test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ignore Function not working

bazziebazzie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
hi there, after i log in to the game today, i blocked all the goldseller, that takes some time since there is a cooldown now of 1 minute :(
after i did a quest the one in city dungeon level 3-4 i noticed that all the spammers i reported/ignored where back
so i quess there is something wrong with the ignore list function
pls fix it because the chat is completly useless now

why don't you guys login the game and ban them?? can't be that hard
i hope something will be done about it

Title edited by mod to make it more clear what you are reporting.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    I get that you can't stop gold spammers entirely but this is pretty ridiculous. Unless I spend a solid 5-10 minutes reporting/blocking ppl when I log in the Chat box is unusable.
    Seriously needs to be some cool downs in place for chat spam prevention. Having a cool down for reporting people is also counter productive. If youre going to let ppl spam limitlessly then let me ignore limitlessly.

Why are ppl able to post huge walls of text and then spam that into oblivion to begin with? I mean mmorpg's have been around forever at this point you're killing me with this lack of foresight.
  • Options
    animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    best way is to block trade otherwise you will just keep on reporting. they are just bots

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • Options
    shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    i've resorted to reporting their psn profiles as spam, hopefully that will help.
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Options
    scratch that idea, apparently spam (only other option is the offensive one) is not against PSN's ToS. Sony doesn't have a report goldseller option in the report profile function.

If both M$ and Sony got together with the Devs and crackdown on these idiots, it wouldn't have gotten to the stage where a single goldseller ad is repeated at least 10 times a minute.
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Options
    awesomeangel50awesomeangel50 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    They need to hire a mod whos main job is to permaban AD sellers/spammers
  • Options
    aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User

I get that you can't stop gold spammers entirely but this is pretty ridiculous. Unless I spend a solid 5-10 minutes reporting/blocking ppl when I log in the Chat box is unusable.

Seriously needs to be some cool downs in place for chat spam prevention. Having a cool down for reporting people is also counter productive. If youre going to let ppl spam limitlessly then let me ignore limitlessly.

Why are ppl able to post huge walls of text and then spam that into oblivion to begin with? I mean mmorpg's have been around forever at this point you're killing me with this lack of foresight.

It is useless, even if you spend time banning those bots, even though the system notifies you they're ignored you can still see chat from them. Something is not working right.
  • Options
    galaphile1galaphile1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    same here report bots says they are ignored and still see their posts in chat. wondering why there isn't a option to just ignore someone without reporting them first too. sometimes people are just annoying and you dont want to talk to them anymore so you ignore them.
  • Options
    today in Enclave i encountered a player with goldseller spam (the same stuff you see in the chat) appearing directly above him/her, i reported them but still...
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14