test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Engine Inspiration vs Displace Fate

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Which of the above two boons would be better to have?

Displace Fate: When below 30% health you gain a shield increasing Damage Resistance by 60% for 3 seconds.

Engine Inspiration: Your healing spells have a chance to heal allies around you for 20,000 Hit Points.

Comments

• Options
    zapline258zapline258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    I use Engine Inspiration; always could use extra heals.
    I'm Faithful build so I rely on my emergency Gift of Faith heal when I'm low on HP so the 3 seconds of Damage Resistance doesn't really help me much.
    Displace Fate would help if you need that extra help when low on HP to heal though.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I have a AC Virt splash Righteous and also run Engine Inspiration, for 3 reasons:
    1) You are rarely going to be <30% health for long due to your own self-healing (even dps builds have some)
    2) The 20,000 heal is noticeable enough, has a non-zero AoE radius, and triggers reliably
    3) Displace Fate has a really ugly visual effect bug (read: bleeding armor), which ruins the whole pure and virtuous look I'm going for.

I can see Displace Fate being helpful in PVP if you don't already cap DR, but PVE there's very little reason to slot it over Engine Inspiration.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    hard to say unless you can define "chance" and what the IC is on Displace Fate. In theory unless you over hardcarp for RI it would appear Displace Fate is the better option since overhealing is so easy in the game already.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i use displace fate.
    it nice in pvp, the last % HP last long and my HoT keep me nice at very low HP situations.
    i am not sure if it got cool time as its not easy to go back an forth on 30% HP.