What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW indirectly nerfed

romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Library
terramak said:

Companions
  • Companions with Combat Advantage active companion bonuses (Blink Dog, Staldorf, Intellect Devourer) have had these powers changed to combine additively rather than multiplicatively. As such, players using these may notice slight reductions in the combat advantage bonus provided by these powers.

Comments

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    So now we'll have to move toward fire and Air Archons, siege master, Wild Hunt Rider... Every CW will be the same.

Also wonder, does this hurt Renegade enough to push more players toward Thaumaturge?
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I am not quite sure what the change exactly is. If it is 1.05^3 to 1.15, the difference is quite small.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

I am not quite sure what the change exactly is. If it is 1.05^3 to 1.15, the difference is quite small.

Fair enough. I'll wait until we can figure out what the actual impact is before I say it sucks.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    HOW a companion must be related to a class seriously.LIST the classes with the highest severity. GWF-tr. BOTH have combat advantage almost permanent and the highest severity. BUT no is cw conspiracy when changing an item.

P.S. if BOO get hair will be cw inderectly nerfed.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @mamalion1234 So this change, in your opinion, doesn't affect the CW at all?

All CA pets were considered BiS for a CW, so therefore, it is an indirect nerf to the class, posted in the class' own forums. I am not going to call the topic "GWF indirect nerfs". Go away, troll.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Slightly off topic, but does the new mount ensignia bonus that gives 5% combat advantage damage to controlled mobs also trigger combat advantage, or do you have to have combat advantage AND have the mob controlled to get the 5%?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

This is what I have asked them to clarify. If it is simply changing that, then it is quite small. However, if it is now adding to CA from the stat, then the bonus may be meaningless now.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

All CA pets were considered BiS for a CW, so therefore, it is an indirect nerf to the class, posted in the class' own forums. I am not going to call the topic "GWF indirect nerfs". Go away, troll.

I Will ask you only cw using combat advantage companions are you sure is only on cw bis ca pets? if this change affect everyone why you should call it cw nerf? thanks.
  • Options
    I am posting a topic in the CW section, talking to the CW community, about a change that affected the CW class. How else am I supposed to phrase this, so you understand? Noone ever said that this is a CW only nerf. The topic has "INDIRECT" in its title. This automatically means that this change happened due to a change that wasn't specifically directed towards the CW class.

Why am I even answering to you?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ribbs1 said:

If it's so small, WHY change it?

That's what most of the changes they're making are. Small changes that don't matter : :smile:

It's kind of funny because people always say that they'd rather Cryptic fix things instead of releasing new content, then they fix something and OMG WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT STOP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    I saw theFabricant question and wait for the response. Seems the future of CA companions hinges on it...
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I'll wait for fabricant's response to it as well.

Maths too stronk for me.

But from a glance, and with my limited knowledge about how that formula works, It does seem like a large change to it. Glad I've been too broke to rank up my CA buddies.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2016

HOW a companion must be related to a class seriously.LIST the classes with the highest severity. GWF-tr. BOTH have combat advantage almost permanent and the highest severity. BUT no is cw conspiracy when changing an item.

P.S. if BOO get hair will be cw inderectly nerfed.

This is a CW topic!
    If you want to read news in connection with GWFs and TRs I strongly suggest visiting their topics! Thanks!

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    THEY are still good vs flat damage companions ofcourse if you have always combat advantage.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

THEY are still good vs flat damage companions ofcourse if you have always combat advantage.

Why do you assume that anyone says otherwise? Also, how do you know if that's really the case? Have you tested the unreleased changes yet? Also, how does this argument invalidate the fact that it's an indirect nerf, however small the nerf may be? What right do you have to come here and complain about us sharing information with each other?

If you have developed some form of hatred towards certain players who play the CW, or even the CW itself, why are you here then? You are free to ignore threads, don't have to comment everywhere you don't want to.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    romo i do not attack forum users especially when i dont have arguments. you are coming here and you say : have you tested the unreleased changes yet? GO again to preview first build and see : Patch notes coming at a later date, but our first Preview build is up, running, and ready to play! IN that build they include and the ca change and you are still waiting a dev to give you answer have a good day.

Post edited by mamalion1234 on