test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

deminishing returns ??!

kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
Ok, this is a bit on the ***** side. if I'm catching this right once you reach a point level depending on witch stat the benafits per point is reduced or blanked. Now if you type in diminishing returns in the search window the info is so split it realy is not funny. and trying to find what stats are caped and at what level they become caped is very well we wont use that word so the Dev's wont get me lol. Any clairifacation on this would be very helpful to say the lest. thank you in advance for any help given.

Comments

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Most of the secondary stats (combat advantage, action point gain, etc) have SEVERE diminishing returns. example: for combat advantage the first 1000 points you put in get you 8.1%, the next 1000 only gets you something like 1.8% more (game is offline, cant check specidic number, but its close to that). So those are true diminishing returns. there are also "effective" diminishing returns like power and recovery...not because the stat curve is slopped, but rather because you keep making a higher and threshold, requiring more and more points to gain 1%. example: a 30 second cooldown move has 400 recovery applied to it reducing cooldown by 2% (0.6 seconds) bring new cooldown to 29.4 seconds. another 400 is applied to the new 29.4s skill, reducing the cooldown by only 0.588 seconds this time. So despite the stat curve being linear, this type of effective diminishing return is needed to stop silly things from happening (zero second cooldown of all skills at 20,000 recovery? lol)
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    thank you for that info. It did help some. But I do feel a little not so bright today found the numbers I was looking for staring me in the face since I joined the forums. they just did not click in my head that that was what I was looking at until today lol.