test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give us a way to fix our character origin

kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
For all my characters, their origin has gotten changed to Dalelands. Most of them were old characters and this happened a while back. Within the past couple of weeks I had made a new character, and when I looked at the history tab today, she was Dalelands too, like all the rest.

Can you give us a way to change these character origins if you aren't going to fix whatever bug causes them to change to the Dalelands?​​
100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• creatureofthefeycreatureofthefey Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2015
    Im pretty sure this bug has been mentioned before, but its been around for a while and I'm wondering if it will be resolved soon. On every character profile you look at, no matter where your character originates from it says they are from the Dalelands. I know character background is just for flavor and has no effect on gameplay, but its kind of annoying. I am one of those types of players that cares about my character's history because I enjoy the roleplaying aspect of the game. Is there any news on whether or not this issue will be fixed?
    Post edited by creatureofthefey on
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone know whats going to be done about this bug?
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree. Pretty annoying.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    edited May 2015
    Will someone please give me a response to this question?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They have attempted to fix it several times now. In the most recent fix, it worked for a couple of days, then reverted back. So, they are aware of the problem. They are attempting to fix it. It just seems to be a deeper problem then anyone expected.
  • skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    So I noticed something strange. I created an alt today and had her Origin set as Waterdeep. I have the Title -of Waterdeep- yet for some reason, the Character Sheet lists it as The Dalelands. I then signed in on my main, and now the same thing happened to him.

Has this happened to anyone else? I admit that it's rather minor compared the the loading screen freezes or the First Time Buyer character slot issue, but it's still jarring. :(
  • skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Okay, I think I've figured out how this happened. I made another character and had him join my guild. His Origin was Luskan. As soon as I set foot in the Stronghold, it changed to the Dalelands.

I get that the Stronghold is in the Dalelands, but I don't think it's supposed to change your Origin like this. Definitely not working as intended. Has this been happening with everyone?
  • replicant#5008 replicant Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Everyone's origin is getting set to battle veteran in the Dalelands, probably triggering for RPers if there are any. You can inspect anyone and see that. I find it kind of obnoxious since I set the farmer origin for a crafting alt.
  • Same issue here my bio set to dalelands veteran. I can still select my title of Amn though. Anyone i inspect is a dalelands vet. I dont rp with others but i am familar with dnd lore so it definitely is irritating me. Plz fix
  • flynn0stryder#2687 flynn0stryder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here my main is a Harper initiate from luruar, but now it says i am a veteran from the Dalelands. Anyway of fixing this bug?
  • sonofneilsonofneil Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here... not a swashbuckler anymore T.T
  • mu777mu777 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yea, same here. Was a Northdark/Underdark Exile, now have the Dalelands/Battle Veteran origin. Very annoying.
  • cainiac#8183 cainiac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This has also just happened to me. Can we get some acknowledgement of this issue?
  • galaphile1galaphile1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yeah i was a folk villager from the moonshea isles, still running the title too and it says i'm a battle vet from the dalelands. pls fix cause i even took the time to type in a bio that was related to my origin.
  • wolfson#1355 wolfson Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I really want this bug to be fixed I put a lot of thought into my character's origin :(
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I concur. my main is a Monster Hunter from Amn.

not whatever from The Dale Lands.
    And now my character Bio is gone too come on Arc Games fix this already!!
  • (PS4) Still a issue and I just made mine so even new players are getting it... the date is 19/03/2017

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> annoying as
  • Still a issue and I just made mine so even new players are getting it... the date is 19/03/2017
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I just WISH we could easily EDIT our BIOGRAPHY. It does not BEHAVE anywhere close to a basic TEXT EDITOR often the cursor appears 3 lines below or in a different position than where it is actually. I know far more people who have to use NOTEPAD to draft it and then choose to copy/paste into the location, sadly it's also far more easier to delete than it is to even make a few punctual corrections for grammar. :o
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    the input fields in the guild info. ie motd etc. are also pretty clunky and hard to edit

in game mail not so much but still a little weird aslo

maybe this needs to go into some QOL feedback thread somewhere

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

(PS4) Still a issue and I just made mine so even new players are getting it... the date is 19/03/2017

HAMSTER annoying as

Happened on Xbox, wished we could reset the location, but ah well. :3
    Hey everyone I think the glitch is tied to joining a guild. I just got one of my characters past level 30 without joining a Guild and his origin is still intact.
    I think its actually on purpose like idk your character legally changes their place of origin to where the guild is located or something?
    Whatever it is its gotta be the guild system somehow.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Merged some threads. As this issue is ongoing, I'm not going to mark it as a necro.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    yes on origin and bio priority. it is an RPG at heart still. right?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    This isn't a small issue! This is serious man! The Dalelands sucks monkey butt!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    kallethen said:

For all my characters, their origin has gotten changed to Dalelands. Most of them were old characters and this happened a while back. Within the past couple of weeks I had made a new character, and when I looked at the history tab today, she was Dalelands too, like all the rest.

Can you give us a way to change these character origins if you aren't going to fix whatever bug causes them to change to the Dalelands?​​

Oh you are like my family of Elves all coming from Dalelands. They don't have problems displaying this history of Dalelands despite being created 2 years ago and my new one also does not so I'm not sure what is effecting some who claim the problem.