test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How much Astral Diamonds does 1 Zen cost?

I don't really have much Astral Diamonds.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    The exchange changes almost every minute, you just need to look while in the gameto see the current rate of exchange.
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    But usually, it's 500 astral diamonds for one zen.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited July 2016

That's only on PC, lol. PS4, was like 150 AD per 1 Zen last I heard. PS4 will take quite a long time (a year or longer probably) before it reaches 500. 500 is the max.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

What are you looking at, the PC exchange? It's not even close to that.

It's been around 200-220, but has dropped to around 150. Was 147 a little while ago.
    No I am looking at the console version , someone posted a video . But yes I know it fluctuates.

edited July 2016

No I am looking at the console version , someone posted a video . But yes I know it fluctuates.

But that's what it stared out as. "rolls eyes" so don't blame me I didn't make the video. Besides according to a lot of you all the versions are the same PC,Ps4,xbone right? That what the majority are saying, don't IF it;s all that trustworthy info. But I digress.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the xbox is only close after the fall of the market due to the coalgate thing. before that it had been consistantly low. then people stopped buying zen and the price skyrocketed. last I looked it was about 360
  • warppigeon#7444 warppigeon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hi, I'm at work, but early this morning i saw it was slumped to an all time low around 140 AD per Zen.

Anyone able to log in and see what its at now?

it normally bounces back as players log on for peak times. currently. so last night a slight rise as the Aus/Asia logged in 164 to 165 AD per zen. then continuous decline.

i expect around 1pm to 3pm it'll peak (people not at work, likely playing fully F2P, wanting Zen, waking up logging in and earning a bit of AD to buy ZEN with)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It has been around 200'or less.
  • bpm05#5414 bpm05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I need help with the exchange. It always takes thousands of diamonds for just 100zen. When the price is like 100 Zen for 155 diamonds.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I need help with the exchange. It always takes thousands of diamonds for just 100zen. When the price is like 100 Zen for 155 diamonds.

It's not 100 Zen for 155 diamonds. You are requesting 100 Zen at 155 AD each, which would make it 15500 AD.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fivesix#2273 fivesix Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2016

But that's what it stared out as. "rolls eyes" so don't blame me I didn't make the video. Besides according to a lot of you all the versions are the same PC,Ps4,xbone right? That what the majority are saying, don't IF it;s all that trustworthy info. But I digress.

They are basically the same. The AD Exchange is determined by player economy though, so it fluctuates. That's not a PC to PS4 game difference, it's a community difference.

I'd be curious to see who buys more Zen with real money though. Computer, XBone, or PS4?
    Post edited by fivesix#2273 on
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

There is only one person who thinks they are the same..Strum. Not sure if he still thinks that but he couldn't be more incorrect and this is a prime example. There will always be differences, as much as they want us to believe there wont. The only way to eliminate that is to combine all 3 platforms to one server...when that happens, GOOOOD LUCK console guys.
  • fivesix#2273 fivesix Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Yeah, no way that'd work. The targeting of a mouse and such would demolish controllers.
  • animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    it goes up and down it hasnt been out long enogh to be stable right now its at 146

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Its simple economics really. Over time more and more astral diamonds will build up (even accounting for spending), so their value decreases. On the PS4 right now there's a much more limited supply of AD than xbox or PC so they're worth more and thus it takes less AD to buy ZEN. It'll trend up over the long run, but I'd expect a fair amount of fluctuation atm.

150 on the dot right now. Was 170+ a couple days ago.

• bandrashubandrashu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The last time I checked it (yesterday) it was like 125AD/1 ZEN. I guess it is about to hit the minimum soon seeing that on other platforms the exchange rate is a lot higher.
  • warppigeon#7444 warppigeon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    if it ever hits <100 i might have to invest a serious amount of diamonds. At worse it'll drop down to the fixed minimum of 50 before it bounds back up, and at best it'll rise back up rapidly after the double AD weekend

it was 110 to 120AD per zen past few days, how is it looking now?
  • manemjeff#1030 manemjeff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    For me, it always hits an all time low around 117 AD in 6 AM on the east coast.
  • hellena#1559 hellena Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    120 last I seen
  • darkcult#2246 darkcult Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Yep, around 120-125 last night (EU PS4).
  • nicodemisfinch#1513 nicodemisfinch Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    EDIT: PS4 On 8/3/16 the price dipped below 120 AD while I was playing in the evening. The price didn't rise to 130 AD last night because I had an order waiting and it hadn't sold when I checked this morning. I read that the price of ZEN will probably rise with the 2X AD event. I think it also rises on weekends. (This will only be my second weekend.) Basically, when lots of people are playing and spending AD to buy Zen to then buy stuff, the price of Zen rises.
  • lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'll rather keep my diamonds, thank you. Since it's more valuable to me than gold, zen and every other currencies.
    We should close this thread now. I got my answer, thanks.
  • surenas#2340 surenas Member Posts: 7 New User
    Just as a bit of background information for those wondering about the discrepancy between the exchange rate on different consoles, the reason for the difference is that on PC and Xbox players have more Astral Diamonds (AD) because they have been playing for longer, which means they need to pay more AD for a single Zen token.

On all consoles Admin have imposed a limit of 500 AD to 1 Zen token.