test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot transfer player container

j35t3r199j35t3r199 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
Get this message when trying to goto "Defend the Portal" which I just unlocked thru TOD campaign. I need the lore pages !!!! heh.
I tried to do it with others, however they had the 2nd stage of the mission, not the 1st part. I could get into their 2nd part, but when I tried to bring others with me to my part, it kicked us all out of NW. I have unplugged my Xbone and restarted everything. I filled a ticket out to support and they linked me here after force moving me to Protectors, saying this sounds like a new bug.

I hope you can get this fixed soon,

Felix the Cat GWF.

Comments

• synysterj23#2098 synysterj23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have just excepted the quest "Pain & Suffering" as I has missed it previously, however when I go to travel to the location "warlocks camp" the game freezes the moment it hits the loading screen and then auto logs me out, with the error message on screen "couldn't transfer player container". I had this same issue a few hours ago when trying to complete the mission "chapter 3: Throne of the Dwarven gods" however, after the serves crashed and came back online I was the able to do it, it is really unusual! I'm concerned that this will start affecting other quests where they have individual instances and not public areas, hope they look into this soon!
  • timesetanytimesetany Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @synysterj23#2098 said:
    > I have just accepted the quest "Pain & Suffering" as I has missed it previously, however when I go to travel to the location "warlocks camp" the game freezes the moment it hits the loading screen and then auto logs me out, with the error message on screen "couldn't transfer player container".

I am having the same issue with Warlocks quest and it is preventing me from continuing the path of the Warlock
  • thrandel#8228 thrandel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm getting the error on both of my chars. First (70th lvl hunter ranger) is trying to get to Portal to Tuern and second (57th guardian fighter) while trying to enter the Stormcaller Caves in Vellosk.
  • jesse51400jesse51400 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm playing on the Xbox one and have the same problem trying to enter the instanced area for the quest "The Portal to Tuern". It has been like this for 3 days now and is quite annoying.
  • iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am having the same error and three emails to support and I am referred to this forum to complain with everyone else. I a, failing to see how this is resovling the issue. I am at wits end with this game, between spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on those damn enchanted keys only to get NOTHING, except enchantments, runestones and some REALLY STUPID element thing that when you click it, it will display a fire, or earth, etc etc but has no effect in game. Then add on the lack of service, broken quests and the constant holding out their hand for more money. You open a chest, younget a coupon 15% of any companion, you open a bag, 40% off an enchanted ke, all day, everyday, but they dont give you BULL SH** service and lockboxes full of JUNK.

I could have spent $60 on ESO, never pay another dime, and then sell the game when I was done instead of the HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS on this broken HAMSTER that doesnt give SH** and has the WORST RNG EVER!!!!!
  • novadactylnovadactyl Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    j35t3r199 said:

Get this message when trying to goto "Defend the Portal" which I just unlocked thru TOD campaign. I need the lore pages !!!! heh.
    I tried to do it with others, however they had the 2nd stage of the mission, not the 1st part. I could get into their 2nd part, but when I tried to bring others with me to my part, it kicked us all out of NW. I have unplugged my Xbone and restarted everything. I filled a ticket out to support and they linked me here after force moving me to Protectors, saying this sounds like a new bug.

I hope you can get this fixed soon,

Felix the Cat GWF.

Yes. This.

I have just excepted the quest "Pain & Suffering" as I has missed it previously, however when I go to travel to the location "warlocks camp" the game freezes the moment it hits the loading screen and then auto logs me out, with the error message on screen "couldn't transfer player container".

Same here. I have an open support ticket and included as much information as I could. Still waiting to hear back.

What I can say - with almost 100% certainty - is that this is not a stuck-character issue. I've tested trying to move to the "Warlock's Camp" from both Protector's Enclave and Blackdagger Ruins, and the result is the same regardless. The error persists. ... Hopefully it's only a problematic mapserver that just needs restarting.

• dustdevil2#5714 dustdevil2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Lvl 68 great warrior xbox one user...I get this error message every time I try to go to "Portal of Tuern". It kicks me all the way out to logout screen. I initially had no troubles with this quest but about a week ago I was unable to return there. That's when the error message would appear. I've tried from several different locations, even with a group, same result. I'm unable to abandon or restart this quest. I habe additionally posted this same error under Portal of Tuern bug reports. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • mrmoon#8640 mrmoon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @synysterj23#2098 said:
    > I have just excepted the quest "Pain & Suffering" as I has missed it previously, however when I go to travel to the location "warlocks camp" the game freezes the moment it hits the loading screen and then auto logs me out, with the error message on screen "couldn't transfer player container". I had this same issue a few hours ago when trying to complete the mission "chapter 3: Throne of the Dwarven gods" however, after the serves crashed and came back online I was the able to do it, it is really unusual! I'm concerned that this will start affecting other quests where they have individual instances and not public areas, hope they look into this soon!

Its good to see that I am not the only one with this issue with Pain & Suffering. I thought I was doing something wrong. I hope they fix this soon.
  • My new Lv70 Greatweapon Fighter just recieved the quest The Portal to Tuern seemingly randomly from Boward although it states 'Lv60', and I am here to report the same glitch occurrence. No matter where I attempt to launch it from and regardless if it's selected as a path showing display or not, this quest fails to load when launched and the error message reads 'Couldn't transfer player container'. I am then ejected to the front end and must select my Gamer Tag profile to log back into the server again. Clearly this is a fatal error that requires immediate attention.

Thankfully this error did not occur with my other character but that is no cause for celebration or accolades.

And to those whom would say so, it's fun to theorize that perhaps the game is purposefully being made unpleasant in order to sink the ship, but c'mon... fun theory but absurd thinking.
  • novadactylnovadactyl Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Confirmed: If you're still experiencing this, the dev team has been made aware of the issue and is investigating it accordingly. There is no workaround or estimated time of resolution for it, so ... it's something that will likely persist until a fix can be made and published to the game.

*this comes from my open support ticket
  • loonyscarab#0842 loonyscarab Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @j35t3r199 said:
    > Get this message when trying to goto "Defend the Portal" which I just unlocked thru TOD campaign. I need the lore pages !!!! heh.
    > I tried to do it with others, however they had the 2nd stage of the mission, not the 1st part. I could get into their 2nd part, but when I tried to bring others with me to my part, it kicked us all out of NW. I have unplugged my Xbone and restarted everything. I filled a ticket out to support and they linked me here after force moving me to Protectors, saying this sounds like a new bug.
    >
    > I hope you can get this fixed soon,
    >
    > Felix the Cat GWF.

Me and my friend were having this issue with the "Chapter 5" quest in the dwarven king quest arc, and we were able to get in by going to the Drowned Shore and using my VIP signpost. Don't know if this helps you, but worth a try if you can.
  • laney85laney85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i just tried to do a quest in ebons downs and everytime i try it says cannot transfer character and kicks me off neverwinter
  • blueshambyblueshamby Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem - couldn't transfer player container.. Quest- The underscar (Underscar)...