test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to my OP Tank Paladin? Nerf to Damage Resistance?

saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
My OP Tank Pally cant tank a T2 dungeon anymore... I'm 3k IL. What did you do to him in the last 4 weeks????
I'm taking 300k damage now? when did this start happening, my damage resistance was so high it took maybe a fourth of my Temp hit points instead of 1 or 2 shotting me... how are we supposed to tank dungeons now? I need to ask other Tank paladins out there, is anyone else experiencing the same thing? did your paladin used to be able to tank t2 dungeons a few weeks ago and now gets knocked down by the trash mobs?

I was able to tank perfectly fine even after the bubble nerf. I was able to tank just fine over a month ago. now I'm playing a squishy waste of time and some money. I'm not happy I'm being forcefully driven from my favorite D&D class just so I can be part of a good group again. I see one of my guild members is experiencing the same thing, so I know its not just me...

Anyone else out there experience this massive difference to survive-ability?

<SHADRA> Guild House currently open: NW-DBSTUHWLT

Comments

• saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Please dont move my comment, I already posted something in bugs incase its a bug. I"m trying to here from the other paladins who actually look here. and I see no comments already here, makes me think someones moving them off the forums (cuz I cant find anything at all) or just moving them to a dark hole somewhere where no one can find it.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i play on XB1, and i have not noticed any problem at all. are you on PC?

i am 2.5k IL right now. i struggle on orcus, ONLY if he starts lagging out and throwing everyone's timing off. a couple of days ago i tanked scorpions in eLoL without binding oath or templar's wrath. i used shield of faith for my daily, and relied on lifesteal and boons procing to heal myself and the party. our cleric was full righteous with a lower IL than me, so not much heals coming from his divine glow. i did drop once, but that was my own fault.

not to be too misleading about my IL, i do have a +4 sudden defense on my companion, with 2 rank 9 bonding stones, and 1 rank 8. also a +4 sudden defense on my character, and it helps a lot with my current short comings for DR.

is this happening in multiple dungeons for you?
    do you always run with the same party?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • obsidiatryxobsidiatryx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Give us some clues to help diagnose the issues. 1) Where are you playing? Dungeons, open areas? 2) What type of gear do you have? 3) What is happening and what does your rotation look like when you get squished? 4) Are you using Sanctuary regularly? 5) has your team configuration been changed significantly?

The quick knee-jerk answer (most often wrong) is that there's a change either in gear, or in playstyle. Lets take a look and see what could be going on.
    --------

Benyr d'Lawgood - 3.2k Healadin - Build
    Blackruby d'Fallenangel - 2.2k TR (PVE)

--------
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    this sounds like lag/delay , it happens sometimes to me too ... ask your party mate who has no lag this...did you stood there does nothing but taking hits ?

sometimes on your screen sees no lag but there is couple of secs delay
  • saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I'm on PC, Any T2 dungeon, I haven't played any T1's in while. I've got full set of elemental burning gladiator, (Item level 137/piece). it is a PVP set, but that has never mattered before. I havent played in a week, jumped on tonight to see if any fixes yet... :(
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i'm not sure there is anything to be fixed? i ran around WoD soloing epic heroics... without binding oath or templar's wrath, and never died.

maybe post your stats, or if you can post a vid of you dropping?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • kozilek1989kozilek1989 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    you are going to need a PVE set,the pvp set's are tailored towards pvp and have stats that are lacking for pve,if you have a guild run for some elemental pieces and work on getting your DF gear when your guild does dragons,also should post what your char artifacts and stats are so we can have a better idea of what to help you with.
    Post edited by kozilek1989 on