test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Races

Can any of the moderators confirm which races will be available for free starting on July 12th and which races will be available via premium content?

Thank you for your time.
"We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    All the races that are currently available on PC and Xbox should be available on PS4, with the possible exception of the Metallic Dragonborn race, as that comes from a lockbox. Those races are: Human, Drow, Dwarf, Half-Elf, Half-orc, Halfling, Sun Elf, Tiefling, and Wood Elf as the free races, and Menzoberranzan Renegade, Sun Elf, and Dragonborn as the "premium" races.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

All the races that are currently available on PC and Xbox should be available on PS4, with the possible exception of the Metallic Dragonborn race, as that comes from a lockbox. Those races are: Human, Drow, Dwarf, Half-Elf, Half-orc, Halfling, Sun Elf, Tiefling, and Wood Elf as the free races, and Menzoberranzan Renegade, Sun Elf, and Dragonborn as the "premium" races.

Thank you for your reply. You have Sun Elf listed as free and premium. Is Sun Elf free or premium? I know the Moon Elf was premium and you don't have that one listed.

Thank you in advance for your time.
    "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

Thank you for your reply. You have Sun Elf listed as free and premium. Is Sun Elf free or premium? I know the Moon Elf was premium and you don't have that one listed.

Thank you in advance for your time.
    That was a typo, the Moon Elf is premium, Sun Elf is free. Sorry for the confusion. I should type when distracted, lol.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    That was a typo, the Moon Elf is premium, Sun Elf is free. Sorry for the confusion. I should type when distracted, lol.

Thank you "kreatyve"! If you haven't figured it out yet there are quite a few of us "future" hardcore Neverwinterers that are trying to plan out as much as possible before Tuesday (12th). We appreciate as much advanced information as you guys can give us.

• Options
    skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    ......please tell me I can just buy the races by themselves, because otherwise...

Well, I don't know what I'll do, but I know it will probably involve flipping tables.

*sigh* So long, character slots. Maybe next month... >_<
  • Options

......please tell me I can just buy the races by themselves, because otherwise...

Well, I don't know what I'll do, but I know it will probably involve flipping tables.

*sigh* So long, character slots. Maybe next month... >_<</p>

The Moon Elf comes with the Fury of the Feywild pack. You can not just buy the class without buying that package. I don't know for sure if it will be available at launch. The dragonborn comes with either the Dragonborn race reroll pack ($25 on PC, price may be different on PS4), or the Dragonborn Legend pack ($60 on PC, price may be different on PS4). The Menzoberranzan Renegade comes with a $200 pack on PC, but a $60 on Xbox, so more than likely, maybe a $60 pack on PS4, but I do not know for sure.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

*snip*The dragonborn comes with either the Dragonborn race reroll pack ($25 on PC, price may be different on PS4)*snip*

Okay, now that's reasonable, especially for players with a limited budget like me. They should make reroll packs for all the premium races, and if people that can afford them want to buy the bigger packs, that's fine too.

As long as there's an option for budget players, I'll be happy.
  • Options

kreatyve said:

*snip*The dragonborn comes with either the Dragonborn race reroll pack ($25 on PC, price may be different on PS4)*snip*

Okay, now that's reasonable, especially for players with a limited budget like me. They should make reroll packs for all the premium races, and if people that can afford them want to buy the bigger packs, that's fine too.

As long as there's an option for budget players, I'll be happy.
    Keep in mind, you can exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen. When PS4 first launches, the exchange rate should be pretty low. Run dungeons a minimum of twice daily, earn as much AD as you possibly can, and exchange it for Zen while the rates are low. You may be able to get the premium race packs (even the more expensive ones) for little to no money invested.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    It'd be nice to have a $25 option for all the premiums, not just Dragonborn though.

...but still, low exchange rates... which means the earlier I start playing, the better...

Welp, looks like I'll be getting Early Access after all. Thank you, sir.