test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quests/Zones you really should do

So I found out about stronghold quests yesterday which really levelled me quickly and I outlevelled the Neverwinter graveyard zone almost immediately. I'd read that this had an extra bag at the end though, so stuck around to finish the zone so I could get it. Now I'm done, I seem to have levelled past Helms Hold before even going there, as I now have a quest to go to Ebon Downs already.

I guess the question part of the post is, are there other quests/zones that we'd really want to do even if not needed for levelling purposes? Or from here on is it best to just move on when you're high enough?

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    There's not many you really HAVE to do, save for a specific questline in the Neverdeath Graveyard that grants you an extra bag. Other than that, everything is pretty much skippable.

I've pointedly avoided Helm's Hold and Vellosk because of the known issue with characters being frozen out there and haven't had to go to those areas due to speed of leveling.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Yeah, the only 2 that I consider must do zones are Blacklake for the bag and invoke unlock (first time) and Neverdeath for the Professions pack and bag. The must do additional questline is Tyranny of Dragons at level 26 and do it every day. Everything else is nice for the story, but no stand out rewards until after level 60.
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Oh awesome, thanks both of you. Yeah, it occurred to me that skipping Helms Hold might be a good idea anyway. I'll revisit on an alt sometime for the storyline.
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Agree with comments above. One thing I will mention is you get more xp in areas that are harder for you for example if you are say level 48 and fancy a challenge try out the chasm (which is a hateful place btw) and is designed for level 50+ you will get more xp here than staying in icespire peak and finishing that. It's nice to switch it up a bit too as the areas can get very boring. Dungeons also help with xp and of course AD. So run your two a day if you can. And Tyranny of Dragons - you can kill dragons in other areas even if you have not unlocked that bit on the campaign as you will still get heroic encounter reward to use to unlock the next part of the campaign. And of course the xp.
    On the Elemental Evil you need to complete 8 quests to unlock the next bit in each area but you don't have to do eight different quests. It's quicker and easier if you can pick quests all next to each other in the map rather than hunting all over the place. You can do 4 then repeat same 4 again and that will count as your eight. In Spinward Rise you have to do the x 8 vigilance quests plus the last ones at the end e.g the scurrying orbs, etc to complete and get final reward at end. Be warned levelling 60-70 is Grindy and takes longer than levelling up to 60. Enjoy! :)
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

On the Elemental Evil you need to complete 8 quests to unlock the next bit in each area but you don't have to do eight different quests. It's quicker and easier if you can pick quests all next to each other in the map rather than hunting all over the place. You can do 4 then repeat same 4 again and that will count as your eight. In Spinward Rise you have to do the x 8 vigilance quests plus the last ones at the end e.g the scurrying orbs, etc to complete and get final reward at end. Be warned levelling 60-70 is Grindy and takes longer than levelling up to 60. Enjoy! :)

This has changed to quest related, no more pick and choose, no more vigilance.
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Oh sorry stand corrected thanks zephyria. I did it in Xbox ages ago on my lv l 70s and was not looking forward to the EE grind so glad it's been changed!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

This has changed to quest related, no more pick and choose, no more vigilance.
    Plus you get boons for completing EE now, which makes it somewhat more appealing. It's also the way to get your main hand Elemental Fire weapon (you get the offhand from a quest from Knox at 70)

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Great info, thanks!