test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best use of time between lvl 60 to 70

Hey guys, just looking for some friendly advice on what I should be doing as a level 60 TR working my way upto 70. I did google around, but a most of what I found seemed outdated info.

So, i'm at 60, but still have a two or three story zones left (just finished Rothe valley). Should I bother finishing those, and the main story? Or just look to be getting better gear and big chunks of xp in order to get to 70?

I did kick off the EE. I also didn't realize you could do the ToD campaign at lower level, so i've dipped a toe in there even though the rewards seem a bit meh for a level 60.

Any advice would be super appreciated and welcome! Specially in regards to what I should be running, and what gear I should be looking/grinding for. I dropped a large chunk of AD on a purple dagger, only for the first drop from EE to outshine it, so trying to avoid mistakes like that!

Comments

• Options
    grimpler27grimpler27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My advice (also a TR) is to grind away at the ToD campaign dailies to get access to the boons (you're right the gear is worthless at 60+). As you progress farther the currency rewards from the dailies can be used to purchase much better gear.

As far as leveling, the EE campaign isn't too hard and should get you to 70 around the time you finish the second area or begin the third (I should finish the second area tonight and I expect to be 68 or maybe 69).

I took a stab at the other level 60 campaigns and found them to be pretty rough and couldn't progress much at all. I figure once I finish EE the boons/gear/levels should make all the difference in the other 60 campaigns and once I finish those the 70 campaigns shouldn't be too hard.

As far as skipping the story zones I would say yes, skip them and come back later if you want to. I skipped at least three zones toward the end just so I wasn't already overleveled for the zone and left the Whispering Caves (? - the last one) 1/2 finished as soon as I hit 60 to start EE. Keep in mind the EE zones do have level caps (each one a few levels higher than the last) but finishing each is worth it for the boons and the gear is worth it as a stepping stone to end game.

Please note: As I mentioned above I am still working my through this phase of the game myself. From my personal experience and the reading I've done the advice above should be sound.
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Yeah, you shouldn't be buying gear till 70.

Your main focus should be EE. Do the daily ToD campaign step, pick up the guild stronghold dailies and beyond those grind out EE. As you've found, you'll get good gear. You'll get much higher XP per quest there than the older zones, you cross off your guild X quests and X kills really quickly, and you're moving the campaign along. I generally do a second dungeon on top of the guild daily for the AD, and especially with the 2xAD weekend I do the two skirmishes as well.
  • Options
    This is super helpful guys, thank you for answering. Great advice!

I'm guessing most people over level for those last few 'main story' zones which is kind of shame.
  • Options
    rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Been wondering the same too. I just got to 60 and I dunno where to start. A lot of quests appeared in PE but I have no idea if I should do those or what. Already did one quest related with the tree in the middle of the town and got some lvl60 stuff but they seem pretty meh.. Got a lot of questions tbh as I started playing last sunday but I guess I'll wait until I can create a thread. Thanks for these tips btw :)
  • Options
    mcslackin#3715 mcslackin Member Posts: 2 New User
    null
    Check out my stream McSlackin i stream everyday UTC-7. I give tips and pointers as well as my guild does as well.

Exalted Guild Remains standing.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If I skipped the last few zones because I am over-levelled, would I miss out on anything important like a free bag, gear, mount or companion etc?

Any key quests that shouldn't be missed?
  • Options
    finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    As soon as I turned 60 I started the 2 level 60 campaigns, I think everyone does that
  • Options
    tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    EE and ToD daily quest. Can also do the dwarves king which technically starts maze engine and underdark. You don't have to do it but it's free refinement materials and an artifact. Skip those pre 60 zones go back to them if you want not missing anything important.