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Thanks alot for the pics ichimaruginx. Although the set bonuses doesn't seem that great, think the stats should make up for it, specially if the recent changes will be applied.
    Anyone know if the recharging of the pve set pieces is a very time consuming affair?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    oh just great :(
    devs is going to overflood us with more inventory junks that we dont have rooms for it.
  • Options
    Pretty much.

the kicker here is that you will not want to use this armor outside of everfrost as its a pain to keep the empowerment up on several alts thats for sure.

I hate this system, always have and wish they would dump it.

• Options
    uzala said:

Thanks alot for the pics ichimaruginx. Although the set bonuses doesn't seem that great, think the stats should make up for it, specially if the recent changes will be applied.
    Anyone know if the recharging of the pve set pieces is a very time consuming affair?

You're welcomed :) For more info about the new mod you can go here.

And I think it would be similar to those of BI sets but I haven't tested it out personally.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Thank you. Good analysis, with useful tips.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Pretty much.

the kicker here is that you will not want to use this armor outside of everfrost as its a pain to keep the empowerment up on several alts thats for sure.

I hate this system, always have and wish they would dump it.

Its effectively gating content w/ not just a gear grind, but w/ gear maintenance. Not a player-friendly system at all- its there to slow down content completion and give the devs breathing room to work on other things (if ya want to be optimistic about it- the more cynical side is too jaded/negative for me the mention here, but ya can prob surmise it).
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Is there anything about the empowerment stats that forces you to empower it (e.g. lower everfrost resistance)? Would be hilarious if they build this up as part of the mod and there's no real reason to empower your gear.
    I8r4ux9.jpg