test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get an answer on *when* 2xAD is coming back?

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Yall owe us a 2xAD from last winter that was cancelled & promised to make a return after the economy was examined.
With major changes coming to salvage can we at least get an answer on if that will happen before or after the new mod?
It's been a really long time but we have not forgotten.....

It seems reasonable to get some solid information on this pleazor and thank you.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Okay I found this, thank you Andy:

I heard somewhere that there's a rumor of 2x AD never coming back. This is untrue! 2x AD will be coming back in the future. The exact timing I can't say though. Not up to me :(.

Still, we've been waiting to get back to the future for over 6 months now, coming up on a year, some info on before/after Mod 10/ August 16 would be appreciated with all the changes happening.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    6 months is a short wait in Cryptic-time.

If you're lucky you might see this when mod 10 hits, with the invoke changes nerfing another AD source.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    You choose between never and longer.
    There is no logic in 2xAD event on PC, as there are lots of AD generated by players. See ZAX, when rate drops to ~250-300, you can expect eventually they to consider it.
  • Options
    akoran#4212 akoran Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    salvage isn't being nerfed though, its being buffed technically
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Salvage of blues are being nerfed.
  • Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User

Only T2 gets buffed. T1 and even +3 and +4 rings get nerfed.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It does look like they are still working on fighting bots. :( With the upcoming changes to invoking, they will probably want to see what that does to the economy. Probably not what you want to hear, but that is probably what they are thinking.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    If these acts was against bots, then why they do it also on console versions of this game? (no bots there)
    I think it's more about company income -> if we make less AD playing the game, more we have to spend money.
    Personally i would gladly pay monthly few euros or larger amount for lifetime membership.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,097 Arc User
    They do it so that it is the same on each platform.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited July 2016

If these acts was against bots, then why they do it also on console versions of this game? (no bots there)
    I think it's more about company income -> if we make less AD playing the game, more we have to spend money.
    Personally i would gladly pay monthly few euros or larger amount for lifetime membership.

There are bots on consoles, cant speak for playstation but those little gnomes definitely dwell on xbox as well. Dont tell me you did not notice those low lvl jerks continually spamming the Protectors enclave with their 3rd party websites.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    i don't think it is their way to fight bots...look at the PE chat, for example, there's no reduction in spammers even after all RP was removed from nodes.
    I think this is their way to make new players to spend cash, since they can only run low level content (and those low level content are the ones that drop blues for salvage)
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

You have to play for 2 - 3 hours to get the buff 0.o

• Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User

You have to play for 2 - 3 hours to get the buff 0.o

No no, not that "buff". You're talking about the invocation bonus. I am talking about the base values. They are decreased for +1 - +4 rings as well as T1 gear but increased for T2 gear. Not sure about +5 rings.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My guess is they'll have one more 2x AD on the same week they introduce the invoke changes. The purpose of that is to prevent players from stacking up weeks of invokes first and force them to bust through all of their salvage.

After that I suspect they'll get rid of 2 x AD altogether, saying it's unnecessary due to the extra salvage rate from the new invokes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

My guess is they'll have one more 2x AD on the same week they introduce the invoke changes. The purpose of that is to prevent players from stacking up weeks of invokes first and force them to bust through all of their salvage.

Why do they want to do that?
    The salvage value of the base value of most items will be dropped significantly.

If you salvage after the change, you lose AD for most salvageable regardless you take the bonus or not. People will have to salvage most of the salvageable (except couple type) before the change so that they won't lose AD. People already has enough incentive to salvage most before the invoke change. They don't need 2xAD to provide extra encouragement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kreatyve said:

It does look like they are still working on fighting bots. :( With the upcoming changes to invoking, they will probably want to see what that does to the economy. Probably not what you want to hear, but that is probably what they are thinking.

Honestly I'd be happy to get a definitive answer if it's not going to happen before mod 10 I can make some decisions based on that. Ty @kreatyve for some input
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

Honestly I'd be happy to get a definitive answer if it's not going to happen before mod 10 I can make some decisions based on that. Ty @kreatyve for some input
    Please don't take that answer as official, for all I know they could be planning on adding one in, but with mod 10 dropping in just a few weeks, I don't really see that happening.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My guess is, that they wait for the fluff for then invoke and salvage nerf. If it is to much there will be a 2xAD WE combined with a friendly form of 'here you go an now shut up'.

BTW everyone with base math skills can come to the conclusion, that it is a nerf. The fact, that in a few scenarios you might end up with more AD does not change the overall numbers.

Look at the things you salvage. If you are not a T2 nerd who despises underdark, your salvageable loot will be 8/10 T1 gear, necklaces or rings.

Please don't circumvent the profanity filter. Thanks!
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Please don't take that answer as official, for all I know they could be planning on adding one in, but with mod 10 dropping in just a few weeks, I don't really see that happening.
    Yeah input vs. official :) I know! :)
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Can someone actually summarize the invoke changes. i've tried looking at the peview patch notes and it's not very clear beyond Invoking doesn't give AD anymore.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    Invoking
    carl103 said:

Can someone actually summarize the invoke changes. i've tried looking at the peview patch notes and it's not very clear beyond Invoking doesn't give AD anymore.

Invoking will grant you a pool of +50% AD that will apply to whatever (like 2 AD- salvaging, dungeon runs etc). The pool, therefore, is only useful insofar as you are running dungeons or have salvage- so giant invoking teams for AD will no longer be an effective way to make steady AD income. It's a *big* pool at least, but obviously this is a giant nerf for people who make a lot of AD simply via invoking. The pool will be tracked like 2xglory is with an icon on your toons.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    I agree, it would be nice to get a yes or no if they can have one before Mod 10 hits. It doesn't look good but i would go a long way to digest those salvage nerfs
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"