test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 Controller Sensitive Movement Bug

makyremakyre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Sometimes I have trouble accessing a loot or a container whenever I try to get my character to stay still in one spot, but he still moves around by himself. Also, it seems that whenever I stop using my controller completely, my character still walks around. Please fix this. Thanks!

Comments

• murkinheroes#9790 murkinheroes Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bug: When pressing in the touch pad on the controller it's popping up The Reward Of Devotion it's seems to popup a lot and gets in the way of the loot system I have lost loot as this window once closed keep repeatedly popping backup becoming a majorly annoying.

• harryk#3230 harryk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    ditto reward for praying list window is the one pops up when you press touch pad a few times and get to top right side corner.
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    did you accidentally hit R3?, it triggers autorun when not in combat.
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. I keep moving after I have stopped.
  • biguydeadddbiguydeaddd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Omg this has been driving me nuts,thought maybe my own controller was faulty.It's bad as a gwf,i'm next to an enemy group attacking then i'll just slowly walk through it,ruining my posistioning.
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User

Omg this has been driving me nuts,thought maybe my own controller was faulty.It's bad as a gwf,i'm next to an enemy group attacking then i'll just slowly walk through it,ruining my posistioning.

i remember having this problem before i started NW, my character would move in most games on its own or the pointer in witcher 3 map mode would move without touching the pad, turns out my left stick was getting worn out and it stopped after getting a new controller.
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • ballsmigueballsmigue Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Bug: When pressing in the touch pad on the controller it's popping up The Reward Of Devotion it's seems to popup a lot and gets in the way of the loot system I have lost loot as this window once closed keep repeatedly popping backup becoming a majorly annoying.

i too have been having this problem since last night. its really annoying and its only when i press the right side. when i do the left side instead the map is popping up
  • makyremakyre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Wow, I'm surprised other people are having the same problems. I'm still having this issue, but I found a temporary solution. What I do is when I approach a chest or a container or to a NPC and as soon as I arrive to it, I press down (step backwards) quickly. But I still would like this to be fixed ASAP so it can work smoothly. I know my controller is fine in many other games, but not in Neverwinter.
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My character has this problem too. It's mostly noticeable for me when I'm trying to loot a chest or use a kit to open something. After I start the character randomly starts walking forward and it says "action interrupted"
  • mystiqmind#3184 mystiqmind Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you! I am having the exact same issue. I almost bought 2 new controllers today. For me it causes me to walk extremely slowly at 45 degree angle straight and right. As a HR it causes me to aggro mobs when i walk into their range and breaks using kits and chests. Seems like the sensitivity needs to be reduced just slightly (allowing for 1-3% off center to stay immobile). Thanks devs!!