test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will the starter pack be gamesharable?

Can a dev give any confirmation on this? Me and my brother want to start early.
A wise man once said to me: "A wise man once said to me."

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Game-sharable? I'm pretty sure it's an account unlock, and will only be applied to the account it's purchased on, so your brother would have to get his own Head Start pack.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Maybe "past19" is asking if the starter pack will apply to all the characters created on a single account?
    "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    If you're referring to being able to shared across different versions of NW, the answer is no. Nothing ports across any other version of NW--they are, to all intents and purposes, separate games on separate servers.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    past19#3353 past19 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you for the replies and to clarify I meant the ability to buy the game on my account and share it with him.

If you're referring to being able to shared across different versions of NW, the answer is no. Nothing ports across any other version of NW--they are, to all intents and purposes, separate games on separate servers.

kreatyve said:

Game-sharable? I'm pretty sure it's an account unlock, and will only be applied to the account it's purchased on, so your brother would have to get his own Head Start pack.

Maybe "past19" is asking if the starter pack will apply to all the characters created on a single account?

A wise man once said to me: "A wise man once said to me."

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Thank you for the replies and to clarify I meant the ability to buy the game on my account and share it with him.

There hasn't been any information released yet as to which items are tradeable in the pack and which are bound. I would hope that more information will be forthcoming, but I'm positive the keys, at the minimum, will be bound to your account (as enchanted keys are BtA in any event).

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    fearurfatefearurfate Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    nah i know what he is talking about and im not to sure if you'll be able to. any community manager would know more then i. But what he ment was. He wants to buy this head start pack on his account on (im only guessing) his own ps4 then to use game share with his brother so, his brother then could download the headstart pack on his ps4 without having to spent another $20. i want to say thats this will most likely not be a thing with the headstart pack but, like i said, a community manager would know more than i.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm working on getting answer for this from @StrumSlinger (Community Manager).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Your brother would have to buy it separately as the Head Start Pack is tied to your account rather than your PS4.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    fearurfatefearurfate Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    @strumslinger are we able to get a confirmed exact time on when the onyx head start pack will be available on the psn store on the 12th?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic