test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

porting characters from PC to console

Currently there is no way to port your characters from the PC servers to the console servers... when you link your account(s), it links it for security and game support, but not for actually porting all of your characters and gear! This seems so crazy to me... and perhaps it is far more difficult than I can even imagine, but porting your characters, gear, and progression within the game from the PC over to the console was the major appeal to me. When I linked the accounts and realized that nothing was ported over, I contacted support who confirmed that it was not possible.

Surely I am not the only one out there who thinks that is insane!!! The only reason I even downloaded Neverwinter on my PS4 was so that I could play with my characters from my PC account. Does anyone know if there are plans in the future for the ability to transfer your characters/gear from the PC account over to the console account? What do you all think? Is this a common occurrence when PC games finally translate to console and maybe I just never cared enough about the game before to notice?

Anyway. It would be really cool to learn that there were plans in the future to have this be an actual possibility or even a reality. What do you all think?

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    This has been answered countless times. There are currently no plans to do that.
  • laqueefa69laqueefa69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    appreciate the reply. didnt know it was answered multiple times, but good to know; means others DO agree and feel the same. Would be cool if it was requested enough by the community that it would be implemented ;-)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

appreciate the reply. didnt know it was answered multiple times, but good to know; means others DO agree and feel the same. Would be cool if it was requested enough by the community that it would be implemented ;-)

I doubt that they would ever implement it, even if half the community requested it. There are too many reasons against it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • laqueefa69laqueefa69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I doubt that they would ever implement it, even if half the community requested it. There are too many reasons against it.
    Not being cheeky.... but what are some of the reasons? Not very technical here, so again... I could be requesting something that is next to impossible and not even realize it. xD
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Do you really want PC players with potentially hundreds of millions of AD wrecking the PS4 market?

Do you want players with unobtainable legacy gear bringing that over to basically a fresh game?

No good can come from dumping veteran players with veteran gear into a completely new economy. Especially not one that has suffered and is still struggling with a legacy of exploits as the PC has. You should be happy you wont have to deal with that.

The other big issue is updates. PC and consoles are not in sync. PC gets the updates first. But it also means they get the problems, the crashes, the downtime and the hotfixes first. Do you all really want to be a part of that mess? Do you honestly think Cryptic is capable or willing to patch 3 seperate platforms all at once?

That alone pretty much rules out character porting. How would you deal with a PC player playing in mod 10, with mod 10 balance and gear, moving over to another platform running mod 9?
  • solsticexisolsticexi Member Posts: 26 Arc User

Its not that they agree with it, they were just being ignorant.

Think about the repercussions of letting PC players port over their characters to a new environment and economy then you will likely understand why they intended not to do cross-platform gameplay.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Just think what it could do to the Zen exchange. Port over from PC with a pile of diamonds, buy a boat load of Zen at less then 200 per unit, then port back to PC and sell at 500. Repeat as needed.

Even if they had a transfer fee to handle character port, you would still make money. Gold sellers would LOVE this.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    PC has had major AD exploits, leadership farms, bots, etc. The richest person on PS4 right now probably doesn't even come close to the average wealth of a PC player thats been around for a bit.

There are rumors of people with multiple accounts on PC, max characters, all maxed on AD and storage filled with RP.

Think, Bill Gates comes to the hood.....

This would destroy any semblance of economy on the PS4 in a heartbeat.

The only way to make this even remotely workable would be to strip the toon down completely. At that point, would it really matter?
  • shepherd#8623 shepherd Member Posts: 5 New User
    that will be unfair to other players, and the version is different between platforms