test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Helm's Hold Character Loading Issue

pheistewonpheistewon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I am not sure if it is a missing artwork asset during the loading screen after selecting a character, but I have seen a lot of players having an issue with the loading screen freezing up. The artwork does not appear.

The only way I could resolve it was to log in as another character, select Change Character, and login as my character that is in Helm's Hold. This causes the artwork to finally load correctly, and Helm's Hold to load.

Comments

• xvosxvos Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This is happening to me as well. Level 32 cleric stuck in helms hold. This needs fixed as we all payed for early access and cannot even play. I also purchase 25$ in zen and never got my extra character slot from my first time buyers pack. I just want to be able to continue with my cleric, after paying for game and putting in the time, I really don't want to make a new character and start over.
  • orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Wish I'd known this before I left off playing in Helm's Hold. After selecting "enter the game" it hangs up on the loading screen. I really don't want to make another character right now just to play the character I want to play.
  • orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Well I just tried the "create new character and switch" trick, and it didn't work at all for me. Loading screen on the main character still freezes. Guess I'll try my luck putting in a support ticket. I'm really disappointed this has seemingly been going on for days, it's not fixed yet.
  • stillblunted#0823 stillblunted Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please help! I cannot load into my character in helms hold.
  • riksu76#4534 riksu76 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me. Try to make second character, play until you finish that intro part and choose to chance character in game. Choose your main character, and then you should be able to use that character again. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it did for me, and it has worked for many other as well. It's worth trying atleast.
  • carleigh#6744 carleigh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    After playing through with new character to protectors enclave have no issue loading main character from helms hold
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I am not sure if it is a missing artwork asset during the loading screen after selecting a character, but I have seen a lot of players having an issue with the loading screen freezing up. The artwork does not appear.

The only way I could resolve it was to log in as another character, select Change Character, and login as my character that is in Helm's Hold. This causes the artwork to finally load correctly, and Helm's Hold to load.

This recommendation did not solve my issue, still cannot access helm hold.
  • mormugul#2040 mormugul Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > I am not sure if it is a missing artwork asset during the loading screen after selecting a character, but I have seen a lot of players having an issue with the loading screen freezing up. The artwork does not appear.
    >
    > The only way I could resolve it was to log in as another character, select Change Character, and login as my character that is in Helm's Hold. This causes the artwork to finally load correctly, and Helm's Hold to load.
    >
    > This recommendation did not solve my issue, still cannot access helm hold.

I just fixed problem. Create new character when you reach protectors enclave travel to helms hold with new character wait till it loads then return to protectors enclave. Then select options change character to main. Its important you travel to helms hold with new character to get full assets load.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

> I am not sure if it is a missing artwork asset during the loading screen after selecting a character, but I have seen a lot of players having an issue with the loading screen freezing up. The artwork does not appear.

>

> The only way I could resolve it was to log in as another character, select Change Character, and login as my character that is in Helm's Hold. This causes the artwork to finally load correctly, and Helm's Hold to load.

>

> This recommendation did not solve my issue, still cannot access helm hold.

I just fixed problem. Create new character when you reach protectors enclave travel to helms hold with new character wait till it loads then return to protectors enclave. Then select options change character to main. Its important you travel to helms hold with new character to get full assets load.

I am now down with Helm Hold, working on next area. Seeing players call out for end game dungeons already with over 2k for item level does not surprise me one bit. Man they either already know the short cuts to end game or dropped some money for the dps booster.
  • bcbudz#8834 bcbudz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Same is now happening to me. Infinite load screen
  • kildardrakis#7410 kildardrakis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey so I had the same issue and I didnt read through to see if someone said this or not but what I did was created a new character got him to protecters enclave then immediately traveled to helms hold. I was level 6. All I did was went to helms hold and then back to the enclave. Then switched to my main character and it loaded in fine. Im assuming it was an art issue how other people said and by going there as a new character I was outside of the freeze point and forced the art to be found or something. But his worked for me
  • senturus33senturus33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Later I saw the text of the management team. Sorry. Good games
  • monoliet#7067 monoliet Member Posts: 3 New User
    yep 2 charakter
    first bonfire = options on ps4 total richt where you quit servers option other charakter works also here .

tanks a lot ( realy anoying bug )
  • monoliet#7067 monoliet Member Posts: 3 New User
    > > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    >
    > > I am not sure if it is a missing artwork asset during the loading screen after selecting a character, but I have seen a lot of players having an issue with the loading screen freezing up. The artwork does not appear.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > The only way I could resolve it was to log in as another character, select Change Character, and login as my character that is in Helm's Hold. This causes the artwork to finally load correctly, and Helm's Hold to load.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > This recommendation did not solve my issue, still cannot access helm hold.
    >
    >
    >
    > I just fixed problem. Create new character when you reach protectors enclave travel to helms hold with new character wait till it loads then return to protectors enclave. Then select options change character to main. Its important you travel to helms hold with new character to get full assets load.
    >
    > I am now down with Helm Hold, working on next area. Seeing players call out for end game dungeons already with over 2k for item level does not surprise me one bit. Man they either already know the short cuts to end game or dropped some money for the dps booster.

some indeed boasters ore some almoast no sleep ( prey payd them have 1 week advance + other pc gamers converted to consoles = them are max out )
  • benzion89benzion89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @riksu76#4534 said:
    > Same thing happened to me. Try to make second character, play until you finish that intro part and choose to chance character in game. Choose your main character, and then you should be able to use that character again. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it did for me, and it has worked for many other as well. It's worth trying atleast.

Thank you very much for this tip, it paid off.
  • richard#8957 richard Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cant load my 34 char since i changed name but can load a new char what can i do because i bought lots off stuff on it
  • xkingshadowx#7161 xkingshadowx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    so i tried the method of switching to another character and switching back and nothing worked. so then i got the new character to the protector's enclave and then tried it again and it worked yea this needs fixing asap.
  • aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Today only I accidentally logged off in Helm's Hold even though I knew about the bug. But logging into another character and then switching that character to the one in Helm's Hold worked. But it does need to get fixed though.
  • conancarnageconancarnage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Did same thing and forgot that taking back the rock is still helms hold. Logged into alt character and went to helms but got stuck in loading screen now both are stuck there. Please fix this, so annoying. Does give me excuse to make 3r though -c-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • end3rfuryend3rfury Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. I'm a level 34 Hunter Ranger, stuck at loading screen in Helm's Hold (black screen, no art work). I have a level 10 Warlock in the Tower District: the game loaded him just fine. Then I did the 'change character' in the options menu trick, chose the hunter, and it worked. Still, a very annoying bug, on-going for several weeks now apparently. Please fix!!!
  • zstewar3zstewar3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hi, I am having the same issue. I switched to my other character and tried to go to helms hold and back to fix it but the game froze while my second character was trying to travel to helms hold and now both characters loading screens freeze.
  • jutsucaster#1706 jutsucaster Member Posts: 0 New User
    Wow. Almost 2 weeks and no fix(3 days since I encountered the freeze). I also experienced a lot of lag and disconnects in the time I played the game. I like the game but the experience is just horrible right now.
  • alter125#5966 alter125 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello, I am also unable to continue on my 31 Warlock because the load screen to helm's hold keeps freezing. would be great if this can be resolved,
  • yohjoyohjo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    I just tried the fix, worked like a charm. Thank you PS4
  • trouterfly#8353 trouterfly Member Posts: 1 New User
    What fix
  • rrroeltje#6653 rrroeltje Member Posts: 1 New User
    I tried the fix and created a new char. The fix worked. But now i have i have two char in helms hold and am unable to continue. So i have to delete me second char. Play the tutorial. Change to my man char and then i can continue...

I like the game but this is really annoying. Please fix this.
  • seafoamazure#2971 seafoamazure Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm stuck in Helmshold as well and the change character trick isn't working. Am I missing something? How does one submit a ticket?
  • sixpathssnow#5121 sixpathssnow Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    For those of you who say switching characters doesn't work. Try getting the second character to Teleport to helms. Once you can travel there, travel back to protectors enclave. I had to do it this way for it to work. The regular switching didn't work.
    The Rise of a new Era, with only one guild to bow to. -CrownMeKing-