test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to Level Artifacts to Mythic. ^-^

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Guides
This Guide will be updated once the changes hit for Xbox so I may see the new Rp system, though Ive been told it's more tedious with the new version, so try your best to finish most artifacts to mythic before-hand.
Mythic articfacts
This isn't going to be that hard to do, but I wanted to make this anyway so I can direct people to a guide to do so. :3 It's simply going to cover the most RP saving way to rank all four of your Artifacts to mythic, without a big waste of AD. The more RP you have and AD in your pocket the better, no? ^•^

Requirements

5x Feeder Artifacts
2x Refinement Points Event
185,735rp per mythic

Basic steps behind it

[Feeder #1] - Used 185,735rp
R52 - Base vaule is 91,750rp 1x, but into a similar artifact, during 2x is 10x.
10x - 917,500rp
[Throw feeder 1 into Feeder 2]

[Feeder #2]
R76 - Base Value is 239,950
10x - 2,399,500rp
[Throw Feeder 2 into Feeder 3]

[Feeder #3]
R91 - Base Value is 472,830rp
10x - 4,728,300rp
[Throw Feeder 3 into Feeder 4]

[Feeder #4]
R105 - Base Value is 704,430rp
10x - 7,044,300rp
[Throw Feeder 4 into Feeder 5]

[Feeder #5]
R119 - Base Value is 1,050,930rp
10x - 10,509,300rp
[Throw Feeder 5 into your needed mythic artifact]

Notes (Read them!)

You must upgrade the feeders everytime they reach the "ready to upgrade" or you'll lose out on rp.
Only use the same type of feeders, Union to Union etc, same goes for the last feeder going into your artifact.

Anything that is off, please write it down below an it'll be fixed. ^.^ If you wish to know the marks needed to get to these mythics, please visit my other guide, All marks n' cost , R12's, equipment, and artifacts
Post edited by ltsmithneko on

Comments

• indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    You can roll an artifact that way, which works but does cost more marks, or if someone can explain to me how to link videos from my gt, i can show you how to use 3 feeders (and luck) to make 1 mythic. It was a 10.8m crit into my artifact lol.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Did you do a cost comparison on marks & wards versus Indys method?

I believe your method requires 20 GMOPs and appx 8 GMOUs (if union) to get to rank 139 plus enough wards to cover 3 x 10% upgrades - so lets say 30. Plus the 5 artifacts.

Still going with union, I'd estimate the total price to be around 750k-800k AD

With Indys previously posted method it would currently require: 7 GMOPS & appx 4 GMOUs and 10 wards if rng is equal. Add the cost of 6 arti's and I estimate it to be around 650k-700k AD.

Of course, the other method requires 4 times as much RP but R5 enchs are one of the most available resources. Speaking as someone who's recently upgraded 12 artifacts (multiple characters) using Indys method, I didn't buy any refinement for them at all.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I preffer not the use of luck, I'd prefer a 100% chance. :3
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Would you use your method if refining to mythic without double RP? There are rare occasions where you might want to do this. I always struggle about using so many feeder artifacts or just biting the bullet and dumping RP straight into the artifact to be refined.
    shazza53 said:

Would you use your method if refining to mythic without double RP? There are rare occasions where you might want to do this. I always struggle about using so many feeder artifacts or just biting the bullet and dumping RP straight into the artifact to be refined.

You would need more artifacts that I said plus double the base rp used, so I wouldn't do it myself. :P
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User

shazza53 said:

You would need more artifacts that I said plus double the base rp used, so I wouldn't do it myself. :P

I agree it is best to wait for double RP. But, there are times when you don't want to wait e.g. - you win a Forgehammer and want to take it to mythic now :)

shazza53 said:

shazza53 said:

I agree it is best to wait for double RP. But, there are times when you don't want to wait e.g. - you win a Forgehammer and want to take it to mythic now :)

It'll cost a lot more... cx But, it's up to ya in the end. :3
    Also its worth noting with your outlined method you're doing 3 10% upgrades with preswards, and a 5% to get your mythic. At current ADX you'd assume maybe 200 preswards if you were lucky (this is where your method requires luck :p) is 560k in preswards. So unless your feeders are costing more than 170, my method would be cheaper... Thats also before factoring mark prices.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    indylol said:

Also its worth noting with your outlined method you're doing 3 10% upgrades with preswards, and a 5% to get your mythic. At current ADX you'd assume maybe 200 preswards if you were lucky (this is where your method requires luck :p) is 560k in preswards. So unless your feeders are costing more than 170, my method would be cheaper... Thats also before factoring mark prices.

Yep, I costed it at 100k per artifact, plus the current price on gmops/u's and wards - your method was about 100k cheaper - if rng goes against you then the difference increases depending on the number of wards used. I left out the final ranking from 139 to 140 as that would be the same cost for either method.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    @armadeonx

It actually came up before months n months ago here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3n86cl/xboxhow_to_refining_mythic_artifacts/cx7si1k

Mark prices were even higher back then so it was much less viable but the prices have got them nearly on par depending on RNG as you said.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • trainee#1794 trainee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    does anyone have an english version of this thanks
    Know the way the game is n' you'll know. :3
    Due to the recent changes(aka dungeon chest key changes) this is more viable than ever, marks cost practically nothing and feeders are going down everyday, along with the artifacts you may of sought after so enjoy yourselfs and get upgrading. :3<3
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    All these threads about Artifact Refinement are not worth a lot unless you point out the market situation they apply to. The whole process is dependent on:

a) The cost of the feeder
    b) The cost of Marks
    c) The cost of Refinement Points

When is this the best way to refine Artifacts? Low feeder cost, high RP cost? What is the average AD cost per RP you've calculated with? How much should Marks cost at worst?

Just throwing five Artifacts into each other might land you Mythic, but it's most likely not the the most efficient way to upgrade. I cannot recommend this method at all.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    Worked fine for me.

My main toon is RNG blessed when it comes to refining, that's why I prolly get HAMSTER from dungeons...ahahahahahahaha

I don't remember using more than 7 pres wards on any of my upgrades xD

Feeders and 2x RP was the way to go for me and it proved both fast and efficient.

Now that the prices of artis have dropped so dramatically I'm even thinking of upgrading a few more I have stacked into my bank. I've slotted 5 fey enchants and stacking R5s till the next 2xRP
    loboguild said:

All these threads about Artifact Refinement are not worth a lot unless you point out the market situation they apply to. The whole process is dependent on:

b) The cost of Marks

When is this the best way to refine Artifacts? Low feeder cost, high RP cost? What is the average AD cost per RP you've calculated with? How much should Marks cost at worst?

Just throwing five Artifacts into each other might land you Mythic, but it's most likely not the the most efficient way to upgrade. I cannot recommend this method at all.

Did all the math already as seen for the feeders, marks atm cost little to nothing, and you shouldn't have an issue getting the starting 185k rp, especially due to the treasure maps dropping Black Opals and Blood Rubies cheap. . ^-^
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

loboguild said:

b) The cost of Marks

Did all the math already as seen for the feeders, marks atm cost little to nothing, and you shouldn't have an issue getting the starting 185k rp, especially due to the treasure maps dropping Black Opals and Blood Rubies cheap. . ^-^
    The cost you're ignoring are the wards. It's cheaper to make two level 91-94 feeders especially since if the first one crits it can finish the artifact by itself. You can also buy some of your feeders at rank 30 at the same cost as a rank 1 artifact.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

loboguild said:

b) The cost of Marks

What he means is, that it depends on the market you are in. For example, in mod 8 on PC, a stack of rank 5s cost anywhere between 2.5-5k AD. It was cheaper to just straight up use rank 5s then to use feeders at those prices. I have a spreadsheet that takes into account cost of RP etc and then spits out the most efficient method, but meh, there are plenty of tools like that out there.

What you should do is update your post to say, "assuming these conditions are true this is the most efficient method," and then list how you do it, since this method is not universally the best.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

loboguild said:

b) The cost of Marks

What he means is, that it depends on the market you are in. For example, in mod 8 on PC, a stack of rank 5s cost anywhere between 2.5-5k AD. It was cheaper to just straight up use rank 5s then to use feeders at those prices. I have a spreadsheet that takes into account cost of RP etc and then spits out the most efficient method, but meh, there are plenty of tools like that out there.

What you should do is update your post to say, "assuming these conditions are true this is the most efficient method," and then list how you do it, since this method is not universally the best.
    The current market is 35-40k stacks of r5s (actually 58k now lol, but people will probably start posting when 2x hits and drive the price down) and 37-70k feeders (i.e. dirt cheap for everything but power artifacts) and even with that this guide isn't optimal.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ok I went through the godawful math of the whole process... Current PC prices on the Auction House for a Union Artifact (but type probably doesn't matter).

This guide:
    First to R52 -> Second -> Third -> Fourth -> Fifth -> Artifact

RP: 27,860 AD
    First Feeder: 48,276 AD
    Second Feeder: 104,354 AD
    Third Feeder: 104,354 AD
    Fourth Feeder: 306,774 AD
    Fifth Feeder: 306,774 AD
    Upgrading Artifact: 620,895 AD
    SUM: 1,519,257 AD

Optimal way:
    8x Feeder @ 42,000 AD refined to level 59 each
    1x Feeder @ 42,000 AD refined to level 44
    All -> Artifact

Feeder: 9 * 42,000 = 378,000 AD
    RP: 8 * 44,030 + 1 * 14,330 = 366,570 AD
    Feeder Upgrades from uncommon -> rare: 56,976 AD
    Upgrading Artifact: 620,895 AD
    SUM: 1,422,441 AD

General rules:
    • I have yet to experience a market situation where a feeder depth of >2 makes sense.
    • I have yet to experience a market situation where a feeder rank of > 99 makes sense.

This guide violates both of these rules. Please rename it as it is clearly not the best way to upgrade Artifacts to Mythic.​​
    Post edited by loboguild on
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    42,000 AD for a feeder? I wish! They are 200K + on xbox, closer to 300K during double refinement. Also the cost of RP is much closer to 1 AD per RP on Xbox. So I think we need a price point break down based on the real values for the different platforms or at what cost of feeders does the best method change.

I use a total of 7 artifacts typically. Two at 59 -> 1 to make 91-94, then a matching one and put the two resulting 91 and a 94 into a new keeper artifact. This uses a few extra marks and wards but with the cost of feeders being so high on xbox it is usually cheaper.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    no one on pc knows whats happening on xbox (for the most part) and vice versa.. the failure is cryptic decided to throw us all together..

which was a bad decision.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Here is another, similar, way to do it I posted on our guild's forum a while ago : http://darkpastry.enjin.com/forumalliance/m/39607166/viewthread/28288080-using-artifacts-as-feeders

Its does require 6 feeders, but there's no need to take em beyond epic.

Edit : I wanted to add that I didnt redo the math about cost, but with the low feeders prices nowaday on pc, it should be pretty cheap.

2 artifats at rank 99 is all you need for feeders

Math and cost bud. :3