test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steel Defense / Vs. Your group

zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
Hey guys Full Metal Witch from the so similar xbox world. I have been noticing some inconsistencies with steel defense when KV is active. Actually what I've noticed is my teamates can die when I am immune to damage. Makes sense since I cannot take their damage that it wouldn't negate the hit they take. My rotation is always as follows: (active KV) activate fighters recovery (steel defense proc), pop ITF, enforced threat, tide of the iron and back to blocking. I've noticed orcus one shoting Frontline DPS such as GWF and TR. Has anyone else noticed this? I know I keep his agro as he is still aimed directly on me but somehow teammates are falling while SD and KV are openly active. Thanks for the responses. Happy hunting fellow Tanks.
Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
4149 TiL
Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
"Nobody does it better"
#TLO BiS

Comments

• Options
    slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Orcus does a massive amount of damage, cutting damage by 50% on non tanks will still get them killed by orcus normally. Steel defence doesn't affect the reduction as far as I'm aware.
    I actually found that KV is a little pointless in the orcus fight, I opted out for Knee Breaker just since it seems great for aggro holding(+crushing pin, so I get rid of guarded assault and slot shield talent instead for that fight).

Ony a cleric is really going to cut that one shot chance down with their super damage block ability.
  • Options
    I'll make some videos of the event. The initial observation is when I go immune I in turn don't absorb damage therefore I'm seeing others die. I slot KV since I'm above DR cap idle and it won't kill me for receiving direct kv hit or from orcus himself. I do like the knee breaker CP idea but the fight goes so fast I'm just puzzled when someone dies.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    I think the Cleric power is anointed army that negates damage.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    KV is almost usless in the orcus fight. And it does still work when steel defense is active, but it just negates the damage you recieve. Also Orcus' attack is an AoE if I am not mistaken so anyone standing near you will most likely die.
  • Options
    I've found a neat little artifact to help Frontline DPS stay alive now, I made a mythic sigil of the Oathbound Paladin and it's ridiculous. No problems now unless past mistakes haven't been repeated.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    KV is still good for Orcus, he has these AoE's that could end up killing your party if you don't have KV up. Tell your melee DPS to stay on the opposite side. Sometimes you can lose aggro of Orcus so he will face another melee adventurer then one-shot him. If they are on the other side, Orcus will have to turn, this gives you time to react by spamming mark on him, or they can just back away whenever he starts turning.

OP artifact is also very good, it boosts your ITF as well.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    I do always stand on the opposite side as group. Just some anomalies happen I've noticed. This is a typical burn of orcus week one of release.
    https://youtu.be/YRY7BmlrMLM

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I like KV for orcus for the agro. If DPS pulls agro and gets his attention/hit, then when he hits them it can save some of the tankier GWF the KV will give me agro back.
  • Options
    Steel Defense now getting cut in half we are being fed both ends of a fat one now.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I Never use steel defence guard assault will help keep easier the threat returning damage and at the same time because the hit from orcus is big will heal me with the fighters recovery combo. I am using also combat superiority for more damage is more threat.