test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome PS4 Owners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=196r7E2ecCw

Welcome to the community I compiled a quick list of youtubers and helpful sites if I miss anything I will update the description in the video but welcome again and enjoy the game!

Comments

• aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @captnspicypants said:
    > Welcome to the community I compiled a quick list of youtubers and helpful sites if I miss anything I will update the description in the video but welcome again and enjoy the game!

Thanks for taking the time to do it, much appreciated!

Could you please tell me (since I am completely new at this game) how is it played, I am mainly interested in the PVP vs PVE component; are there PVP and PVE servers? Is PVP location-based like arenas or special areas, or is it mutually accepted to go in PVP (getting PVP-flagged or something like that)?

I am asking that since I am mainly a PVE-type of player and I don't really appreciate a lot being shot in the back while doing quests or whatever else is there to be done. I have looked around on Wiki and PC forum, but I haven't found anything related to how the game is played in this respect (it might also be that I missed it?)

Thanks a lot!
  • skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    It was a rough start, but we made it. Thanks for the info. :)
  • feneris2feneris2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    hello i,m from poland and i cant buy zen why?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

> @captnspicypants said:

> Welcome to the community I compiled a quick list of youtubers and helpful sites if I miss anything I will update the description in the video but welcome again and enjoy the game!

Could you please tell me (since I am completely new at this game) how is it played, I am mainly interested in the PVP vs PVE component; are there PVP and PVE servers? Is PVP location-based like arenas or special areas, or is it mutually accepted to go in PVP (getting PVP-flagged or something like that)?

I am asking that since I am mainly a PVE-type of player and I don't really appreciate a lot being shot in the back while doing quests or whatever else is there to be done. I have looked around on Wiki and PC forum, but I haven't found anything related to how the game is played in this respect (it might also be that I missed it?)

Thanks a lot!

PvP and PvE are completely separate. The only slight exception is in Icewind Dale where there can be open PvP, but you must cross a barrier (There is a warning) to flag your character for PvP. Otherwise, you can never be attack by other players unless you queue for PvP events.
  • aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @zephyriah said:
    > > @captnspicypants said:
    >
    > > Welcome to the community I compiled a quick list of youtubers and helpful sites if I miss anything I will update the description in the video but welcome again and enjoy the game!
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time to do it, much appreciated!
    >
    >
    >
    > Could you please tell me (since I am completely new at this game) how is it played, I am mainly interested in the PVP vs PVE component; are there PVP and PVE servers? Is PVP location-based like arenas or special areas, or is it mutually accepted to go in PVP (getting PVP-flagged or something like that)?
    >
    >
    >
    > I am asking that since I am mainly a PVE-type of player and I don't really appreciate a lot being shot in the back while doing quests or whatever else is there to be done. I have looked around on Wiki and PC forum, but I haven't found anything related to how the game is played in this respect (it might also be that I missed it?)
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    >
    > PvP and PvE are completely separate. The only slight exception is in Icewind Dale where there can be open PvP, but you must cross a barrier (There is a warning) to flag your character for PvP. Otherwise, you can never be attack by other players unless you queue for PvP events.

Thank you for the info, @zephyriah!
  • captnspicypantscaptnspicypants Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    So for a PVE player the game is relatively straight forward. You'll have what I call the glitter trail to direct you from quest to quest.You will also have a queue system for dungeons and skirmishes that again are pretty straight forward. You wont have to much of a problem of getting hit by enemies from behind as long as you watch your surrounding areas. PvP is generally queued up, however,a couple places in Icewind Dale are open world PvP they will be marked off red on your mini map so just try and avoid it if you're not really into it.

> @captnspicypants said:

Thanks a lot!

• captnspicypantscaptnspicypants Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    feneris2 said:

hello i,m from poland and i cant buy zen why?

I can't honestly answer this question a CM or Developer would have to address this issue separately I apologize but this is out of my hands :(
  • krazeeddkrazeedd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Woo thanks! Ill take a look now.
  • numminzak#6234 numminzak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im dying to purchase the ps4 launch trailer rock music...what is the title and is it on itunes?
  • puno#9946 puno Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for the links
  • benniemaru#6576 benniemaru Member Posts: 1 New User
    Will the Onyx head start be available for Asia PSN?
  • apocalypsegod#8294 apocalypsegod Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello everyone I'm. New to the game, I came over from Dcuo. I have a few qwestion if anyone can help me out that would be great!
    1.what is the green diamond thing in the center of my hot bar and how do I use it?

2.is it possible to change my toons over all look ex) I jus wanna where pants boots gloves and a hood is that possible and how do I go about doing tht ? I've looked on the net can't find anything

3.where can I buy jus normal clothes ?

I'm sure I have a million more questions but that's all I can think of atm. My ign is ApocalypseGoD I'm a lvl 16 hunter looking for a guild, I'm really enjoying this game so I'll be on often