test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Strange Merchant - Foundry Quest

nthjasnthjas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm stuck. I'm supposed to find Captain Grash, and I've been over the entire map and triggered everything that is there, and still there's a couple of portcullises blocking the way. What am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There could be many things wrong. It could be something you are missing or it could be a broken quest.

With foundry missions, you really need to do some research. There are so many things that can go wrong and so very few get properly play tested. To make things even worse, in most cases major game updates and changes have a way or breaking perfectly functional and working foundry missions. Missions that might of been working fine for months or years, suddenly can get broken in new and interesting ways.

Because of this, you really need to check a few things before playing any foundry. Read the reviews, and pay note to the dates. Where the reviews recent? Then there is a good chance the foundry can be completed. Reviewers might even leave solutions to problems in their reviews. On the other hand if there have been no reviews posted in a very long time, It could indicate that the quest is broken. If no one can complete it, it cant be reviewed. You can also look at the foundry to see when it was published and when it was last edited. If it has not been touched by the author in a very long time, it could indicate that it might be out of date and most likely broken. This is especially true if new module has been released after the last edit date.

Beyond all that, the only other suggestion I can offer is to try to contact the author. If the foundry has been edited recently, there is a good chance the author still plays and should be able to help with the quest. If the author no longer plays, however, there is really nothing more anyone can do to help. Cryptic will not fix abandoned or broken foundries, they wont even pull them from the catalog. Just note the quest and avoid it in the future.
  • Options
    Thanks sockmunkey. I'd completed two others for the same area and I guess I got lulled into a false sense of security.
  • Options
    As it turns out it isn't broken, the pathfinder is very misleading for the level (Xaen's Fortified Basement) that I was hung up in. If anyone else gets stuck in the same place, don't trust it and run your pointer over EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    eros#1135 eros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am stuck there as well do you know where I need to move the pointer to?