test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Group Mission Issue

Intermittent issue with being unable to matchmake with second group member. Started approximately 21 July 2016, evening time.

Example: My lvl 70 Cleric groups up with my wife's lvl 70 Great Weapons Fighter and meet in the Well of Dragons. Her GWF has a mission to go to the Cult Prisons, my cleric does not, and so we both meet in front of the door to enter the mission. She initiated the countdown and the purple funnel appears as normal. After the loading screen clears, we find we're in different instances of the Cult Prison map with no way to join either character's instance.

We try leaving the map and reinitiating the mission with same result. Then we exit again, change instance in the Well of Dragons, and retry. Does not work.

This issue also happened the exact same way with two chapter missions from Bruenor Battlehammer (Mantol Derith Maze Engine Campaign) in which we both had the same mission but were forced to do them separately. It has also happened with a couple missions from the elemental evil story line but I can't remember any specifics beyond having the same basic experiences.

Comments

• rhuntmtrhuntmt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My wife and I have the same experience. It also happened when attempting to do the Free the Drow quest in Mantol-Derith for bruenor battlehamer.

We have tried to log completely off the xbox and recreate the group. Attempted to zone in one at a time, the results were always the same. We would end up in separate instances for the map.
  • crookedparadox#5208 crookedparadox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well, although I don't wish frustrations like this on anyone, it's nice to hear that we're not the only ones. Hopefully this will get noticed and some attention will be given to it. Thanks
  • dracotheblack#6833 dracotheblack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My wife and myself are seeing the same thing but all over the maps. In many different instances. My guild mates are also seeing this issue. It seems to be getting worse and spreading. North America players here. All time zones. Seen last 4 to 5 days. All times of the day.
  • malfeitorr#0860 malfeitorr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same here. I read a post from early June talking about it too.
  • chroniclemattchroniclematt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    My wife and I also are experiencing this problem, and have been the last couple of days. Although it only seems to affect us via "lairs" such as the campaign lairs like Celedaine in Sharandar or The Forge, etc. In Dread Ring. Please fix soon, we normally do these quests together and it's not as fun without her.
  • auntydebauntydeb Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Agreed I cannot move forward in the Well of Dragons as I cannot do the Cult Prison solo.
    Shar - CW

Poison Clan
  • anwi82anwi82 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah me and my friends have the same problem with that. I did a ticket about this and they told me to write here.
  • crogus44#8165 crogus44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am having the same problem. My GWF had cult prison and could not get into the same instance with my guild mates that were going to help me get it done. They really need to fix this because my husband is having the same problem and apparently so is everyone else in the game that tries to do a group thing like Cult Prison or Death Forge in the Dread Ring.
  • satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    A few things to check. Get in the group and get the quest holder to go to journal and select the quest. Does it have an option to share quest?

Is the quest the introductory quest for that area eg Cult Prison comes up the first time you accept quests in the Well before starting the normal weekly rotations, or is it part of the normal rotation?

Can you abandon the quest ****this may reset you a week's progress or it may allow you to pick up the quest again****?

Has the 2nd player completed the introductory quests in the area and are now on the normal weekly rotation?
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    had this once. I just went out and then back in. The problem was solved.
  • crookedparadox#5208 crookedparadox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    All of the listed suggestions have been tried on multiple occasions. With a background in repair of both computers and mechanics, I understand troubleshooting is the key to success. Multiple attempts at re-entering the instance, abandon and re-acquiring the mission, leaving one person in, and having the rest of the group leave and go back in, multiple attempts at different times and different characters... It goes on. There doesn't appear to be a simple fix and it's happened to my wife and I when randoms have joined us for the missions too. It's inconsistent but seems to be less frequent after a server reset. I'm no programmer and won't try to claim that I know how to fix this. I do know that we've tried a lot of different ways to fix it at the player level tho. I hope this can be fixed so we can get back to being able to play together on these harder missions as none of my characters are strong enough to solo them yet.